The Bear's Rave Party

We'll boys and girls all good things must come to an end. Just as soon as the mkt started going my way I need to wind down to join my Guard unit for a deployment overseas.

On Friday I trade in my stock charts and ticker screens? for a cockpit and a radar screen. Few weeks of training flights on the East coast and its off to the gulf.

I have no regrets about serving my country. I only regret that I will likely miss a historic trading opportunity. I leave it to you fine members of Capital Stool to take care of business and get this country back to a sane financial path.

Good Luck

Captain Bob

563686[/snapback]

Stay safe Bob. Hope to hear from you wherever your deployment takes you, but if you're tied up, we'll understand.

563694[/snapback]

Dr Bob

Whats with this business of a few weeks training and then into......are modern planes so robotised that that a few weeks is all you need to get back into flying shape---you worrry me..or are the ranks so thineed that marginal men are being recruited despite their relative inacivity?????...Im assumoin your a reservist and dont fly that many hours a quarter???

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: Be careful

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nouriel bit:

A US recession will be the result of the bubbles and excesses of the US economy in the last few years: a housing bubble now going bust; negative household savings; negative government savings (i.e. large budget deficits), low national savings and thus a large current account deficit. The party will be soon over; and the complacency and under-pricing of risk in financial markets will soon be corrected with painful consequences for the US and the global economy. The US economy has been living in a financial bubble for too long. Now this bubble is bursting ? yesterday in housing and sub-prime, today in the stock market, soon enough in a wide range of other risky assets. The fallout will be very painful for the US and the world once a US recession and severe financial sector distress interact in a vicious cycle.

Another nifty tip is to keep an eye on stocks that have announced large buybacks as that will give them a "synthetic bid"  (not a real term, I just think is sounds kool, but I think you get the point), good for when the PPT comes in to save the day, say by the end of this week, but more than likely end of next week -- folks will re-eval over the weekend and want to bail Mon, Tue next week......GS is one of these stocks

563791[/snapback]

When it stars appearing in the mainstream, we will know where they got it without attribution. :lol:

They never quote the best ideas from the best thinkers.  One of the best books was published by S&P, and a year later it was out of print despite being a best-seller.  Ironic, huh?

No, they like to push delusions on people so that they can plunder them repeatedly.  Some of the best delusions through the ages:

1.  Buy and hold

2.  Stocks for the long run

3.  Bonds always suck, period.

4.  Cash is Trash.

5.  Gold is for kooks.

6.  Never Time the Market (that's only for PigMen)

7.  A broadly-diversified portfolio is the best way to go... for mediocrity.

8.  Geoff Moore on how tech stocks would become the S&P with infinite profits.

9.  Growth stocks is for long-term appreciation.

I can go on and on, but I sense you already just threw up.

563761[/snapback]

Elh

Flaubert wrote an unfinished Novel ttled Bouvard and Pecuchet in which an Appendix was added; I forget the title but it involved something like The Encyclopedia of Stupidity or the Doctrine of received opinion--

In it are unfurled all of t he misbegotten self-endangering cliches of the day and even though some of the references are hieroglyphically obscure I think you might get some entertainment out of it

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r:This market will never ...............it will ...always---:::the forms of those idiotic ipse dixitisms of those accustomed to wear mind-forged manacles.

Even though I own them, bonds are seriously giving me some heartburn. The action is too simply too fast and too much in a short period.

At this point, TLT will either explode above previous resistance or trend upward using its previous resistance as support or both. MACD is still strong, and suggests it's possible.

Or it will retrace back into its previous channel (red), which is ridiculous in and of itself.

Or I'm just full of shit.

post-2961-1172640397_thumb.jpg

Elh

Flaubert wrote an unfinished Novel ttled Bouvard and Pecuchet in which an Appendix was added; I forget the title but it involved something like The Encyclopedia of Stupidity or the Doctrine of received opinion--

In it are unfurled all of t he misbegotten self-endangering cliches of the day and even though some of the references are hieroglyphically obscure I think you might get some entertainment out of it

beardrech :ph34r:  :ph34r:This market will never ...............it will ...always---:::the forms of those idiotic ipse dixitisms of those accustomed to wear mind-forged manacles.

563841[/snapback]

Yeah, well you know what they say about those who follow the herd...

But seriously beardrech, I made some comments in Intra-Day that gold is just too damn frustrating to trade. Unless you just keep it LT as a store of value, it will drive you batty.

