B4 the Bell Turdsday July 8, 2004

I lost my job today. Entire Miami office was closed down and everyone was given their walking papers. No warning, no severance, no nada.

Another friend down here is in the process of "training" his Russian replacement as his job is about to be outsourced.

Yet another friend here works for Siemens, which is closing it's Ft. Lauderdale software development office in August. At least he got some notice.

Explain to me again like I'm 5 years old how the economy is improving and jobs are booming?

Shit, I have to think of how I'm going to tell my wife and kids. This blows.

Twig--

I feel for you, was there a few years ago myself. Hang in there, you will land on your feet.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McHugh who has a very HOT hand lately-is predicting a waterfall crash in his mid week update. Says the Semi's are leading the way projects at minimum 350 on the SOX and a possible 300-Wowza! ;)

What kind of time frame does he suggest? After reading Doc's report, it seems unless the bulls put something together tommorow at this level (which I doubt), we're just going to keep sliding down.

Tanks for your technical support Depends and MWH! ;)

Twig-

You will land on your feet! Be sure to post your note, and your summary quals if you like, over on M2M as well. It will be seen by thousands of people.

All stoolies are pulling for you.

Doc

When the science fiction event known as a hyperdeflationary implosion of a debt backed by debt system which I have been babbling about for the past 2 years happens...It will make all previous economic disturbances you have all lived through seem like pure bliss...

The just think positive inflation forever religion will totally and violently cave in...

post-18-1087842117.jpg

It's coming...It's been coming your entire lives...

And I'm afraid to say that the scoffers, Laughers, and the Oblivious are going to pay so dearly that I even find it hard to stomach sometimes...

There is no way to perpetuate the delusion you are all hopelessly dependant upon for much longer...

Shock? hahaha the real shocker is still coming...we get closer every second...

Wild cornered animal stage...

Time really is running out to preemptively wake up.

Twig:

I empathise with you and your family. I know it is deeply traumatic and

very personal since a job loss involves innocent family members.

Adaptibility and positive attitudes will see you through.

Praying for the best.

only problem is that the burrito was so huge it made me kinda sick all day. it weighted pounds not ounces - probably a 1.5 days entire calorie intake in one sitting

Jeez Pee, there's no law saying you have to eat it all in one sitting... :rolleyes:

Twig, sorry to hear about your job but Stoolies are survivors. I bet you'll be thinking your employer did you a favour down the track... B)

HB- McHugh and Doc and I and TE are pretty much in agreement , as I said earlier a rally to 1120 could be a Friday smiley-face and then lights out but I am leaning to continuation. There is the convergence of a lot of forces on the house of cards right now and the Funds are running on empty as far as cash is concerned. In the real world what just happened to Twig and my Nieces husband both being in highly skilled and well paid IT jobs just reinforces my thoughts of a Tech CRASH leading the way. ;)

The American Peso is getting pounded into ratshit tonite-go GOLD!

The dollar is the weak link here.

They can't raise rates fast enough to support it.

But any renewed rate cut or reliquifaction attempt will crush it.

The dollar is where the bill comes due for the long-running "free lunch."

Bad money drives up good. ;)

Archived