Onerous opacity

Not sure you guys/gals saw this new product, exactly what I am looking for:

Press Release New ETF:

Prckshares (aka GoldmanSachless) a delaware conman company proudly announces its latest scam with Stock symbol UFKD. Investors who go long this con er sorry I mean ETF stock will lose all their money every day except when the inverse short futures derivative of the underlying 8x reverse future option when any tossed coin in the CME does not land on either side but on its edge and is witnessed by the entire floor traders department. We are allowed to bring this to market because literally anything goes in the USA because the SEC are out of town having a party with the proceeds. <br style="font-family: georgia, 'times new roman', times; text-align: left; font-size: small; ">

Full Disclosure: I am long and strong UFKD

I asked my broker about this marvelous product,

ie....account balances, margin reqs. and then about legal issues and the law.

They said I don't qualify (am not qualified?) to trade this ETF. :angry2:

Move along kid.....

Asshats.....:P

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another Sign Bottom is Behind, House Sales Contracts Rise 14%

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

Good, sensible report. I think there will be a lag in the mature markets like North East, especially NY suburbs. I notice properties coming to market at 2002-2003 price levels, it is just a trickle now, albeit noticeable. Demographics is not really encouraging for some NY suburbs with declining elementary school populations as young people who grew up around here leave in droves to more affordable locations in other states.

Would you have anything to comment on housing markets in NY suburbs and Expensive Long Island?.

Good, sensible report. I think there will be a lag in the mature markets like North East, especially NY suburbs. I notice properties coming to market at 2002-2003 price levels, it is just a trickle now, albeit noticeable. Demographics is not really encouraging for some NY suburbs with declining elementary school populations as young people who grew up around here leave in droves to more affordable locations in other states.

Would you have anything to comment on housing markets in NY suburbs and Expensive Long Island?.

I don't know enough about those markets. If they are expensive, then they'll remain under pressure. Cheap markets like Florida, where you've had a bona fide crash of 50-70%, will rebound. But even a 30% rebound would leave them 25-50% off peak. Demographics are good for FL, bad for Northeast, except in town, and close in suburbrs with good public transit. 45 miles out on LI, not so much, I would think. How much does a monthly LIRR ticket from Wantagh to Penn Station cost now?

I don't know enough about those markets. If they are expensive, then they'll remain under pressure. Cheap markets like Florida, where you've had a bona fide crash of 50-70%, will rebound. But even a 30% rebound would leave them 25-50% off peak. Demographics are good for FL, bad for Northeast, except in town, and close in suburbrs with good public transit. 45 miles out on LI, not so much, I would think. How much does a monthly LIRR ticket from Wantagh to Penn Station cost now?

Thanks for your opinion Doc. And the monthly fare between Wantagh and Penn Station is $254.

Doc, you sold out at the Florida top. Would you be a buyer now?

Maybe. Depends on the property, the location!!!, whether seasonal or permanent, the buy/rent calculation etc. But definitely would consider whereas before last year would not have.

I just find the still predominant extreme bearishness on housing, ESPECIALLY among clueless mainstream media types, to be laughable. They only pay attention to the bad news, and twist positive developments to make them look bad. I'm not wedded to the bear case in anything, as most of you know. I just want to be a contrary thinker and look at the facts. That normally leads me to the correct conclusions.

I just find the still predominant extreme bearishness on housing, ESPECIALLY among clueless mainstream media types, to be laughable. They only pay attention to the bad news, and twist positive developments to make them look bad. I'm not wedded to the bear case in anything, as most of you know. I just want to be a contrary thinker and look at the facts. That normally leads me to the correct conclusions.

Do you think it's the best asset class to invest get in now?

Do you think it's the best asset class to invest get in now?

Real estate as a passive investment? No. Real estate is local. Whether it's a good investment or not depends on the location, the property, the tenants, and the ability of the manager, whether it be self managed or otherwise. All of the successful real estate investors I know were very hands on, and completely involved in the business full time. They made fortunes through the judicious use of leverage, and being actively engaged in the business.

What an evil, sociopath Ben Bernsnake is, attempting to destroy the true saver and create a new poverty class among the elderly. Man should have his eyelids sown open and forced to watch the Golden Girls for eternity...

AARP and seniors are often touted as a powerful constituency especially with regards to Social Security and Medicare. How come that is not the case with interest rates?. May be because monetary policy is effectively out of the hands of the legislative and executive branch?.

Archived