IDS World Markets Fri 5th October 07

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gaSSahol runs about 10 cent higher in Fruit'N'Nut country

even in Midwest it's hard to believe prices would drop another half from current level

that'd put 'er at about 78 cent a gallon :mellow:

I think it's bottom talk

time ta dong ethanol futures right here

612803[/snapback]

Shorty

While I understand your fading the shorts there is a real danger of the collapse of ethanol as an industry....the reason is that the corn input is rapidly approaching prices that make it more worthwhile to treat it as a food product rather than as a petroleum substitute....

holy crap!

my good sir Beardrech,

I don't know where to begin

you guys are makin' me laugh!

the ethanol industry in the U.S. is just getting started and it will grow for decades

the propaganda put out by vested interests opposed to it is inane, especially the transparently bogus uses-more-energy-than-it-produces pseudo-arithmetic that any (non-public school) 6-year-old could easily see through

in essence cornahol is merely stored solar energy and is therefore free, renewable, and virtually limitless

more corn, unlike crude oil, can quickly be grown over and over and over again, until the Sun burns out

how many gallons of crude oil based gasoline is required to be burned to produce a hundred thousand billion trillion gallons of ethanol?

zero

because I can plant and harvest the first acre of corn by hand with no gasoline, and distill enough ethanol from that corn to fuel my tractor to produce another ten acres, and on and on and on....I don't need no stinkin' crude oil - NONE.

furthermore your postulation regarding the current relative prices of corn for food versus petroleum substitute is arse backwardated, the current ratio of corn price to crude price is approximately 3.20/81=.039 versus approximately 2.20/20=.110 eight years ago, corn is up about 50% but crude is up over 300%, so on a relative basis it is much cheaper now to produce cornahol

DO THE MATH!

and the oft-spouted argument that "there's not enough acreage to meet the total demand for car fuel" is similarly comical, as it could be restated as "no matter how much you produce, there will be an eager consumer market for it"

sounds like a good bidness to be in!

612829[/snapback]

Shorty,

This is the best info I have seen in long time.

I'm thinking Rockies-Indians woud be really interesting.

612848[/snapback]

Cleveland vs. Colorectal. Now there's a matchup that will stir the hearts of network executives. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Better believe they are praying for the Yankees to make it, or at least the Sox, who would bring in all of New England and Boston expats. In the NL the favored son would be the Cubbies for sure. Team from the no. 3 market with a national following via WGN cable superstation.

Even though the Phillies come from the No. 4 media market (Nielsen) with a rabid fan base, they have no following outside the immediate Delaware Valley region, being penned in with other teams within 90 miles in every direction. For example, in York Pa, less than 100 miles west of Philly, everybody is an O's fan. North and east of Trenton, only 40 miles away, they're all Yankees and Mets fans.

Colorectal and Cleveland is probably the worst matchup of all for the networks. Two small markets with no national following. Cleveland is another hemmed in market with nearby teams in every direction, and it's small to begin with. As for Denver, most people don't even know that it had a team, or where it is for that matter.

612856[/snapback]

I wonder if the umps have been made aware of the economic facts of life? :lol:

hui 3 day cycle projection still 392.50. The gold stock traders appear befuddled at the moment, but they should get on the bandwagon.

612865[/snapback]

I mentioned last week that there was a swag of long signals on junior miners. Same thing happening this week and I've only been thru the charts A-J. Junior oils seem to be sparking too.

I want everyone to leave their day jobs and start trading. :lol:

Bonds really getting wacked,That ought help the mortgage market. USD now RED. :o What is with the Canuck buck? :unsure:

SI Z07 13490 13590 13310 13540 + 40

CD Z07 100350 101850 100230 101800 + 1400

GC Z07 7438 7438 7327 7429 -9

GC V07 7310 7316 7310 7316 -62

TX Z07 78305 78750 78240 78290 -90

US Z07 N/A 112070 110310 111040 -1020

SP Z07 155230 156480 155060 156030 + 810

Darling Says U.K. Will Be Hurt by Credit Squeeze

Oct. 5 (Bloomberg) -- Chancellor of the Exchequer Alistair Darling, preparing his semi-annual economic forecasts, said the U.K. will be hurt by higher borrowing costs.

``It would be prudent to assume it will have some effect on us here,'' Darling said in an interview with the Financial Times today. ``If you look across the world, given the importance of the U.S. economy and given what's happened here in relation to the effect it will have on the availability of credit, it would be fairly odd if you didn't take account of that.''

well look at that

gold flips the gov't the bird and crawls, badly beaten and bruised, back to green, at least for a brief moment here

maybe the derivatives tower is ready to implode

maybe Wamu is forced to cover gold shorts :lol:

maybe the world doesn't believe gov't strong eCONomy reamports

maybe the dollar really is just terlet paper after all

who knowz

now looking at a 3 day cycle projection around 1557.

612866[/snapback]

Pretty soon the "Fed isn't cut rates anymore" crowd will be out and maybe that will throw water on this rally!

612871[/snapback]

Just curious as to what load of dung reason Bill Gross & Jim Cramer could give for another rate cut?

*DJ Bush To Make Statement On Economy At 9:55 AM ET

(MORE TO FOLLOW) Dow Jones Newswires

sell?

612876[/snapback]

No way Potatohead! They would send Hammerin Hank himself down to the pits to start buying futures.When your approval rating is 30% you don't risk the market going down when your taking a victory lap!Although, it would sure be funny if you were right!

Archived