Danger! Danger!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Storing gold.

It's certainly not a trivial issue. That why banks and currency were originally invented in Venice :ph34r:

The Perth Mint in Western Australia has a service by which one can buy part of

of the gold they store. The details are here . . .

The Perth Mint: Certificate Program

That was my choice for reasons found at the end of this post

[ And as a reprise from an intraday post . . . ]

Came across this today. Very promising if it's true . . . the benfit of protecting oneself against inflation by owning gold combined with (electronic) market liquidity.

"The Perth mint in Australia would soon offer a brand

new gold-based security.

?

- "Gold Corporation, a statutory authority of the

Government of Western Australia and operator of The Perth

Mint, today announced its intention to issue a new gold

investment product," the company's press release announced.

?

- "The Perth Mint Gold Quoted Product ("PMG") would be a

gold bullion product tradable on the Australian Stock

Exchange ("ASX") and aimed at Australians seeking a

convenient way to invest in physical gold...The non-

leveraged PMG would be fully backed by gold owned by Gold

Corporation, and its ASX price is intended to track closely

the international spot gold price.

?

- "The Corporation said a PMG holder would have the right

to exercise the PMG and call for physical delivery of the

underlying gold at any time before the PMG's expiry.

?

- "A Product Disclosure Statement will be made available to

investors on release of the PMG. Gold Corporation expects

The Product Disclosure Statement to be released by 28

February 2003. Interested investors should read the Product

Disclosure Statement, which will be available at

www.perthmint.com.au on the release date."

Fwiw, my wife, who went to high school and university in Perth and is an economist (but uncountably many orders of magnitude better looking than Greenspam, being what the board would call "asian exotica" ;-) tells me that there's nothing more legit than the Perth Mint. Not that that should convince any of you, just me ;-)

Just an add on re: purchasing gold if you were maybe considering storing the stash outside of US.

We have gone to the Perth Mint here in W Aust and purchased certificates.

The Safest Precious Metal Storage Alternative for the International Investor

In an uncertain world, ensuring the safety of your financial assets is vital. The Perth Mint has a century's experience assisting investors with their precious metal investment and storage strategies and looks forward to assisting you.

The Perth Mint Depository has two Programs designed especially for investors seeking security and confidentiality. Both Programs operate under a Government Guarantee issued by the State of Western Australia, one of Australia's wealthiest states.

We have written confirmation that physical gold is purchased and stored on our behalf - not paper gold. We have used this system effectively for the last 2 years with no problems.

Just an add on re: purchasing gold if you were maybe considering storing the stash outside of US.

We have gone to the Perth Mint here in W Aust and purchased certificates.

The Safest Precious Metal Storage Alternative for the International Investor

In an uncertain world, ensuring the safety of your financial assets is vital. The Perth Mint has a century's experience assisting investors with their precious metal investment and storage strategies and looks forward to assisting you.

The Perth Mint Depository has two Programs designed especially for investors seeking security and confidentiality. Both Programs operate under a Government Guarantee issued by the State of Western Australia, one of Australia's wealthiest states.

We have written confirmation that physical gold is purchased and stored on our behalf - not paper gold. We have used this system effectively for the last 2 years with no problems.

Great stools smell alike . . .

http://www.internetstockreport.com/close/a...1583551,00.html

Think of how many view this decline as a correction. Yeah, a 2 1/2 month correction to a 6 week rally. :P

I think not. :lol:

The best part of the show starts when we break the Oct lows. Not a matter of if, just when.

Did my nightly 5 mins analysis of market direction: DOWN

Decision: STAY short turds, adjust stops.

Had a sigma4 event myself today.

REDUNDANT! :o

Pretty reasonable payout - so I am not complaining.

But it is going to be interesting to see what

the job market is like. I have been dipping my toe

in the water - and it feels pretty darn icey.

I am wondering should we pack our bags

and head to some part of America which is not

on the San Andreas fault, is less of a terrorist target

and there are jobs.

Any suggestions?

Maybe Sarasota - I have never been there but

I figure worse comes to worse I can lug groceries

for old people. :blink:

Now the only issue is do I close all my shorts

- cause I can't afford another SQUEEZE.

But then I will be really pissed if I miss the NIAGARA.

MoGauge Weaker 2/12/03

The driving force behind the US credit bubble economy is mortgage creation. To get some idea of future liquidity trends, every Wednesday we take a look at the MoGauge, the weekly mortgage applications index, direct from MoGauge Bankers Ass. of America (MBAA). A nicer bunch of upstanding folks you don't want to meet. The numbers this week dipped, but remain high. Lower lows and lower highs suggest that eventually the index will break down.

And, as usual Doc chronicles the market cycles, and tells us where this shipwreck is heading, with hot pictures of naked stock charts, the Long Bong Hit, Uncle Buck and the Golden Stool. Will Uncle Buck ever get out of his sick bed? Will the Golden Stool ever recover, or is the move over now that Cramer is on board? Drop by your stock proctologist's office, and get the inside picture, all in the Anals tonight.

Stoolies, log one in. If you're not a stoolie already, become one Now! And don't forget to join Doc during the market day in Stooltrading Beta as he plots the market's twists and turns for you, in advance yet!

I?m sorry I can?t remember who posted this link last night (thank you) its not unimportant. I think the author nails a major piece of the current puzzle.

http://chapelhill.indymedia.org/news/2003/...177_comment.php

Ever wonder why Gas costs 4 times as much in Europe as it does here? Taxes huh?? Well I?ve had my head in the blinking lights and wires for a few years but the ?petro-dollar? factor never completely sunk in for me - until now. The tsunami is called ?petro-euro?.

