World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Victimless viaduct

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU%3AXAO&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

All Ords failed to gain traction finishing -0.8% for the day.   IT +1.4% and Gold +0.1% were the only sectors to gain with Energy -2.1% continuing to trail the rest.

Over in Asia, China -0.5%, Hong Kong and Japan flat, India currently -0.1%.

On to UK/Europe:

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK%3AUKX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX%3ADAX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR%3APX1&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

This pattern of down spikes on the open and a ramp back up during the session is getting kind of old. It's exactly the opposite of what I thought might be the pattern as the market rolled over.. Overnight and opening spikes up.and then a flat to descending trading session. I don't trade short term at all and in any case would never trade on such feelings about what I think the market would or should do.

Lee, Appreciate your feedback on the Fed reduction of balance sheet. I have followed you on Sure Money  since day 1. Your analysis and insight are excellent.

Thanks Pot! 

I got a gold piece coming out there today.  

They seem to like me there. Love my editor. She's 40 years younger than me and a friggin genius with a great sense of humor. It's a lot of fun. We're developing a proprietary product that will launch in a few months.  It's just a terrific company with great people. First time in my life I have ever worked for a company that I really liked. I'm learning a lot about mass marketing. Fascinating business. 

The best part is that they haven't asked me to change. In fact, they encourage me to just do my thing. They tweak for marketing purposes, but I'm a fast learner. They hardly touch my reports at all any more.  It's just tremendous fun, and great to have a potential audience of millions. 

excellent gold piece. Very balanced. The interesting part on gold is that I have been seeing sentiment just completely gone from this market. Many investors are preparing for a drop from here. The retail investor has been selling for the most part of this year. Chasing real estate, stocks, crypto currency, etc. Gold Dealers and Wholesalers have had very high levels of inventory from client selling. Even as prices have been rising. Being told from a number of dealers physical demand is down 50-70% from last year. (One reason we have been seeing consolidation among dealers in this space) New coin sales are at the same levels as 2010, very similar to your 2009 4 year cycle lows. I would think the biggest surprise from here would be a climbing of the "wall of worry". Investors continue to not trust the rally and sell into it. That is normally an earmark of the bull trying to shake out as many as possible. Talking to bigger dealers, they are hoping for a decline which may bring in more buyers. I get the sense the worst possible outcome for the industry would be more grinding action, neither up or down. Like trying to sail without any wind. Most gold programs would begin to fail at that point because their business model which is dependent on transactions is slowly starving them. 

Archived