Aloha Oy Vey

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Buy on the cannons" my arse.

I knew to short as soon as I read a Rockefeller spewing this strategy.

God help the inhabitants of this planet.

Dr. Strangestool, another Stoolie, will be flattered.

Anyway, I think I've already said this before on Political Stool - war can only be bearish in the present situation. Of course, we will have the obligatory dollar buying and optimistic pronouncements about how well things are going.

War can only further misallocate the resources of the US, assuming other countries still want to play in the US$ world trade system and supply the funds.

Fucuters down 8.60. Are we taking bets on the 3 AM stick save?

I don't watch hockey. But I would not be surprised by a stick save.

I would categorize any potential early am move in medical terms:

"Mrs. Janovski, I can't tell you whether your husband is going to make it tonight, but we would consider his longer term survival unprecedented."

Regards

WH

gotta be quick...why post? I dunno.....

Ike charges, and so does Lance, and so do many others who used to be gratis. The classic case of need for resources vs. need for cash. Looking at a few hundred extra bucks per year; it's probably worth it.

Doc is definitely worth it. Opinions backed by results. I hate it there was so much dissension last time I logged on. Now that futures are down, all is peaceful in Beardom. Or so it would seem...

Wild gyrations for weeks to come, this is what I see. More impressive than a female pole-hugger at a Lower Greenville (Dallas) ti**y bar. Jorma's right - don't get seduced. I'm more inclined to the sidelines than I've been in a long time.

Fed meets, OpEx, war, whathaveyou...lottsa noise for the manipulators to hide behind. By next week, things should be clearer. Looking at only a few hour-type scalps this week, low risk-low reward. Learned from SimpleGuy... make a good trade every month for 25%+, you'll be rich in a year. Too risky at the moment.

From Debka:

"Military Sources: Full-scale US-British offensive against Iraq is scheduled to begin Monday, 24 hours after Azores summit

First stage: Combined bomber-missile strikes against strategic targets, including government centers, military and civilian communications systems, radio and television broadcasting centers, transport hubs.

Preparations wind up Sunday night to fly and parachute ground troops into Iraq from launching bases in and outside Middle East. US 82nd Airborne Division will be flown in from Afghanistan."

If this happens tomorrow night EST then Tuesday is moonshot as bear cubs cover in a self-fulfilling "war rally".

I'm long with a tight stop at 820. Any drop to above 820 is still just a retracement from 790-841.

Archived