IDS World Markets Thurs 9th October 08

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have our first all cash western economy. Iceland nationalized the 3rd and largest bank, leaving the country without a financial system. No trading in their currency, stock market shut, etc.

The government's decision to take control of Kaupthing, the country's leading bank, which has assets and debts across the continent, means that the Financial Services Authority now has control of all three of the country's major banks.
Got cash?

Bucky still walking along the roof of his old trading range.

idx24_usd_en_2.gif

We have our first all cash western economy.  Iceland nationalized the 3rd and largest bank, leaving the country without a financial system.  No trading in their currency, stock market shut, etc.

Got cash?

Bucky still walking along the roof of his old trading range.

idx24_usd_en_2.gif

697803[/snapback]

I can't believe Paulson hasn't had the treasury buy Iceland. They could hold it for a while and sell it at a profit.

I can't believe Paulson hasn't had the treasury buy Iceland.  They could hold it for a while and sell it at a profit.

697805[/snapback]

Maybe his banker, Madame Wu, wouldn't lend him the dough. :lol:

pointing at 965 on 1 minute chart on an inverted cup'n'handle breakdown. :)

I can't believe Paulson hasn't had the treasury buy Iceland.  They could hold it for a while and sell it at a profit.

697805[/snapback]

They could hold it for a year, wait for global warming to really kick in, then sell it as bottled water.

Archived