Rate Cut Blastoff

Oilman - something I have been doing is I roll my 401k's into IRA's when I change jobs. Then I roll the IRA money a little each year into a Roth IRA. ..... Who knows, it might be worth quitting your job once to roll your 401 into a Roth :P

How much of your 401k money has gone to taxes when you do that rollover to the Roth?

I did a traditional IRA to Roth a few years ago. I paid through the nose in taxes, and I paid that money out of pocket to protect the principle. Right now I am wishing I had left it all alone and saved my tax money.

The problem with all these special savings accounts is that the government can change the rules whenever they want to.

401k from my last employer is about to be distributed because the internet startup tanked. I think I am going to take the check and go to the coin shop.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi S4B, yep chooks under the house and not a peep out of them, possibly deceased ... I've moved into the office which is the only room with a/c.

I exchanged NCP for QAN but I agree would be worth getting back into NCP. The banks looking seedy as you say. I believe NAB doing a share buyback which is prol the only reason it has managed to hang in so far. Damn hard to find a bullish blue chip chart now!

Hi S4B, yep chooks under the house and not a peep out of them, possibly deceased ... I've moved into the office which is the only room with a/c.

I exchanged NCP for QAN but I agree would be worth getting back into NCP. The banks looking seedy as you say. I believe NAB doing a share buyback which is prol the only reason it has managed to hang in so far. Damn hard to find a bullish blue chip chart now!

Any opinion on the venerable Woolies (ASX: WOW)?

"Mr. Nikkei, he dead."

Drops below 8,000 Intraday

Clueless Japanese bureaucrats worried about a major case of the runs:

Monday, March 10, 2003

Govt To Consider Measures With BOJ To Bolster Stocks: Fukuda

TOKYO (Kyodo News)--The government will consider measures to boost stock prices in cooperation with the Bank of Japan (BOJ), the chief government spokesman said Monday following the Nikkei index's plunge to a new 20-year low.

Do you think when the guy who wrote that article goes home he says to his wife,

Fukuma, where's my dinner?

to which his kid replies,

Fukuda, get it yourself!!!

:grin: Probly not!!

Arch Crawford's "weird and strange" event:

Just reported on Drudge over his radio show:

N. Korea just fired off another missile into the ocean.  Japanese newspaper says that U.S. is seeking a regime change in N. KOREA....

Clinton and Dole debate on 60 minutes....

Well, is that weird or what??

The weird and strange event would be that Arch is right for once. ;) ;)

Woolies is probably the strongest of the blue chips. It went into a dive late Feb and pretty much recovered most of it.

I don't do Woolies as I prefer to short the dogs (the banks, Newscorp, BHP to name a few). The ASX has been quite resilient in the face of world markets going down the crapper. But I think it's going to play catch-up on the downside.

I have a WOW April 1100 put but it has failed to tank so far. My broker wasn't happy when I bought it because it is a bit of a market darling but we'll see.... Also have a put in Harvey Norman (HVN) and that's tanking nicely.

SG Waves today talks about war rally in context.

War rallies have only occurred because wave patterns leading up to the rallies said so....

It has nothing to do with the war bombs dropping, and all to do with where we are in the pattern at the time of the dropping... nothing more nothing less.

Read the SG waves thread today and see what I mean.

News fits the market, not the other way round...

This may be a bit complicated but if you really wanted to prove this point you would need to show how the moves in '91 which had been attributed to the war fit into the e-wave structure. My feeling is that they would. But then again my feeling is that these e-waves can be structured so as to fit any eventuality or result. This is not a criticism of your methods, just part of my continuing assault on e-waves in general.

Carpenter's make something useful - houses for people to live in, etc.

What I'd like to see is those $300/hr lawyers fees get knocked down by a factor of 10.

Here I have to get a one of these overpriced retentives just because the other guy's got one.

I've done business in countries where a contract is purely verbal. You go out, get stinking drunk, call each other names, and finally end up swearing eternal brotherhood.

Oddly enough, it works.  And it's a lot cheaper and a lot more fun ;)

What about PPD?

MJ has the right idea for a 401k, move it into a roth or comparable but ya gotta lose your job to do that. Loaning against your 401k funds and investing in say, gold is a move from risk to risk unless your sure the world as we know it today it done for.

Decided to pay down my own debt. Just trying to tread water.

I lowered contributions to 5% even though a new fund was added "real estate fund," investing mainly in commercial leases like big tall buildings. Ya know housing bubble is going to pop when that fund is available for your hard earned dollars.

I am in "gov securties" fund for now at low % gain daily as of late. Only other fund is "mortage and bond" fund which counters the market but you have to move in and out to make hay.

"Money market" fund is a sorry ass joke, price of gas just ate those gains up.

Drudge Report rarely has his own write ups on new news. Not to say that he doesn't provide a fine service but check out Jump right in by clicking here. Free Republic's "News/Activism" forum picks apart news that is not news from all sources and expands on real news so well that it is scary sometimes. By time Drudge posts it has been on FR for a couple of days from the original source/s.

BTW: Until labor is non-valued all activity is bartered until futher notice.

Also, concerning the Stoolies in NY, always wondered what millionaires did in their spare time.

Forgot to add that buying Burpee seeds and digging a well might be a good investment.

we're already in a cascade "waterfall" decline. Have been since mid January.

http://www.equitytrader.com/default.asp

I'm increasing my shorts this week. As early as Monday morning.

No need to "think" or forecast (second-guess), just follow the obvious trend until there is OVERWHELMING evidence that it is soon to change.

I'm not seeing any. Sentiment is not at all supportive.

The "war uncertainty" is just arresting or delaying the downtrend. Once removed we continue to head down, no rally. No more excuses. The market knows where it must go and where it is headed, it just needs time and for the clueless to catch on. :grin:

Patience, it always pays.

I'm with you piles. In fact I'm "doubling down" with drech today.

However one should expect an IT low in march/early April before another IT high in May/June.

The fires of crapitulation have not been lit yet and hope still reigns on the Street. Dippers will come again to feed at the "trough". Statistics will arrive to support a rally. And we will continue on. Crapitulation waves will hit in the "fall". Which fall? Ah, there's a question.

Archived