Long Weekend Discussion

she hates bush for invading countries for cheap , consistent supply of oil.?

What?

Oil has TRIPLED since Bush started "invading countries."

I'm well aware that facts mean nothing to most people today; they believe whatever they want to believe.

Still, how hard is it to like, uh, read something maybe once every couple years?

574405[/snapback]

but what if there was "no" oil coming from the mid east how expensive would it be ? i really meant cheap on a relative basis. relative to very limited mid east oil on the market.

574406[/snapback]

So if Bush had not invaded Afghanistan and Iraq then there would be "no" oil coming from the mid east? That's absurd. Oil is their primary source of income. Of course they'll keep selling it. Even if they sold it all to China instead of U.S. the net total supply would not decline -- there are other sources besides the mid east. In fact we get 77% of our oil imports from outside the mid east. We get only 5% from Iraq. As to the direct effect of the invasions, Iraq production has declined and the price has tripled, so the invasion clearly, empirically, factually, obviously has had the exact opposite effect of what your cousin believes; thus the premise of her assertion has been proven false -- four years running.

data source

post-2457-1176092006_thumb.png

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
she hates bush for invading countries for cheap , consistent supply of oil.?

What?

Oil has TRIPLED since Bush started "invading countries."

I'm well aware that facts mean nothing to most people today; they believe whatever they want to believe.

Still, how hard is it to like, uh, read something maybe once every couple years?

574405[/snapback]

My dear shorty, you doth collapse distinctions. Of course, Monkeyboy invaded the middle east to "secure" oil reserves to blackmail the rest of world, especially China, so that our failing empire could run the world a bit longer. The fact that as he did it, "Markets" ramped is just a pre-planned bonus. An upfront incentive for folks to fall in line, so to speak, as did the pod cast (on up front incentivising, I mean). ;)

574409[/snapback]

Speakeasy, my dear fellow war-mongering neocon and closet holder of long Big Earl LEAP call options :lol: you know dang well the only reason we invaded Iraq is so Halliburton could hire some more of them hot exotic interns for Dick Cheney. :P

post-2457-1176092648_thumb.jpg

post-2457-1176093690_thumb.png

There at Schaeffer's Investment Research,

"Why this earnings season is shaping up to be

a huge profit opportunity"

"NO WONDER OUR TRADERS ARE SO EXCITED ABOUT THE UPCOMING

EARNINGS SEASON!" which is the best opportunity for earnings play in this millenium.

I kind of agree with their assessment of the earnings prospect, especially considering the plunging dollar in the first quarter which will translate into higher earnings in US dollars for those tech companies which has more than 1/3 of sales abroad. An average 5% to 20% earnings upside surprise is in the cards.

Do they have CFDs in the US?

Contracts of Differences?

When one of our readers lost 96 per cent of his portfolio in a month after following the advice of a contract for difference broker, Mr Oakey tried to find out what went wrong, and who was to blame.

So Dave decided to open a contract for difference (CFD) account to hedge the risk in his portfolio. He considered several possible CFD brokers, including Blue Index.

Mike Estrey, Blue Index's head of research, had written to Dave to answer his questions about the returns he could expect. While stressing that past performance in no way reflects what might happen in the future, Mr Estrey outlined the "pleasing" returns from following Blue Index's UK trading recommendations during July. "As at yesterday, we had increased our total profit to 30.1 per cent in the first 11 sessions of the month," wrote Mr Estrey, "which would equate to an approximate return of around 20 per cent, after all costs, in just over two weeks."

http://www.contracts-for-difference.com/CFD-losses.html

New records.........

Poor machinehead over at Prudent Bear Chat is still beating the bear drum.

"Shanghai's fresh surge to record highs, in light of the six increases in bank reserve requirements and three rate hikes, is insane. Clearly the government will be obliged to whack out-of-control speculators again, with even more aggressive liquidity withdrawals. A determined government will always win these contests eventually."

w?s=000001.SS

574425[/snapback]

"It's Deja vu all over again"

1929? The greatest bull run in the chinese market history.

Heard on Gloomberg that DOW Chemical is going to get LBOed by some OPEC countries advised by JPMorgue.

I can imagine their sales pitch: "It's the perfect hedging against your oil producing country, if oil price goes down, DOW'll go up on cheaper raw material!"

(just don't tell them about the correlation between oil and economic cycles)

I wonder if the US of A will allow productive assets to be exchanged for dollah's. In the 70's they closed the gold window, can they close the takeover window in the 00's ? :lol: :ph34r:

THE FINANCIAL GUANTAMO BAY OR "THE BOND PRISON"

I wonder if the US of A will allow productive assets to be exchanged for dollah's. In the 70's they closed the gold window, can they close the takeover window in the 00's ? laugh.gif ph34r.gif

They already knocked the port buy on the head and the Unocal buy by the chinese.

The answer is they already have a percieved moratorium on recyling the trade defecit into real US assets.

The US Govt doesnt want the OPEC surpluses recycled into real assets - as they cant be inflated away.

They want the trade defecit surpluses corralled into the US bonds prison - think of it as a financial Guantamo Bay for rich arabs versus the real Gauntamo Bay for poor ones - where they can feed the defecit and war spending - eg aid as a tool for empire maintenace and government policy while keeping interest rates down.

Last thing the US govt wants is foreigners buying up real assets and creating envy amongst the 6 pac masses, and subverts the empire.

THE FINANCIAL GUANTAMO BAY OR "THE BOND PRISON"

I wonder if the US of A will allow productive assets to be exchanged for dollah's. In the 70's they closed the gold window, can they close the takeover window in the 00's ? laugh.gif ph34r.gif

They already knocked the port buy on the head and the Unocal buy by the chinese.

The answer is they already have a percieved moratorium on recyling the trade defecit into real US assets.

The US Govt doesnt want the OPEC surpluses recycled into real assets - as they cant be inflated away.

They want the trade defecit surpluses corralled into the US bonds prison - think of it as a financial Guantamo Bay for rich arabs versus the real Gauntamo Bay for poor ones - where they can feed the defecit and war spending - eg aid as a tool for empire maintenace and government policy while keeping interest rates down.

Last thing the US govt wants is foreigners buying up real assets and creating envy amongst the 6 pac masses, and subverts the empire.

574441[/snapback]

Or as innumerable vaunted american Treasury Representatives have said: Its my dollar but its your problem

So spaketh Seignorage

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r:

Archived