Chasing The Speedballs

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was looking at the satellite loop here, and if you watch the eye, it's moving almost due north. It's going to have to turn left soon to follow the forecast track, otherwise it's headed for a direct hit on NYC.

Hurricanes are famous for erratic turns during the middle of the night.

A slight turn northward, and it could graze the whole eastern seaboard, pumping the sea onto dry land.

Wonder which way those Navy ships are sailing from Norfolk? :o

I was looking at the satellite loop here, and if you watch the eye, it's moving almost due north. It's going to have to turn left soon to follow the forecast track, otherwise it's headed for a direct hit on NYC.

I read an interesting article once, I believe in the New Yorker, about the architect who designed, I think, the Citicorp building. Isn't it the one with the main support pillars at the base located, not at the traditional corners, but between the corners? I think the story was that it was done, in part, to accomodate an old church near the location.

Anyway, the thing goes up, the architects reconsider their work, and realize that it was utterly prone to winds from a modest hurricaine: I think it involved constructive interference of the sort that brought down that bridge in Washington in the 1930s. The architects stuck some giant dampener in the roof--a massive free-floating counterweight--which is supposed to have solved the problem.

Makes me wonder, I guess, whether the thing is actually up to snuff to withstand a direct hit from a hurricaine?

I'm beginning to feel the faith that the shorts are losing this battle.

CDE, won't take much to gun it over it's trading highs. Which I think is 3.75.

So far so good. Would like to see it take it out and close over 3.80 or so, this week. 3.30 was a dbl bottom. B)

Watch for a punch to the chops and a chop to the knees tomorrow morning... then boom, up it'll go. B)

Upside resistance was tested today -- twice -- and held.

VIX ended up below 20 for a second day.

Cautiously pessimistic.

da boyz are going to wrap up their agenda of the week tomorrow in case of disruptions from Isabel on Friday. Monday may be iffy also as far as trading. That means they could have a four day void. Tomorrow could be interesting. B)

It looks like NC and VA are going to get a major towel snap right across their butts.

Upside resistance was tested today -- twice -- and held.

VIX ended up below 20 for a second day.

Cautiously pessimistic.

da boyz are going to wrap up their agenda of the week tomorrow in case of disruptions from Isabel on Friday. Monday may be iffy also as far as trading. That means they could have a four day void. Tomorrow could be interesting. <_< B)

I think it was shorty who, in IDS today, made an astute observation that they where 'that' close to breaking it out above 1030, and didn't get it done...and that today woulda been the day to do it.

I have enough singed fingers to now believe they'll get it done tomorrow or any other time if they want to, but....it does give one pause for thought. If not today, why not?

something to do with opex?

Hans Scheisser :lol:

------

can anyone confirm:

today BoJ intervention wasnt successfull. They intervened in gbpjpy and eurjpy, bought both pairs, nad in doin that wanted to pop up usdjpy (you know eurjpy goes up, but eurusd not so much and then usdjpy must go up). But after all usdjpy did even fall below 116 :lol:

I thought gbp was strong today because of the BoE minutes, which signlaed rate hike possible and last rate czt wasnt necessary. But a forex buddy said he called Goldman SAchs and they told him that japanese intervened heavily in eurjpy and gbpjpy.

Anyone? Rog?

Archived