If higher oil prices are looking ominous in the US, they are crushing them in Europe and Japan. Anti-Americanism? The Worlds economies are in the toilet and as far as they?re concerned between the ?Bubble? and the US Iraq land grab, we caused it. And, while repetition may be the key to comedy foreigners are not finding Shrub too funny.

In Europe, most days, as they sell their own stocks off they also sell our index futures for breakfast and the stocks after lunch. Then as we all know we have a nationally financed magic hand that saves the US market so we can spend a bit more time in the short squeeze rally and grind routine. Its been bothering me why would they take the losses on the futures every night? Well it is obvious they know their going to sell boat loads of stock and be able to cover later.

Iraq was the first OPEC state to switch to the Euro for oil settlements. Germany and France invest in their oil infrastructure.

NATO has its first ever extremely public family fight. The fight centers on arming Turkey, the NATO border state with IRAQ.

There?s talk of OPEC switching to the Euro for settlements. Forget Nukes, bugs or toxins ? ?behold' - your 10-sigma event?. The greatest of all empires - ohh mousey the tragic irony - of all our bluster and might is that the father of ?Madison Avenue? will get cut down to size by a press conference. Ohh.. but not until they load up on euro, gold and put on their US shorts. Besides, who better for the US to blame for the ?Market Catastrophe? than the Arabs?

Not feeling well about our world but trying to adapt.

Beal

Today I covered my Ducks and Spyders near the close. I hated seeing the low prints in the aftermarket but I know I did the right thing ? Glad - So I could de-stress reset all this margin madness and fund a futures account. I think bd has it right its OE scam season and this is a slow cooking affair. And its soon time to but gold and short the dollar.

Guys: HISTORIC MOMENT

We've sailed thru the Oct low like it wasn't there. Intraday only but I'd say no chance of pushing back up. Currently All Ords is down 1.3% and things are looking SUPER BEARISH. Get ready for some action!! Bummer re pog, I bought the LHG call a bit early but will hold.

Knock on the door yesterday, friend moaning that his fund has lost more of his $$$. 'Mate, i said dump that 6 mths ago, put the money in the bank and maybe buy some gold'. Wants to know how come I'm making money and his fund isn't....patiently i explained yet again... This is a guy who sold his residence during the 90-91 recession for peanuts. I said not too late to get out of fund. His answer 'no, it might come back'. Some people never learn.

Second what Wndysrf said. Politics stay in Political Stool, though I'd derive a nasty, secret, guilty pleasure in watching the age-old back and forth degenerate into a full-fledged tag-team-crank-him-on-the-head-with-the-folding-chair WWF-a-thon. But, we're decent folk here, and either Mark or I will be forced to moderate your asses into the murky, single-60W-bulbed depths of Political Stool.

Back on topic, I have little to say. Too tired to jerk off on more charts, so will read the Analz and be done with it for tonight. But, one thought. You know that feeling when things finally come true? For Fokker, it was the first time with a girl (back when he was a boy :wink2: ), when driving a car for the first time, when getting paid for his first invoice with his first client, etc. Other things. Well, this 10-Sigma event? I have a feeling that it could come true too, like, as in, for real. The real deal. Fokker keeps his maples and his solo kruge and his silver with his tent, camping stove and fuel, water filter and iodine tabs. It could happen. Hopefully it won't.

3 books for $54 (and FREE SHIPPING)

Stock up NOW during the HUGE 3 for $54 Special

For all "3 for $54" titles, click here & Start shopping

(Hurry - offer ends soon. Email link to a friend)

Browse through over 50 BESTSELLERS - many regualrly prices OVER

$54 EACH...and CHOOSE ANY 3 for $54 (or 6 for $108, etc) including...

>> New Trader's Tax Solution - Must Have - $59.95

>> Spread Trading - NEW! $40

>> Bear-Proof Investing $21.95

>> Getting Started in Trading - $19.95

>> Technical Analysis Simplified - Bestseller - $29.95

>> Stocks Bonds Options Futures - $19.95

>> Using Options to Buy Stocks - $34.95 (+FREE SHIPPING!)

>> How to Select Stocks Using Technical Analysis - $49.95...

And dozens MORE!

PLUS...get FREE SHIPPING on orders over $99

Offer ends SOON - click here NOW - email to Friends:

Click here & Start shopping

NOTE: You CAN EVEN ADD non-special items to your cart

to get the FREE SHIPPING

Find even MORE bestsellers in this HUGE special sale.

(get 3 titles for $54 - for a LIMITED TIME ONLY)

>> New Trading Dimensions - $59.95

>> Traders' Guide to Technical Analysis - $37.50

>> The New Option Secret - $65

>> Winning in the Futures Markets - $22.95

>> The Art of Short Selling - reg. $55.00

**Plus DOZENS MORE to choose from**

Stock UP NOW. Just click here:

And...Don't forget about FREE SHIPPING

ON ANY ORDER over $99

Stock up NOW and SAVE!

Click here for this incredible offer:

Frequently asked questions:

This offer cannot be combined with any other offer, including but not

limited to group discounts, catalog discounts, bundles, or other email

specials. 3 for $54 titles available while supplies last only. *FREE

shipping applies to orders with subtotal over $99 (shipping & tax,

where applicable, nit included). Free shipping applies to cost cutter

shipping in the domestic U.S. only (no PO Boxes, please). Receive 50%

off for standard shipping to foreign and international locations.

NOTE: All items from this sale will appear in your shopping cart for

$18 to receive the "3 for $54" pricing. THIS OFFER EXPIRES 2/15/03 at

11:59 PM EST and is available by clicking the links in this post only.

Piles, I think a lot of people are still under the illusion financial advisors know what they're talking about. The idea of them being salesppl never occurs to the masses. Bit like asking a car salesman, "is this a good car?" :blink:

Archived