Sun, sun, sun

Burn, burn, burn

Soon, soon, soon

Moon, moon, moon

I will get you

Soon!, soon!, soon!

I am the lizard king

I can do anything

Nice summary Wndy, you hit the nail on the head with todays M2M.

Ag

Second that.

After hours, a fun a manager on Bloomberg (sorry I forgot his name) said one should pull back from commodity orientated stocks because of a major counter-trend dollar rally coming soon. It is one of the many ironies of 2003 that the $ fall lead Japan and others to buy so many US treasuries to stabilize the $ (not that it helped much) that we had a relatively stable bond market in the last part ofthe year.

Will it be an irony in 2004 that this much anticipated $ rally will lead to a large hike in interest rates, as foreign central bank buyers disappear? Actually I don't see any rally yet without a further fall in the $ and some consolidation.

I do think it's manipulated. I don't think it's rigged. I think it's just another mania. The bubble echo someone called it. If you look at fib time ratios, the bear phase has a relation to the bull phase and the bull phase has relations with the bear phase. Bulls will have sex with anything. Bears, on the other hand are monotonous.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Why would a doo-lar rally cuase the fed to raise rates?

IMHO, the fed is in a box.

end - if the dollar rallies, it is theorized that treasury bond yields would go up due to asian CB's no longer being "forced" to support the dollar by selling massive volumes of their own scrip, and then subsequently buying treasuries with their shiny new dollar holdings. The Fed Funds rate has nuttin ta do wit it. Well, almost nuttin.

I like the way IDS is doin at the moment. Maybe soemtimes some posts are too long, but overall they are market related and funny. The really big problems of the times we live in and other discussions which need more deepeness to discuss should be posted on LOB. People who post there should understnad that the overall majority who posts on IDS are real time traders and i tell you when iam just in a hard trade or a trade doesnt work like i thought than i really cvould explode when someone posts: "We are all doomed, it all began with the FED in 1913................". Sorry that too much and should be posted on LOB or M2M or whereever, but not at a intraday trading board.

Cause trading is a lonely business i like the fun stuff at IDS very much. Also recommendation with a short exaplanation are very nice.

What is really great at IDS past months is the fact that there is no "i am da man" type of guys anymore. Everyone is friendly and that should be so.

Archived