Photo

Broken Beer Steins Scatter Wall Street

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
433 replies to this topic

#16 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:25 PM

:o

View Post

:o :lol: :lol:
"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" Yogi Berra
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"Don't dig the dialog of denial"
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#17 Charmin

Charmin

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 34,177 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:31 PM

Scary thought for the FXI's death cross this month for the 50dma slipping under the 200. Some would say watch the FXI and we will follow.

http://www.StockShar..._1205530208.png
Cycles + Wyckoff + NTM = TechnoPile
A true Master averts disaster

#18 patents

patents

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:32 PM

they are all effed!  :lol:

monday morning will tell it. DAX right now directly at 6400, either it marks here a tripple bottom on the daily, which would be very strong sup afterwards, or it breaks down. I guess it breaks down, cause 6400 is technically a non-levle, there is nothing, no fibo, no important EMA, nothing.

Does someone really beleive that the FED goes full steam here to defend the 38 fibo, i mean the one from 2002 low in S&P which is at 1267? Never ever. They need their firepower to defend the 62 fibo or even when S&P tries to go below 1000.

I can imagine seeing just 2 weeks from now 1175 in S&P which is the 1175. I really can imagine that, what speaks against it?

View Post

I agree with you. I am placing my money on the market going down into the beginning of April until they trot out the excuse that it is time for everyone to add IRA money before taxes are due on April 15.

With that said, I am a little apprehensive with end of quarter approaching this month.

#19 MrHanky

MrHanky

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 14,306 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:33 PM

Hey guys and gals....Been in hiding for a few months.Quit my job at wynn las vegas and have been working twice as many hours now but making nice bucks.

Many of you will think I'm insane but......I bought a forclosure here in north vegas and I close in about 12 more days.I need a home to live in and rental prices have been going throgh the roof.
The home was originally sold for 377k in 2005,Then sold for 454k in 2006.I just bought it from the bank for 250k.The home is 2819sf and has upgraded everything awesome views and even a 3 car garage....So I am buying for about $89 SF.

If i'm way wrong,the home can easily rent for 2k or so a month.

Homes that are priced right here are flying (mostly forclosures)....Looked at about 45-50 homes,all recieved anywhere from 5 to as many as 44 bids.Pending sales on forclosures have tripled in the last 45 days.There are 16 forclosed homes in my development,10 are under contact in the last 30 days.Anything not priced correctly will never sell and will eventually drop hard to more reasonable prices here.

I may be early but 130,000 new jobs here in the next 2 years.I am hoping the price I paid per square foot will be a decent place to buy.Demand should at least stabilize here in las vegas around the $80-$100 Sf level.

I have stayed away from the stock market and have stayed in my CD's I locked in last summer.Hope everyone is making money,it's too stressful to trade these days!

Here is a pic of the home and a pic of my backyard view of mount charleston.....

Attached Thumbnails

• house__11_.JPG
  • house__39_.JPG

Nothing

#20 hadjin

hadjin

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 448 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:40 PM

Congrats on your home Mr. Hanky. Enjoy it for many years.

#21 pegasus

pegasus

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:58 PM

Congratulations Mr Hanky, I think you did well. The house and particularly the view is spectacular.

-Pegasus

#22 prancing_cow

prancing_cow

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:26 PM

Hey guys and gals....Been in hiding for a few months.Quit my job at wynn las vegas and have been working twice as many hours now but making nice bucks.

Many of you will think I'm insane but......I bought a forclosure here in north vegas and I close in about 12 more days.I need a home to live in and rental prices have been going throgh the roof.
  The home was originally sold for 377k in 2005,Then sold for 454k in 2006.I just bought it from the bank for 250k.The home is 2819sf and has upgraded everything awesome views and even a 3 car garage....So I am buying for about $89 SF.

If i'm way wrong,the home can easily rent for 2k or so a month.

Homes that are priced right here are flying (mostly forclosures)....Looked at about 45-50 homes,all recieved anywhere from 5 to as many as 44 bids.Pending sales on forclosures have tripled in the last 45 days.There are 16 forclosed homes in my development,10 are under contact in the last 30 days.Anything not priced correctly will never sell and will eventually drop hard to more reasonable prices here.

I may be early but 130,000 new jobs here in the next 2 years.I am hoping the price I paid per square foot will be a decent place to buy.Demand should at least stabilize here in las vegas around the $80-$100 Sf level.

