Aloha Oy Vey

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when the hurly-burly's done,

when the battle's lost and won...

Both just starting.

The BARE sticks to his uh...er...ummmm.........whatizzit...GUNS!

yeah.

Thatzit.

"GUNS".

Breaking 800 so easily was ominous FUR da boolz.

600 or sew by late May if SNOT sooner.

BETCHA!!!

Stool your new search engine ain't worth a HOOT compared to the OLD one.

Too bad HRFF can't find that quote he wants and posted AGES ago FURom the Durants' HISTORY OF CVILISATION to the effect of what a fearful thing human passion can be, on the grand scale, once aroused.

By the way, I was helping a friend negotiate for a new car this weekend. ("What do you think?" "No, that's way too expensive, you should go look at that Toyota...." I love to play the bad cop and get to freak out the salespeople.)

Anyway, we started at the most expensive dealership to get a feel for prices, and walked away from a deal that would involve my friend getting the 2003 version of the car I bought in 2000 -- for which I paid a thousand bucks more than the price they were asking yesterday -- and I got a very good deal in 2000. Deflation on big-ticket items, no kidding.

Hello Doc, Windy, friends, - just checking in. Have been kidnapped by an insatiable Swedish divorcee and am just coming up for air now. What is afoot? Will have to check the Anals tonight to regroup. Forensic analysis of stock operation tells me that the markets should mosey up into Al Green on Tuesday. Now however we have major PigMen jockeying for preWar positions. Will step aside and let the maniacs figure this out. I will not underestimate the strength and blind committment however of the Al Green Drowning Pool. Once the guns start going off, liquidity should go ballistic. These guys all work and play together.

Hey Turtle. You don't know what the hell you're talking about and I let you post.

There are dozens, hundreds, of people who make this site great. I welcome every single one of them.

Buddha posts every day on my IDS thread. He's welcome here. I love his stuff, and he knows it. If he wants to take a rest, more power to him.

Fart's departure was his choice. I understand it. I was angry as hell about his post. And I let him know. So he chose not to post. His choice not mine. By the way, I did not delete his posts. One of the other moderators did. Unfortunate. I would have left them, but they made a judgement and that was that.

Seems you think I'm the only one who shouldn't be able to say what he feels. Fine. We know where you're coming from.

Twas I who deleted Fart's posts on the graveyard shift without malice.

As I remember the first offending posts was a political rant on MTM. That's a no-no.

Then he got personal. I will delete hateful, slanderous or personal attacks. As for long off-topic posts, I tend to just ignore them. If Doc doesn't agree with me, I'm sure he'll let me know (in private).

Skidd-Hit the offer-Gold is up eight bucks-Asia is a basket case good luck to the stick save she rolled when she had to! Like I said the world is voting with sell tickets wait till Europe opens-Make sure you have intelligent stops-Trade Safe!

Thanks as usual, Brian. I always trade safe- I learned from the best! :lol:

Guest BEARDRECH
When I decided to become a student trader I had to do a huge rethink on where $$ went.  I cycle or use public transport, turn out lights when I leave rooms, handwater the garden, keep telephone calls to a minimum, cook my own food, buy 2nd hand clothing.  My office desk is the kitchen table I ate meals off when I was a teenager 40 yrs ago.  And guess what, IT'S NOT THAT DIFFICULT.  I live simply and happily.  But I also own my own place and have no debt which helps a lot.  Now I'm making money out of trading, hey, I might even have to pay tax this year  :shocked I'm really quite happy to continue with my present lifestyle.  I suppose many students will have gone through a similar situation but as I went straight from school to work it was a new experience for me but certainly not a negative one.  A lot of people might be about to find out how life on a slim budget works but there's nothing wrong with a challenge..

Yes yes yes yes yes!

Same here. And it's been the most liberating and "right" existential decision I've taken in years.

equal to an increase in income is the extinguishing of a stupid desire

brech

Well, the fucutures all sessions chart Doc has put up has taken some of the elation out of what I see in the fucutures. A bloodbath reaction sell-off to the bugles! Elation for the QQQ March 25 strike puts I bought on the little finger at 3;00pm Friday, and a bone chilling shudder for the calamities facing the world. CTV news in Canada just showed a clip of Sodamned, sucking on his Cuban cigar, and laughing maniacly into the camera at the close of his, ahem, statement. The sight of Sodamned laughing like that would chill anyone's bones to ice cubes. I fear for the world as we know it.

Hmmm, stick save when Europe opens? Chart says maybe, and very possible. Now I have to flip through a bunch of different charts. I am hoping that interval chart just swups for a long while, under the pressure of longer time frames, which themselves will be under pressure from longer time frames still trying to rise.

Verrrrrryyyyyyy innntereeeeeeeeeeesstinnnnggg!

One thought that gives solace to continuing down hard is the phenomenal gains that Europe achieved the last few market days. Double or triple the gains seen here! I am hoping for a blitzkrieg of profit taking and fresh short positions dog-piling onto the heap.

I cannot communicate with typed words the effect that video of Sodamned emits to a viewer. Of course, that is his intention, strike fear in the beholders, but if ever anyone needed confirmation of the true depths of insanity and deprevity that posseses that man, that one moment is all you need!

Go Dubya, Sodamned just gave me all I need to know to see how desperately he needs removal from this planet.

Godspeed and pinpoint accuracy to those cruise missiles, please!

And no, I have absolutely no interest in debating the subject here on the boards, so don't even bother responding. :blink:

Will urgency in the financial markets lead to similar behavior on the part of the Administration ass is, now, allegedly happening in it's frantic lobbying efFURts in the venue of the U.N. wonders HRFF?

Nicholas Von Hoffman hASS a simply scathing editorial in the current? ed. of THE NEW YORK OBSERVER about the lies being perpetrated to lead this nation into war and the all-too-numerous and visible slathering lackeys of the press (lackeys to governmental deception and agitprop) exploiting the distortion, half-truth, innuendo and half ASSed ASSertions about, FUR instance/ex.: a connection between El Queada and Saddam/Iraq, to relentlessly goad a naive public, which he describes, quite accurately, ass "sleepwalking into war" and promote their own careers in the process.

No wonder people in D.C. have such contempt FUR the rest of the country! (The BARE has seen it up close and personal, having lived there FUR about three years long ago.)

Von Hoffman then goes on to recount the lies generated by govt about prior conflicts like, say, the obscenity of the Tonkin Gulf Resolution. There was a professor at his lawr skool who was very instrumental in drafting THAT charade, and HRFF always wondered how that fellow managed to live with himself, butt The BARE digresses.

Evidently there's eviDUNCE Nicholas is right. Here's some:

http://www.arabicnews.com/ansub/Daily/Day/...2003031532.html

Meanwhile, in the current ed. of The New Yorker there's excellent commentary about how deeply conflicted the American public is about this looming war. They are ripe prey FUR anyone in power with a determined agenda who will, and are, walking all over them in their indecisiveness, and stooping, allegedly, to unethical means to do so.

Of course, this is, in the great scheme of things, a time-honored vignette.

That doesn't make it any more palatable, or acceptable, but don't tell THAT to those indulging in legerdermain.

What lies are we being told about the true state of the economy?

Archived