Turdsday Special

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
some whimpering about a "jam" in the background.

I'm not sure I was whimpering about a jam. I was really whimpering about volatility. My hope was for the first 'big' move to be a jam as I expect that to be a headfake move. And I don't see how a down move can be a headfake with a recession looming. I do believe hedge funds are flush with cash sitting on a fence waiting for a sign. I suppose we could continue to grind lower and they'll either try to bottom pick or press in order make numbers. BWDIK.

I cchoose to vote for the party whose essential principles are closest to mine, and to work within that party to make it better represent the things in which I believe.

I respect this sentiment but my experience is that the politicians care more about the voters they don't have, than the true-blues already in their pocket.

Sort of like...

The boss who will not give you a raise until you have a competitor's offer in hand.

The credit card company that will not give you a lower rate until you switch cards.

The car dealer who will not come down on the price until you are nearly out the door.

The player who cares more about his next conquest than the nice girl he bagged lats Saturday.

The market maker who will not hit your bid until you attempt to cancel the order. *cough*. Not that that's ever happened or anything...

Under the current system, politicians care about getting elected and staying elected so they can keep their baleen in the krill stream. If you want to get their attention, you need to be willing to harpoon them every once in a while.

I'm not sure I was whimpering about a jam. I was really whimpering about volatility.

Sorry, I didn't mean anyone in particular ... I do my share of whimpering too ... about the statists, mainly. :angry:

Anything can happen in the market (prediction is meaningless), but Brian is good about sticking to his strategy, which includes bailing when it doesn't work.

Now the moment of truth opening in one minute and running to the Bell I will be surprised if we don't take out the low. ;)

This was a deadly accurate call by Brian, when there was some whimpering about a "jam" in the background.

I do nothing but whimper, regardless the market's direction.

Guest bullseatshitndie
I do believe hedge funds are flush with cash sitting on a fence waiting for a sign. I suppose we could continue to grind lower and they'll either try to bottom pick or press in order make numbers. BWDIK.

playing devils advocate here: how do you substantiate hedge funds are sitting flush w/ cash? i believe the reverse is true. they are just jumping from stock to stock or from one market to the next.

i think the fund of funds biz has sucked in all the stupid money that has been available. most hedge funds allow for only annual withdrawals on dec 31 w/ 90-100 days notice. if the markets meltdown by this notice window, who knows what kind of liquidation could come.

I'm off to the Elbo Room to See the Sea

Hey Plunger.Weren't you a photographer?

Here's an Elbowflex for you! :lol:

LOL!!!

Wow, hard to believe such a well conceived and powerful brand name went the way of the buggy whip!

Elbowflex? I don't even know where to begin to connect the dots that led to that. Heroine addiction and psychotic episodes may have been involved.

FYI...

I was just out and about along the waterfront in Lauderdale and the humidity is unbelievable. Hot moist winds are pumping out of the southeast and you can see a wall of thunderstorms being fed just north of here. Charley is going to dump some SERIOUS rain to the north and west of here.

The last time I felt the air this heavy was in the midst of Hurricane Klaus on St. Thomas in the eighties. It was so humid that a new pack of matches in my hotel room would not even light after a day without power. The only thing more distressing than being stuck in a hurricane is not being able to light a big fattie - or so it seemed at the time.

Full court PR press to invade Iran in progress as we speak. Rumsfeld used the word "nexus" with respect to Iran...code for:

"we're going to nuke the piss out of you!"

Funny how we now know that Iran, not Iraq, is the most dangerous and IMMINENT NUCLEAR (NUKEYOULER) THREAT to the "interests" of the United States, which is code for:

Israel.

It's just unfortunate that Chavez isn't threatening to use nukes against us from Venezuela, or it would be a hell of a lot easier to justify our imminent invasion.

playing devils advocate here: how do you substantiate hedge funds are sitting flush w/ cash? i believe the reverse is true. they are just jumping from stock to stock or from one market to the next.

Annectdotal but I could be reading too much into it. You're probably right and they're all jumping into DELL right now judging by ah. Personally I'm a little puzzled by DELL's bullish statements. Either they're lying, they're the last to know, or I'm totally wrong about the economy. :unsure: :blink: :unsure:

I'm not sure I was whimpering about a jam. I was really whimpering about volatility.

Sorry, I didn't mean anyone in particular ... I do my share of whimpering too ... about the statists, mainly. :angry:

Anything can happen in the market (prediction is meaningless), but Brian is good about sticking to his strategy, which includes bailing when it doesn't work.

yes he is, very good. A great board! :)

Archived