B4 the Bell, Weeeek End Thread

Guest yobob1

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some of us who post here believe that there is a "God." -- theisits

Others believe that there is no "God." - atheists

Then there is a third category. - agnosts

I believe that it is fundamentally impossible to know whether there is a "God". This is the fundamental nature of this world. We are not able and allowed to know the answer to the existential questions we have.

Hi Hat made reference to a HT post on his forum. Doc took offense. HH is bewildered too. Is this subject to appeal?

There's a limit to beating a dead horse, I guess.

IMO, the best approach would have been to put the conspiracy theories on a separate forum.

The problem wasn't so much the content, but rather the persistence of a few in this forum who kept pushing the content after being told where the limits were and that they had gone beyond these limits.

Freedom of the press belongs ot those who own the press. Not happy with limits on this (or any other) site? Start your own.

Some of us who post here believe that there is a "God." -- theisits

Others believe that there is no  "God."  - atheists

Then there is a third category. - agnosts

I believe that it is fundamentally impossible to know whether there is a "God". This is the fundamental nature of this world. We are not able and allowed to know the answer to the existential questions we have.

But does god [if (a) there is one or (B) there is one and we don't know] believe in us????

Terrorism is just another form of war.

We call war inhuman. But little is so human as war. There are not many animal species that so frequently kill members of the same species in such an organized and cruel way as humans do. These inhuman wars are not something new. The history books are full of genocides and slaughters some of which happened thousands of years ago.

War is mostly a form of organized theft. Peoples go to war to rob the other side of land, resources and freedom. The killing and cruelty is an unfortunate side effect.

Russia is fighting the Chechnyans over the Caspian oil. Israel and the Palestinians are fighting for the piece of land between the river Jordan and the Mediterranean see. Nazi germany fought for an empire in Europe. The colonists in America fought and killed the Native Americans to get their land.

As humans, we should always side against the primitive and immoral greed that leads to wars. But we have a huge capacity to mislead ourselves and rationalize. Each side will maintain that it is right and moral to go to war. Once the ghost of war is out of the bottle, feelings of revenge and justice will rationalise further cruelty and killing.

"War is armed robbery writ large."

--Tom Clancy

Hunter the same thought has crossed my mind-the Idiot Princes-"Rabbit out of the Hat" but even in the remote chance it happens nothing will change, nothing-it might re-elect the Prince-but as for terrorism nothing will change. Howl an insightful post! ;)

At this point in time, I doubt AQ is under central control. Debka points to differences over tactics between those more closely aligned with OBL and some regional leaders. It appears that different regional entities have differing views on tactics and goals. Those of sponsoring/harboring nations/entities seem to have quite an impact. IMO,catching OBL would change nothing.

I no longer have a view of God, as I was taught, as some entity that will look out

for me, but I believe that if there is a Universal entity, that I will be judged on

how well I look out for my fellow human beings vs just my self.

There is no proof for any of this, it is simply about what we BELIlVE.

This is the most highly educated forum that I know of, thus I would really like to

hear some other views.  If your perspective is religious, then say so, if it is not,

then say that too.  I just can't stand dodging and slip-siding.

Tell me what you think.  If you think that you need to worry about censorship

from Doc, then that is your problem.

In her book Embraced by the Light, Betty J. Eadie describes a Near Death Experience in which she undergoes a Life Review.

In a Life Review, every act of your life is relived with perfect fidelity -- but with the twist that that you are the recipient rather than the actor. You experience the glow of every compliment and gift and sympathy that you extended ... and the sting of every rebuke, insult and blow that you landed.

In this perfect justice, YOU are the judge of everything that you did, via direct experience of its effects.

If you literally believe this to be true, then there is simply no incentive to abuse anyone. It will all come back to you at full volume, word by word and blow by blow. But there is every incentive to lend a hand to stop abuse and injustice, and to try to ease the pain.

In summary, Sherlock, I regard your belief that you will be judged on how you look out for others as exactly and profoundly correct.

I think the top may well be in, Tuesday's Astro is the sun conjoining Mars and squaring Pluto-THAT is as nasty as it gets...

I see a Moon square Jupiter for Tuesday around 11 am.

Moon square Mars and Moon opposed Pluto Monday evening. I assume that's what you're refering to. Depends how this manifests. Could be a violent act of nature or human violence.

Things get nasty Thursday with Moon conjunct Saturn in the evening (1-2 day window on either side for something tragic or explosive. 911 was 1 day after a Moon conjunct Saturn).

Friday is the big one. Mars square Pluto 12 am would be expected to manifest as violence. There is a Moon conjunct Venus (valuation?) in the afternoon trading hours.

If we haven't already topped out, I would expect that to happen Tuesday.

btw, the following weeks looks dangerous as well.

