B4 The Bell, Tuezelday, June 29

Nothing like a 10:25 late night warning!

AutoZone interim Q4 sales down

By Carolyn Pritchard, CBS MarketWatch.com

Last Update: 10:25 PM ET June 29, 2004

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS.MW) - AutoZone said late Tuesday that its fourth-quarter, same-store sales to date were down compared to last year.

AutoZone Q4 same-store sales down in first 7 weeks

The country's largest auto parts retailer said same-store sales in the first seven weeks of the period were down 1 percent, and same-store retail sales were down 3 percent.

That's big. AZO has been a minor cult fav. Could drop 5 or 6 right out of the gate tomorrow. More problems in retailville.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predict that sales at these car companies will collapse over the next few months...sales will plummet and not just by 1 to 3%,I predict 80%....

Patience is the key now,not long to wait at all in the overall scheme of things...

Some retail stores are struggling here from early reports...one large retail chain,actually based in New Zealand but with a big presence in Australia has just disappointed.

They specialize in really cheap products...sort of like those dollar stores...they just sell junk, they have done well in recent years,up until this last quarter that is.

If these guys are struggling ,god help the others.

WASHINGTON - The Coast Guard will board every foreign-flagged vessel that sails into a U.S. port beginning Thursday to check whether it is complying with rules aimed at foiling terrorists.

A maritime treaty signed by about 150 countries requires each ship to have a security officer, alarm system, automatic identification system, access restrictions to the engine room and bridge, and a method of checking IDs of people who board. Each ship must have a certificate signed by the country that flags it saying it is in compliance with the treaty.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...port_security_4

I must be from some parallel universe, I just heard that on a Current Affair last night they had 2 experts talking about the economy...one "expert" showed a circular type graph showing the various stages of the economic cycle,he was suggesting that we are now just coming out of recession ??????

I keep hearing this?? I thought a recession was 2 consecutive quarters of negative growth...we have been booming for the last 3 years (the previous 12 years werent too shabby either)...when did it ever happen in previous recessions that house prices doubled,where every man women and child bought a brand new car,where every house has every appliance ever made....thats not how I remember the previous recessions....everything dropped in value,lots of business went broke,people lost houses,banks went broke,property developers were like lepers....

Isn't it interesting that spending on autos and autoparts were the two components contributing to higher consumer spending in May, as reported yesterday?

A couple of hours later GM announced they were having a lousy month, and now AZO.

wait until real estate goes -

i looked at a property today and it was early morning and the guy was making tons of pizzas and his heated trucks would carry them off. they go by construction sites and sel lto construction woarkers. its was early too. its gonna shake all the way down to the pizza restaurants.

Anybody keeping track of the world markets around here? Russia dropped back below the 50 & 200 and looking quite droopy - perhaps a safer place for bears to hang out... :P

Pravada's site carried an article on the weakness of the Banking System.

Seems there are to many banks, 1500 and that they needed only 1000.

:P :rolleyes:

WASHINGTON - The Coast Guard will board every foreign-flagged vessel that sails into a U.S. port beginning Thursday to check whether it is complying with rules aimed at foiling terrorists.

A maritime treaty signed by about 150 countries requires each ship to have a security officer, alarm system, automatic identification system, access restrictions to the engine room and bridge, and a method of checking IDs of people who board. Each ship must have a certificate signed by the country that flags it saying it is in compliance with the treaty.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...port_security_4

:D :D :D

CG is delivering pilots now???? :lol:

Archived