Equipment-

Blender

Sieve

Shot Glass

Sauce Pan

Spoon

BarBQue-Medium heat

Step 1-Pour 1 shot of Whiskey into the Chef

Step 2-Place the Blueberries, Vinegar, splash of water and hot stuff in the blender and puree.

Step 3-Sieve the blueberry mixture into the sauce pan. Spoon the mixture through the sieve to get maximum juice. Lick the spoon and then adjust the vinegar.

Step 4-Place sauce pan on the BarBQue and then add the sugar to the mixture and stir till the sugar is disolved. Lick the spoon again and adjust Tabasco/chilli powder.

Step 5-Good Work, Chef! Have another shot of whiskey.

Step 6-Just as the blueberry mixture starts to bubble, toss in a shot of whiskey. (One shot left!) :unsure:

Step 7-Reduce heat and then barely simmer until the ribs/steaks are done. Looking for a 50% reduction of the sauce. Sip the last shot of Whiskey while waiting.

Step 8-Finish the sauce with a knob of butter. Salt and peppr to taste. Serve the Blueberry sauce on the side with the ribs/steaks.

If you don't like this sauce, next time try strawberries or alternatively, double the quantity of whiskey. B)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, no one will ever convince me that there is a social-economic system that mutes human nature and its inherent cycle.

And you bring an anarchist and a central planning economist to a gunfight? :lol:

I agree. Leave any system of economics or government in place long enough and the sociopaths will rise to the top, eventually ruining it for everyone, including themselves. Inherent in the cycle of humanity is its own self destruction. Capitalism, particularly the American brand of corporate capitalism that favors large enterprises relatively unregulated by the state, is well suited to this cycle in its survival of the fittest mentality. At its core, and I know most would disagree, I believe that it is an evil system, but then, so is communism, so I don't know what the answer is. I am sure that I would be more at home in the European, or even the Canadian system where the mentality is more progressive toward limiting the power of the corporations.

In the end, I will probably stay in the US, and continue to shake my fist at this system as I bemoan its evils. As the system spirals into self destruction, chaos, and ruin, radicalism will increase and ultimately lead to riots, civil disorder, and the breakdown of society. If we cannot as a people step back from the brink at some point, the next step is too fearsome, too horrifying to even contemplate. At that point, there would be no safe haven, certainly not in a country right next door to the US. But you would certainly want to be as far away from this place as possible.

But in the meantime, life goes on.

To change the subject, I had to go solo on the Radio Free Wall Street podcast this week. I was wondering what those of you who heard it thought. Was it ok? Was it a bore? If I have to do it again, what could I do to make it more interesting and relevant for you. I have some ideas but I would like to hear yours, even if you just listened to the free preview. Please also feel free to offer suggestions for when our panel is intact. I enjoy the repartee between the 3 of us, but I'm prejudiced, and your feedback is welcome. You can comment here or if you are not a registered user here, you can use the comment form from this week's podcast.

I haven't figured out how to embed a youtube video. The blonde is back.

Meredith Whitney: 300 Banks to Fail

The tally: 81 bank failures this year, and 109 since the crisis started

and if you want more rants on banking fraud you know where to go:

http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archive...sure-Stats.html

Start with the ADD REPLY button, rather than FAST REPLY. On the Quick Access list to the left, or the Insert Special Item dropdown above the message box, choose Insert: Flash Movie. Then follow the instructions.

Completely OT - Just for the late Summer weekend...

Updated on experience...

Insane Grilling FAQ

1. What do you do with a quart of fresh Blueberries from a neighbor?

Figure out how to grill them.

2. Why did you do this?

Because I can.

3. How did you grill them?

Stuffed them in cored Jalapeños with Cream Cheese*.

After coring (remove all pith and seeds) then

Place one Blueberry at the bottom

Insert one teaspoon of Cream Cheese

Place 2 or 3 more Blueberries inside

Top with another teaspoon of Cream Cheese

Grilled for 40 minutes at 350F.