Doc was right. Hurricanes are boolish:

"One auto anal cyst said investors were betting that automakers will have to send more vehicles to dealerships in Florida, which after sustaining damages from Hurricane Charley is getting ready to tackle Hurricane Frances. Florida is one of the top states for auto sales.

"All it takes is broken glass on a vehicle and then salt water spray to get in the car for an insurance company to total out the vehicle," said Richard Hilgert, anal cyst with Oppenheimer & Co. "That means that the manufacturers are going to have to refill the distribution channel down there."

GM and Ford, which are grappling with high inventories, on Wednesday set targets for fourth-quarter vehicle production in North America that were 6.8 percent and 7.8 percent below year-ago levels, respectively, after weak U.S. sales in August."

Bloodbath in Iraq

Sunday        5 September 2004 

KIRKUK:

At least 49 people were killed, including 20 in a suicide car bomb blast, yesterday in one of the bloodiest days since the new Iraqi government took office, A bomb went off in Kirkuk in front of a police academy as hundreds of trainees and civilians were leaving for the day, turning the street into a mass of bloodied bodies, gutted cars, shards of glass and twisted metal.

The blast left 20 dead and 36 wounded, said Dr Ridha Abdullah, head of the Kirkuk general hospital. "I saw one of my friends killed before my eyes. I couldn't do anything to help him," said Bassem Ali, a student at the academy whose left hand was hurt in the blast.

Rescue services were overwhelmed by the scale of the devastation and some people had to wait for attention sprawled across the academy's steps, which were covered in blood.

http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/Story.asp?A...L&IssueID=27169

Iraq Pipeline Attack to `Greatly Reduce' Oil Exports (Update2)

Sept. 4 (Bloomberg) -- An attack on an oil pipeline near the southern Iraqi city of Basra today will ``greatly reduce'' exports from the country's Persian Gulf oil terminals, said Jabbar al-Leaby, director-general of state-run South Oil Co.

``The attack on the pipeline, an act of sabotage, will greatly reduce exports,'' said al-Leaby in an interview from Basra, southern Iraq's regional capital. The full extent of the damage may not be known for days, he said.

Iraq exports 90 percent of its crude oil from the Persian Gulf ports of Basra and Khor al-Amaya. Repeated sabotage by opponents of the U.S.-led coalition and the Iraqi government have interrupted exports, helping drive oil prices to a record.

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=1...Ob88&refer=home

"The biggest clue -- what defines the Bush presidency? A war based on a Big Lie. What did his "opponent" Kerry say about it? -- That he would have voted for the Iraq war resolution, even KNOWING (as he in fact did know) that there were no WMDs.

I'm sorry, but Kerry is a ringer, a stooge, an accomplice of Bush. He was picked as a loyal placeholder, to go out and throw this "race." There is no "contest."

Hail Emperor Bush -- we who are about to lose, salute you!"

The fun part is the reality of economics---cause and effect relationships.  The world financial system is staggering toward collapse.  Bush will still be in office this time next year, for a variety of reasons(electronic vote fraud, Kerry's handlers throwing the election, the ability of the shadow ghouls to prop the economy for another few months) but it will be the end of the Republican party for a generation.  The misery index will go parabolic(it would do so no matter who is elected), and republicans will be there holding the bag. 

Hillary post 2008 will be installed as a benevolent tyrant as the U.S. empire enters its terminal period.  Does anyone think the dollar can survive through the end of this decade?  I see it in the .30 range, or one-turd its current value by the end of the 00's.  Game over.  The only way the Matrix stays in power in its current iteration is if the U.S. military, with posse comitatus revoked, fires on the masses of miserable, homeless U.S. citizens intent upon destroying the elite still residing in North America.

How do we get inflation/hyperinflation?  My uninformed opinion:  Besides trillion dollar deficits every year, all those dollars around the globe will be coming home to flood the U.S. with currency.  A panic to sell U.S. dollar denominated assets will get underway. Enough currency should be floating around to spark inflation, yes?  No?  At least at first until 30,000 dollars buys a loaf of bread.  Then the deflation arrives.  Peak oil.  Water shortages.  Both spark food shortages.  WWIII.  Not only is the game over, but the game board is set on fire and the game pieces get shoved up the asses of the game's losers in an orgy of scatalogical savagery.  That's my spooky monster story for the week.  We must now work in the garden...in this best of all possible worlds...

Well put.

The illusion that "deficits don't matter" will end. Those countries, who are now accumulating US$ at rapid rates, will change their $ policies when a general economic worldwide recession/depression starts - simply because they will no longer have the surplus savings to send to the US.

GWB stated on the radio, today, Saturday, that the economy is strong and getting stronger. He's repeated that phrase many times as the economy further cools. The last week of August may have been the weakest of the whole summer. Eventually such wrong-headedness about the direction of economy will subject him to ridicule and worse as time goes on.

Archived