Turdsday Special

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you have no idea how much dough is saved.

The wastage and mismanagement are also astounding though, as I see through WH's dealings with the system.

My impression is that hospital bureaucracies are run quite politically and many work methods that would be considered no-brainers in the real world, never see the light of day. For example, WH is currently experiencing the effects of a planned "reorganization" of in-hospital hand therapy (read: they're doing away with much of it). Instead of "involving all stakeholders" and other basic Reorg 101 stuff, employees are kept in the dark, as are the surgeons and public. No straightforward information or updates are made and significant quality issues raised by people in the know (as opposed to administrators) are being completely disregarded.

What I mean to say is that publicly funded healthcare may be a lot better than what the US has, but it's far from perfect and very frustrating to work in.

No doubt about it. The insurers are the biggest criminals, but the drug lords are right there with them.

I guess I am a statist, since I think government has a role to play as a regulator of corporations. This government is in bed with them, at least the Dems make the attempt to regulate for the public good. The Repugnants make no pretense of even caring.

One of the rightful roles of government, as I see it, is to protect the public. Good government does that. The current government is a bad government, because it sees its job as protecting its corporate buddies. My bet is that a Kerry government will be a better government. Not perfect, but better for sure.

Voting for a party that will get 1-2% of the vote at best is not going to change anything. I cchoose to vote for the party whose essential principles are closest to mine, and to work within that party to make it better represent the things in which I believe.

Yes Dharma Doctors are audited up here, to make sure they are sticking to their medical associations guidelines and to ensure they are not milking the system by prescribing diagnostics that are not related to the patients condition. There are no restrictions on a Doctors income other than the price he can charge his patient for a procedure. If he wants more money he gets more patients. We have HMO's here but they are restricted to providing supplemental insurance mainly thru Employer plans.

Voting for a party that will get 1-2% of the vote at best is not going to change anything. I cchoose to vote for the party whose essential principles are closest to mine, and to work within that party to make it better represent the things in which I believe.

Neither will voting for one of the major parties. One vote will not determine the election. (THough a few hundred in florida might) :)

Because my one vote will not determine the election, I am going to cast it for a third party candidate that more closely aligns with my beliefs. I dont like either democrats or republicans, (though I think Bush is particularly bad).

DJ Venezuela's Chavez Predicts Win, Says Foes Are US Lackeys

CARACAS (AP)--Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez predicted his "inevitable" victory Thursday in a weekend referendum aimed at ousting him, even as he lashed out at what he called blatant U.S. support for the opposition.

"At this stage, our victory is inevitable," Chavez said on the final day of campaigning before Sunday's vote. "The advantage that we have over the opposition is such that any surprises are impossible. Absolutely impossible."

Dow Jones Newswires

Archived