B4 The Bell, Moonday April 26

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The SPX and XAU traded in concert for quite a while, part of the same dollar/hedge trade. The XAU failed to break out of a bull flag, and has gone south, leading the market since it was the most speculative front of the hedge. The XAU spike this morning seems technical and not related to dollar hedging.

Now the SPX is following the same path (SPX and XAU 6 mo. charts were nearly identical, until the XAU breakdown). Many SPX participants are waiting for a slingshot effect as the US trends down in it's channel for a bit. I don't the think the redux will occur, because we now have an interest rate scare, and a war/election that is far from decided.

This is not the market we had in '2003.

The Fed Bullhorning persisted all weekend.

It never stops.

Why do these Carnival Barkers feel the need to "soothe and re-assure" 24/7 when interest rates are already at 66-year lows??

Wouldn't surprise me to hear that some big derivative player has gone BROKE the last couple of weeks, and the Bullhorning is necessary to keep all other counterparties liquid.

Interesting thought. A serious problem in the derivatives "industry" would explain the current frenzied intensity, which reeks of desperation. Weekend bullhorning by a central bank. Wow. Pathetic.

Both the bullhorning and "market" choreography down to the smallest detail clearly reveal a whole new level of Matrix Operations, at a new alltime high. When Zensmoke posted this week's criminal lecture circuit, not only was the post longer than hell, I noticed it only covered two days! Who knows how much is scheduled for Wednesday - Friday; they might not even know yet, just 'whatever it takes.'

If they get their damned stock market index breakthroughs and can hold them to the close, we can only hope they turn down the volume a little. Then again, maybe they can't, simply in order to just hold the levels.

All this talk about the fed raising rates is total BS. They wont because they KNOW the economy sucks and there is NO job growth with the exception of part time and service...not the kind of basis for strong growth in the economy.

The economy is the stock market and has been for many many years. They will not care how steep the yield curve becomes..

Threaten thier beloved sm? NFW

Soup

If the long bond forces thier hand I cant imagine the fallout

They are going to have to find some way to get these debt markets back under control.

I remember in 87 rising rates brought the entire house of cards down.

The market has been priced to perfection for years. I believe one rate hike ends it quickly or starts the waterfall.

Archived