Sell Now, or Forever Hold Your Piece

I wonder if gtnworse ever sold out in Santa Monica, or if it just keeps gtnworse....gonna be interesting to see how it plays out thru the Pay Option mess just firing up now....

I was just there last week. The local paper ran an article saying that SM had the 5th highest real estate prices in the country. Probably 99% of the kids going to school there could not buy a house in the city. I know I can't. Most people who work in the city are now commuting in from other areas.

In general, LA traffic is now a nightmare. The 405... oh the humanity.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business...ar-1798175.html

In the most profound financial change in recent Middle East history, Gulf Arabs are planning – along with China, Russia, Japan and France – to end dollar dealings for oil, moving instead to a basket of currencies including the Japanese yen and Chinese yuan, the euro, gold and a new, unified currency planned for nations in the Gulf Co-operation Council, including Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait and Qatar.

Secret meetings have already been held by finance ministers and central bank governors in Russia, China, Japan and Brazil to work on the scheme, which will mean that oil will no longer be priced in dollars.

Here's what's on my Current Events whiteboard. None of it is real cause for celebrating the bear case.

1. The situation with the Iranian nuclear program has gotten much closer to a crisis point than the public realizes. The 'bomb Iran' meme was part of the neocon black cloud for so long that people got sorta used to it. But the reality has changed materially.

If a crisis were to actually reach the point of an Israeli airstrike, this would almost certainly necessitate pre-emptive US strikes against Iranian naval and missile assets, to protect oil shipments through the Strait of Hormuz. In that scenario, oil prices would move sharply higher, and stocks would be sold hard.

2. For a variety of reasons there's already a potential for a more precipitous selloff than most think possible. A linear increase in the apparent possibility of a military strike against Iran will result in a geometric increase in the likelihood of a stock panic.

3. If military action were imminent, it probably would leak and be frontrun in the oil market. There would be a tell. Not much notice but maybe a little.

I'd be watching the price of oil pretty closely here.

Here's what's on my Current Events whiteboard. None of it is real cause for celebrating the bear case.

1. The situation with the Iranian nuclear program has gotten much closer to a crisis point than the public realizes. The 'bomb Iran' meme was part of the neocon black cloud for so long that people got sorta used to it. But the reality has changed materially.

If a crisis were to actually reach the point of an Israeli airstrike, this would almost certainly necessitate pre-emptive US strikes against Iranian naval and missile assets, to protect oil shipments through the Strait of Hormuz. In that scenario, oil prices would move sharply higher, and stocks would be sold hard.

2. For a variety of reasons there's already a potential for a more precipitous selloff than most think possible. A linear increase in the apparent possibility of a military strike against Iran will result in a geometric increase in the likelihood of a stock panic.

3. If military action were imminent, it probably would leak and be frontrun in the oil market. There would be a tell. Not much notice but maybe a little.

I'd be watching the price of oil pretty closely here.

bullish fer energy stocks? :wacko:

bicycles?

anywayz mebbe a good time ta dong ol' Earl

ON THE SUBJECT OF MORTGAGE LOANS

I highly recommend splt loans - 50% floating rate, 50% fixed rate for five -10 years.

They combine the ability to reduce the principle - by paying down the floating rate loan - with protection against rate rises.

Archived