I have stayed away from the stock market and have stayed in my CD's I locked in last summer.Hope everyone is making money,it's too stressful to trade these days!

Here is a pic of the home and a pic of my backyard view of mount charleston.....

View Post

the house looks huge.

how do yo know those 130,000 new jobs Las Vegas in the next 2 years will pan out?
Since I got to this board I do not believe in any prediction/study/research done by anybody - nobody knows anything, it seems like they write what they want.
I am not really a Cow, I am a Bull.
I am not really a bull, I am a BEAR .
Share Your Life Moments Here

#23 lucy

lucy

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 417 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:36 PM

Nice, Mr hanky. First and foremost, it is your HOME. Goal was always to buy early and pay off for retirement. When we started counting our homes as investments we got a little crazy. Too illiquid to really count like it like you would savings, brokerage accounts, etc. We redid a Katrina house, who knows what it is "worth", never had it appraised. It's home with a lovely view of the gulf and marsh. Mississippi, not anywhere near the Big Easy
lucy

#24 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:12 PM

Bush says they will take "appropriate steps" to stablize the markets....ARE THEY GOING TO CLOSE THE MARKETS? :rolleyes:

http://www.bloomberg...gh7M&refer=home

No worries...he's on top of it!

View Post

So is Doc. (photo courtesy Sudaca)

BushPhoneCordJPEG.jpg DocPhoneCordJPEG.jpg
Of course I'm caustic!

#25 Drano

Drano

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 23,315 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:16 PM

Anyhoo, I hope I don't have to get exercised on those short putz  :ph34r:

View Post

If what I think is going to happen to oil actually does happen, you might be left with a very short putz. :ph34r:
Of course I'm caustic!

#26 mdporter

mdporter

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:19 PM

This one left a stain

Attached Images

• sc_6.png

The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars, the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth. -- H.L. Mencken

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can ... come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win." - Muhammad Ali

"When plunder has become a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -- Claude Frédéric Bastiat

#27 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:28 PM

Congrads Mr. Hanky! That's funny, one of my best friends is a dealer at the Wynn there in Las Vegas. He's very tired of the trade and plans to quit within the year. At $89/sq-ft that is very reasonable...and it's YOUR HOME. I'm a little green with envy... :)

green_face.jpg
"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" Yogi Berra
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"Don't dig the dialog of denial"
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#28 shorty

shorty

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:30 PM

"We are facing a potential black hole for all financial markets,'' said Neil MacKinnon, chief economist at London-based hedge fund ECU Group, which manages $2 billion in assets. "This is being labeled as perhaps the worst financial and banking crisis since the Great Depression. While that sounds fairly apocalyptic, I think it is a realistic assessment of what is happening at the moment.''

The so- called TED spread increased to 1.58 percentage points today from 0.78 percentage point on Feb. 14. :o

The two-year note's yield fell 14 basis points, or 0.14 percentage point, to 1.48 percent. :o

Demand for the shortest-term government debt pushed the rate on three-month bills down to 1.17 percent, the lowest since June 2004. :o

Cynical Pontificator of Crock Stocktology

Tiger's Wood, Anthony's Weiner, Barney's Frank, Herman's Cain, Harry's Reid, Elliot's Spitzer

#29 shorty

shorty

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:34 PM

heck if Uncle Sam can borrow at 1% mebbe he should grab a quick few $Trillion and try his luck bottom-dongin' some CDO's :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cynical Pontificator of Crock Stocktology

Tiger's Wood, Anthony's Weiner, Barney's Frank, Herman's Cain, Harry's Reid, Elliot's Spitzer

#30 4shzl

4shzl

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:07 PM

Our "friends" on the other side of the pond are just lapping this story up.

I wonder how images like this resonate in Beijing and Riyadh? I mean how stupid do you have to be to keep lending billions to a country that allows this to happen to its citizens seven months before a national election? By this summer, it should painfully obvious that foreign creditors are going to be on the top of nearly every politician's hit list. And why not? These are the folks who provided the wherewithal to keep Wall Street's rip-off artists in business long after they would otherwise have imploded. How much longer before the mandarins in Asia and the oily ones in the GCC decide to cut their losses?
The problem with Californians is that they think that death is optional. -- Aldous Huxley

The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us. -- Paul Valéry

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart