Appetite For Leveraged Exotica

oil weekly log chart (from 2 days ago).

F of x

I dont understand-if this is a log chart shouldn't the distances between the boxes diminish with the increase in altitude????

beardrech :ph34r: :cry: :ph34r: :cry: BuT I insist Herr Direktor,the Moon is not made of Green Chase;rather a Cmambert or a low grade Stilton

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daily reckoning reports that China has been invited to the next G7 meeting--and conjectures that at the sitdown It will discuss revaluing the Yuan, thus rewarding Busch for defending its scource of oi,l and insuring a stable market enabling w to get reelected

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: :cry: Confucius say--Don't do as i do; Don't do as I say;Just don't do anything--Shutup and listen to my Finance minister,the man of mystery: Fu Manchu--

Guest bullseatshitndie

the more i look at spx charts, the more i realize we are days away from the beginning of a decline that takes spx to 1000, w/ a low this fall 965ish. my only question is where prices turn back down next week. maybe 1100 holds or it makes it to the 1110 area. we'll know next week. this week was nothing more than option exp. bs that saw all all kinds of desperation to keep this muther up.

the psychological makeup just the reverse of may 2003. then, looks like a double top at 940, w/ a bull trap to 1050, then a quick one week selloff. the following week, prices broke out and and bears were covering there ass off and the cyclical bull began. overall, bears still controlled the market since the 2000 top, but that ended. now, looks like a double bottom near 1075 area, w/ a bear trap to 1060, w/ a quick one week rally(next week will render final judgement). currently, bulls control the market. but a move back below 1060 will quickly result in some major selling w/ bulls losing control back to the bears. will it be hedge funds selling, 50+ oil, some event???

post-7-1093041284.png

Guest bullseatshitndie

weekly spx. circle of similar tops. notice the blue arrows in each, support broken each time w/ big one week rally, both during expiration week. in 2002, closed at the high for the week(and right at declining 10wk ma), the following week that high never surpassed and straight down. will lightning strike again?????

post-7-1093041808.png

Whatever causes the market to fall, it definitely won't be a credit market dislocation....

NCEN within a few ticks of making new, all -time highs......

FRE not far behind............

We need to see spreads widen and these mortgage pigs break off before getting any type of 2002 decline going...............

post-7-1093042044.gif

Also wouldn't hurt to look at the builders.

A lot of them are getting J-Lo'd off the lows, looking like they are going to move much higher.

But the SOX did the same thing a couple of months ago, and it broke off to the downside instead.

The most critical stocks to watch are KBH, LEN, and HOV, which have the weakest charts, and look to be the closest to breaking down off a failed "J-Lo Bottom".

Builders

I'll be watching the SOX and the HGX very carefully....................

Guest bullseatshitndie
BSD:

See if you can get a chart of the XLF and the BKD indexes from 2002, and compare them to the March Madness top on the broads................

sure, i'll get them a little later. heading out for a bit

Guest bullseatshitndie
BSD:

See if you can get a chart of the XLF and the BKD indexes from 2002, and compare them to the March Madness top on the broads................

xlf and spx selloffs were shallow compared to xbd

post-7-1093046004.png

Archived