Epicenter Of Excess

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about one of a Jewish guy who looks like Santa Claus in his younger days? :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are waiting for you to get older, so we can ask for presents. :P

I have lots of stories about the reaction I get from kids in stores this time of year.

I play along if I have the time.

My brother, who is not religious, actually does the Claus thing for real in stores and stuff. He is eight years older and has some more weight. Just a red suit, no other props for him.

That's 17th and Market. Sold hotdogs there. Also worked in that building behind the Mummer at DH Wallach, an options market maker and discount broker, back in 1981. Then moved across the street to Herzfeld and Stern, now Gruntal.

Sold hot dogs for a couple years in college, then bagels and coffee at 15th and Market. When I closed the coffee stand each day, spent the rest of the day in the office of Walston and Co. sitting in the peanut gallery watching the ticker tape, and pounding out quotes on the Bunker Ramo. 1969-1977. 8 million share days. The summer of 74, the tape wouldn't move for a minute or two at a time.

Back then the old guys would always tell me, sonny, whatever you think is right, and whatever the broker tells you, do the opposite.

I thought they were all cynical crazy old men.

Ah, those were the days....

That haunting voice...

Arch Crawford expects market to top between Nov 29 and Dec 4. ?Then hard down for two weeks to what he called "a Hurstian 20 week cycle low". ?That would mean down to Dec 18 ish followed by an "attempt" to rally for two weeks into year end. Arch then expects a terrible, terrible first quarter for the markets

So far right on the mark!

Guest BEARDRECH
when we read the post, we visualize the avatar, even if it is a cartoon, as having something to do with the person writing.

We see age, like in doc's.  we see male or female but not necessarily the truth.

It colors how we read the posts.

If someone used an avatar of an older grandmother type, they could get away with saying almost anything, no matter how rude, and we would take it.

Choosing an avatar is very important.

torah man

you know that Judaism is an aniconic religion--that we are instructed never to make an image of god-and, inasmuch as we are ,as human beings,allegedly made in the image of god,we are violating one of the judaisms sacred principles--albeit second hand; so when i chose my avatar--through ignorance of the inventory,one among many reasons,i'm glad to say that,through a happy accident, it did not reflecti my essence,because that would have been in violation of one of the canonical,if i may use that term, principles of my faith--

beardrech

p.s if i sound more religous than i am i apologise but i couldn,t resist commenting--someday in the theology forum i'll post my proof of the existence of you know who--so stunning is it in its simplicity and elegance that i fear for my life-- :huh: :huh:

Guest BEARDRECH
I used to sell hot dogs on that corner.

DOK

are u old enough to remember when every imaginable type of food was sold by street vendors including such exotica as,trust me its true,chick-pea sandwiches on a kaiser roll,iced tea from a cart with only a couple of glasses which the entire neighborhood shared;saurkraut covered hotdogs cooked in dirty water,snow cones(monopolized by the puerto ricans and referred to my my brother and i as Horsesh@@t wagons) italian ices sweet beyond belief--i ate so many lunches standing up i think i was about 14 years old before i found out that one could eat from a table while sitting on a chair---

till i was 7 years old it was permitted for children like us to urinate in broad daylight as long as i exeercised some modesty by doing it between parked cars---- if any of you stoolies doubt the truthfulness of said urethral customs find some lower east side archivist with a real historical memory and he'll tell you--would i lie to you--not unless there was some real money involved

beardrech :P :P

when we read the post, we visualize the avatar, even if it is a cartoon, as having something to do with the person writing.

We see age, like in doc's.  we see male or female but not necessarily the truth.

It colors how we read the posts.

If someone used an avatar of an older grandmother type, they could get away with saying almost anything, no matter how rude, and we would take it.

Choosing an avatar is very important.

OK, I give up.

I changed my avatar from Harvey "do nothing" Pitt to a photo I took 20 years ago

of some model.

Guest AssMaster
Youse guys(?) are starting to scare me.

All this bearishness is giving me frown lines. I will need plastic surgery before my LEAP puts go in the money *pout* Perhaps I should go shopping...for some diamond miners! :rolleyes:

Yes, the inner AssMaster is really an exotic Chinese car show model! Now ya know. Deal with it. :grin:

Hi, thought I should wish everyone, (even the transvestites) happy holidays. Glad to see site is slow, seems to be an indicator of sorts. Lots of posts usually equals a rally. Few posts should indicate lower, which is fine by me. I can't wait for the bubble stage of this gold bull. It's going to make that internet bubble look like amature hour. :P

Archived