Thought-provoking comment from Fil Zucchi at Minyanville.com:

"When Japan hinted at raising rates last May, the market fell out of bed. The debate then raged: do markets need perennial free money to keep rising or can they go up on their own strength?"

"Japan timidly raised rates last week and today world markets are getting their heads handed to them."

"The debate over what drove the markets up for the last three years is over. The central banks now have a clear choice to make: deflation or hyper-inflation."

"Place your bets."

563752[/snapback]

Uh huh. "Worse and worser", playing soon near you, with short subject from the film board of canada, "Where you going to run to now that it's over?"

Under be careful what you wish for, I wonder if the Helo Ben speech was just a campaign speech for the job? He doesn't Look like a Paul Volker, does he? :lol:

Wndy, you may be right yet.

209_accountant_pushing_wheel_barrel_of_money_lg_clr.gif

563763[/snapback]

Well Kiddies Its seems to be harvest time at all of the far eastern and Nprth American Schmuck Farms

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: My oh My See how quickly they grow

Online gridlock as shares plunge

Today's early morning share market crash had caused gridlock on on the Commonwealth Bank's CommSec share-trading website.

As Australian stocks joined the worst sharemarket rout since September 11, 2001, theage.com.au received reports that thousands of online traders had been locked out of the CommSec website, unable to trade during the crash.

Commonwealth Bank spokesman Michael Gleeson said the site has not crashed, but experienced a record volume of traffic on the site.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/onl...2338673776.html

563771[/snapback]

Bris

This is why,sometime ago, I posted the prophecy that the info-teck mavis was ranting about: He said that the legacy systems of all the major markets were such a mish mosh of tattered threads and patches, that no way was it the system) going to take care of the gargantuan amount of traffic predicted to ocur in any one of a variety of major or minor panic seling days---- He was right!--and if I understood him correctly ,in the future,it will be even worse than todays turbulence

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: Now one must ask himself the question--How can I profit from systemic hyper tchn0-constipation??????

There were no positive groups today.? These are the forty worst.

Edit for wrong image first time.? Sorry.

563769[/snapback]

That's more like IT. Looks like a Deflation list if you believe it was correct. I'm 55-45 long-short, and today, I regret it. :P The shorts are green, a miracle, but I got clocked in miners like many here. So, some happy pictures, shorts.

post-2253-1172626235_thumb.gif

563772[/snapback]

My associate has one of the largest gold possitions in one of the top five banks in the Usa (I dont wanta be too specific)---we were not crying at all--we expected that at some time a Hurricane would siphon off a chunk of the big G--and to simply hold tight --ala Homesteak in post 1929

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: Heya Beeah dreechah--Y u no shudda up-I breaka you knecka--you tracka loada steenka!

======Uh Pardon me Padrone where did you learn your English? At the Berlitz school for Assasins? OOof!!!

Greetings Stool pigeons...

Been many a moon since I've been back here, but looks like I'm not the only one back to see some carnage...NICE DIREWOLF! Remeber the good ole days?!?!

Been heavily long for a few years, and rercently pulled back the reigns and have been nibbling at shorts and getting smacked around.....Its finally time again....

The stage is set for the tide to turn...the trend to change...and be it known

THE TREND IS YOUR FRIEND.......

Need to chop around for ahile and retest the highs probably, but this is a landmark day fer sure....

Game on!

Nouriel bit:

A US recession will be the result of the bubbles and excesses of the US economy in the last few years: a housing bubble now going bust; negative household savings; negative government savings (i.e. large budget deficits), low national savings and thus a large current account deficit. The party will be soon over; and the complacency and under-pricing of risk in financial markets will soon be corrected with painful consequences for the US and the global economy.  The US economy has been living in a financial bubble for too long. Now this bubble is bursting ? yesterday in housing and sub-prime, today in the stock market, soon enough in a wide range of other risky assets. The fallout will be very painful for the US and the world once a US recession and severe financial sector distress interact in a vicious cycle.

563838[/snapback]

Altogether Gang Now

ILL NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN AGAIN

NO NEVER AGAIN WILL I SAY it again AGAIN

IT WONT NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN again

aHHHGGAINNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

nO NO NO ILL NEVER EVER AGAIN AGAIN

SAY

nEVER AGAIN AHHHHGAAAAAAAN

BEARDRECH :ph34r: :ph34r: Old time song evoking a sense of Biblical prudence

Archived