Run a skewer thru them about 1/2 inch from the top and hang them over a veggie grilling basket.

Or use one of the many "Chili Griller" stands.

These are basically stainless steel boxes with 1" circular cutouts to hold the chilis vertically.

You do need to skewer them so they don't fall thru the openings as they cook.

Let it sit or even chill for a few hours. Keeps for days.

4. How did it look?

The Blueberry juice came to the top of the Jalapeño and was Blueish with the Cream Cheese.

5. How did it taste?

Just like you would expect. The tangy hot Jalapeño combined with the Cream Cheese and Blueberries.

Altogether very pleasing and balanced.

6 Would you try this insanity again?

Oh yes, there's still a good quart of Blueberries left.

* Cream Cheese - I mean REAL Philly Cream Cheese, not any of that low fat crap.

Living near Fruitport Michigan, a world blueberry power which to say the least amounts to very little, I'll pass it on.

Slightly off topic -- butt:

Has anyone here had a crack at program trading through the Interactive Borkers API?

- I've read that their tick data isn't actually ticks, but rather 0.33 second time bars.

- Work arounds?

- Issues / stuff to be aware of?

- C++ API vs Java Wrapper? [speed issues?]

Not sure whether there are many IT stoolies out there.

Many stoolies are full of IT, and many think that they are IT, but I don't know how many are in IT, although no doubt, some are in IT deep. The question is, once you are in IT deep, how do you get out of IT?

The word capitalism, being an ism, has multiple complex meanings. Those meanings have deep political and ideological contexts and one meaning will never be agreed to by all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism

The word communism has a much larger consensus as to meaning. Still there can be variations. One of my favorites comes from a 19th century railroad tycoon, whose name escapes me. In the 1870's and 80's when he was distributing as much as a half million dollars a year in bribes to politicians, when a half million dollars really meant something, and he kept ledgers, said this.

I'll paraphrase

'There are three kinds of politicians, the clean, the corrupt and the communist.'

The clean voted his way, land give aways primarily, without a bribe. The corrupt whose votes were purchased. The communists voted against him.

Sandra Day O'connor grew up on an Arizona ranch larger than the state of Rhode Island. Most probably leased public land. In 1933 with beef prices near zero the business was near failure. In stepped Uncle Sam who bought the entire marketable herd at above market prices. The ranch was saved. This was all described in an auto biography. In the other chapters she was dutifully expounding on the evils of government intervention in the economy and markets.

CFTC Gets Ready To Skullf**k Small Investors Using Commodity ETF's

Something tells me this is gonna be an expensive lesson for yours truly w.r.t. to my position in UNG

Going to the Walmart to stock up on some KY

From the closing line of the article: Investors shut out of ETFs would still have a few ways to track commodity prices, such as a major oil company like Exxon Mobil Corp. Shares of such companies usually, but not always, move with energy prices.

Let's illustrate the efficient marketplace at work, which brings up my earlier pernt about schlocks versus underlying revenue source, the raw commode:

post-565-1250962204_thumb.png

post-565-1250962230_thumb.png

CFTC Gets Ready To Skullf**k Small Investors Using Commodity ETF's

Something tells me this is gonna be an expensive lesson for yours truly w.r.t. to my position in UNG

Going to the Walmart to stock up on some KY

The old Goldman Sucks grey fox is in charge of the hen house. Probably time to GTF out of there. <_<

HC-GM668_Chilto_BV_20081221162455.gif

Cutting out individual investors isn't the goal, said Bart Chilton, a CFTC commissioner, in an email. "The Commission has never said 'You aren't tall enough to ride,' " Mr. Chilton said. "I don't want to limit liquidity, but above all else, I want to ensure that prices for consumers are fair and that there is no manipulation -- intentional or otherwise."

He is there to help you. :lol:

Archived