B4 The Bell Weak-end Meet, July 9 - 11

Guest Icky Twerp

And of Course, the Good Doktor Stool has been saying for quite a while that the Consumption was Consumptive, too.

I wouldn't mind so much but I think they will take us down with them. . .

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ECONOMY: Consumer borrowing rises with job market, confidence

WASHINGTON -- Americans stepped up their borrowing in May as an improving jobs market and growing economy gave consumers more confidence to take on debt.

The Federal Reserve said Thursday that consumer credit increased at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 4.9 percent, or by $8.17 billion, from April. That pushed total consumer credit outstanding to a record $2.03 trillion.

The increase marked the largest monthly gain since January, when consumer credit jumped by 15.8 percent, or $26.14 billion.

The Fed's report includes credit card debt and loans for things like boats, cars and mobile homes. It does not include real estate loans, such as home mortgages or popular home-equity loans.

In May, credit card and other revolving credit rose by $1.56 billion, an increase of 2.6 percent.

This is why I believe in the crash . . .

people weren't borrowing just to get thru the recession, which is now over, they have been borrowing as if there were no law of economic gravity -- that debt will not have to be repaid. . .

This is the precise reason economic and financial education need

to be taught in High School rather that the garbage offered in most

circula.

LLD, I just saw your post to me in today's thread.

Will you be returning to Edmonton? If one can get past the climate for half the year the economy there is healthy and the future looks bright.

Edmonton is calling to me, but we are undecided as of right now. The reasons we left were economic in nature, not meteorological :) We look forward to the day that we can return.

Editor of Russian Edition of Forbes Magazine Shot to Death, Report Says

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20040709_1301.html

Wonder if this had anything to do with the Russian banking crisis? :blink:

The assassination was the work of either the Russian Mafia, financial or political elements, probably all three.

2 seperate caliber bullets were found. I am unfamiliar with the criminal elements

MO's, but the ambush by at least 2 people...maybe more......was clearly

ment to silence the exposure of looting that had occured previously and may be occuring now.

WorldNetDaily has a blurb that assisted this SWAG.

TE I agree but it is possible todays intra day of 1115.57 may have been it!  Have a good weekend Pal.

As it was close enough to 1118, I agree. I don't trust scam week with Max pain at higher levels though.

Anystoolie notice NAT's move to new highs today. :wink2:

Don't know how I could survive without the many switched on and talented folks that make their home here. I cant say it enough...this site is a Godsend. Its my hiding place from a world run amok. You just cant find the intelligence, compassion and integrity that resides here, anywhere else on the world wide web.

Here, here!! Hear, hear?? Here and Hear!!! Ummm, yes. And I would add, not just the web, but often the world at large. Thanks, all. :rolleyes:

Don't know how I could survive without the many switched on and talented folks that make their home here. I cant say it enough...this site is a Godsend. Its my hiding place from a world run amok. You just cant find the intelligence, compassion and integrity that resides here, anywhere else on the world wide web.

Here, here!! Hear, hear?? Here and Hear!!! Ummm, yes. And I would add, not just the web, but often the world at large. Thanks, all. :rolleyes:

Ditto

CTX projects to 29. Notice how volume was much higher during the formation of the left shoulders?

Housing stocks in general all have the same pattern. Guess what that means folks?

HELTER SKELTER! For da longs in housing and probably the rest of the market. You already knew that though. :wink2:

Tanks again Meta.

post-20-1089432526.gif

ECONOMY: Consumer borrowing rises with job market, confidence

WASHINGTON -- Americans stepped up their borrowing in May as an improving jobs market and growing economy gave consumers more confidence to take on debt.

The Federal Reserve said Thursday that consumer credit increased at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 4.9 percent, or by $8.17 billion, from April. That pushed total consumer credit outstanding to a record $2.03 trillion.

The increase marked the largest monthly gain since January, when consumer credit jumped by 15.8 percent, or $26.14 billion.

The Fed's report includes credit card debt and loans for things like boats, cars and mobile homes. It does not include real estate loans, such as home mortgages or popular home-equity loans.

In May, credit card and other revolving credit rose by $1.56 billion, an increase of 2.6 percent.

This is why I believe in the crash . . .

people weren't borrowing just to get thru the recession, which is now over, they have been borrowing as if there were no law of economic gravity -- that debt will not have to be repaid. . .

This is the precise reason economic and financial education need

to be taught in High School rather that the garbage offered in most

circula.

Word!

Twig (and LLD),

There's a cool story about reinventing your life in the current Escape from America magazine:

By late 2001, I had been employed as a pilot for almost 20 years.? Up until then, I was leading what some would consider a normal life.? I had a great job as a 757 Captain flying for the country?s second largest airline ? Canada 3000.? At the time, I was happily married living a quiet suburban life with a dog, two cats and a house in a small town about an hour west of Toronto?... I was quite content in my lifestyle and I believed that Canada 3000 would provide my sustenance for many years to come.

Sadly, in November 2001, my bubble burst and the unthinkable happened.?With little warning, Canada 3000 shut down flight operations.? For the following 16 months, I was faced with uncertainty and the disheartening prospect that I may never fly again. Despite my circumstances, I was more fortunate than some of my former colleagues.? Some lost their houses, their livelihoods and a few left the industry altogether.? I managed to endure and I worked towards the day I would return to the skies.

Fortunately for me and several other Canadians, in January 2003, salvation came in the form of a telephone call from the other side of the Atlantic.

The author, a regular old blue-eyed white man named Steve Leslie, vividly describes the "different latitudes, different attitudes" effect as he moves first to the Dominican Republic, then to Argentina. By the end of the article, he's raving about his adopted country and publishing photos of smokin' Latina babes ...

I sent him an e-mail asking when the Part II article would appear. He replied from an internet cafe in the Dominican Republic, saying that he will be working out of London for awhile ... but added that he definitely will return to gaucho land. ;)

A Canadian in Argentina

Archived