Trader burn out......what direction next?

This idiocy pisses me off.

A lot.

Agreed.

Really don't like the direction of this thread today. Let's stick to the market. I'm doing a little thread pruning to get back on topic.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The people have no power. Banksters are just one component - although a major component - of the grand scheme. We are in a calm period, once again. The illusion that the credit crisis has been stabilized and that the economy is recovering is being spun. Remember back in 07' when the credit crisis first began. After the first wave ran it's course, they said that the worst was behind us and that things were stabilizing. Then, but a few months later, things began deteriorating again and the next wave ensued. This has repeated itself since then, repeadetly, with calm periods seperating each wave and each wave being worse than the one before. After this calm has passed, you can bet the next wave will be horriffic and worse than the previous, even though that may be hard to fathom. You can't stop this. Like a bad viral infection, this will run its course and once done, will leave behind an emaciated, battered corpse. Also, factor in the energy crisis which no one seems to talk about anymore. 200 dollar oil will crush us and this is only one component, one head wind, one disaster among many. Prepare yourself!

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_01/se...ref=patrick.net

i keep this chart handy, it reminds me that nothing is new and the same folks in power spin the same fairy tales to new generations.

i am optimistic that we will go through some tough times, but in the end the situation will be better. i am an eternal optimist.

just like they discovered how to utilize oil . some other form of energy will be uncovered. it will happen out of necessity.

subtler laws of nature are being discovered . 100years ago planes were imagination, not telling what the future holds.

dharma

If there ever was a sure fire indicator of a TOP, this is it.

"June 12 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. taxpayers have reaped a 7.4 percent return on the $45 billion used to rescue Citigroup Inc..."

“After making a huge investment, that seems, on the surface, like a reasonable return for taxpayers.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=ac8BxOO7ruXk

No doubt this will end badly for tax payers.

The question is when.

I think .. soon. :ph34r:

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_01/se...ref=patrick.net

i keep this chart handy, it reminds me that nothing is new and the same folks in power spin the same fairy tales to new generations.

i am optimistic that we will go through some tough times, but in the end the situation will be better. i am an eternal optimist.

just like they discovered how to utilize oil . some other form of energy will be uncovered. it will happen out of necessity.

subtler laws of nature are being discovered . 100years ago planes were imagination, not telling what the future holds.

dharma

I can't fault you for being an eternal optimist, but the problems hovering above like a black cloud are numerous. The energy crisis is just but one of many head winds facing our economy. As of right now, there is no viable replacement for oil as a source of energy. Not saying there can't be, but I don't think there is enough time to find one and then impliment it. We are extremely dependent on oil not only for energy, but oil is used for and in almost everything. Also factor in the government debt problem and entitlement programs like social security and medicare, which cannot be paid for without causing major problems to the economy. And then the derivatives that are still waiting to go off! I think I will stop there because I am getting depressed. Anyway, I seriously hope you are right and I am wrong. I have seen that chart you linked to many times. Yes, really, there is nothing new under the sun, but that illustration shows the power folks spinning positive when things were deteriorating; aren't they doing that to some degree today with this green shoots stuff? That is if you think the "recovery" is not for real.

Random thought about leverage..

If Madoff invented $65 billion of assets, and investors used that as collateral for 80% LVR donging of other assets, then that would total to a $325 billion system goose, based on an underlying performance bond worth $0.

To what extent then is the overall market pumped by leverage based on non-recoverable or non-existent assets?

It's amazing how fast technology has progressed in the past twenty years! It only makes one wonder where it will be in the next twenty.

They are becoming even smaller:

smallest rfid chip

If you take the last 150 years of humanity and take a random year (N) and then compare it with N+20 the world at those 2 points is completely, COMPLETELY different.

If there ever was a sure fire indicator of a TOP, this is it.

"June 12 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. taxpayers have reaped a 7.4 percent return on the $45 billion used to rescue Citigroup Inc..."

“After making a huge investment, that seems, on the surface, like a reasonable return for taxpayers.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=ac8BxOO7ruXk

No doubt this will end badly for tax payers.

The question is when.

I think .. soon. :ph34r:

In 0% environment the savers are paying for everybody, including Citi. In the last 5 months the coffers of all large banks are slowly filled by the interest spread. Those are money from your 401k plan, not the direct treasury expenditure.

One day I will expand this in my blog.

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

Dear Rationalize,

exactly! the usa equity markets are completely supported by a phoney credit system that will collapse, IF CONFIDENCE IN THE CREDIT SYSTEM COLLAPSES.

This is the major point of Mr. Armstrong's work, which, in jickiss speak goes like this: you do not know the real value of anything until confidence collapses.

then, only gold and silver retain real value.

ok, jick, give an example. easy. take the Kali Pension Plan. As long as more money is contirbuted than is paid out, there really is no problem. everybody is confident, and they start to ask for more, and, confidently, the trustees and even the public agree. the problem hits when less money is paid in, on a weekly cash basis, than is extracted in pension checks....you know, the $40,000 to $200,000 per year pensions now being paid to the retired whatevers....

when the so called baby boomers start getting these checks, if confidence is dropping, then you will see the effect of the phoney credit system now in place; namely, so called Assets of the Kali Pension Plan, which are merely Financial Assets, will be sold to raise CASH. As sales depress prices, confidence falls. As confidence falls, then a "Depressing Mind-Set" takes hold. Then, velocity of money drops. then, implosion of the system takes over. (Kali Pension plan is used here to provide an System Wide USA example, not to beat on any directly Involved). Does Kali system own any Gold or Silver???? Of course not!

let your jickiss say all this differently: Mr. Henry Ford figured out how to build cars, and, even better, how to pay high wages to them that built the cars. This changed the entire United States. Then, after the depression did not get better, the Second Great War enabled the day to be saved, so to say. Naturally, in hind-sight, it all looked easy, but it was not. anyway, Mr. Ford did more to win the War than just about anyone, for the reason that he figured out how to take raw materials, as delivered to the front of the plant, and turn these same into aircraft that would actually fly to meet the "enemies."

now, recently, this same Ford Company has pledged all of its lands and assets to the Bonks, to keep afloat. The key insiders are not Morons, and have taken out plenty, enough to keep the wolf from

Their doors. The firm will, of course, have to fail. Are these kinds of Failure Events due to Cycles, as Mr. Armstrong seems to suggest? or, is there a Darker Cause?

Millions are, tonight, Afraid. They do not know why. your jickiss will now tell you. it is easy to understand. When strong and accepted Leadership is present, men are not afraid. When no effective Leadership is present, men are (with justification) afraid. The lean years, (at best) are now upon the United States.....and where are the stores of "grain," you may ask? well, in the days of Confidence, there was no need. then, poof, enter the Night Season, and it seems that no man can work, or, at least, no man can now work fast enought to produce in short order all that was failed to be stored when to so do would have been an easy task.

Of course, the real Issue (forbidded to be mentioned here) is simple: Are these effects, now being witnessed and now making virtually all quite Afraid, due to cycles, or to a darker Cause? Hope Muntz said that "The hands of the King are the hands of a Healer." Notice how the United States has no King?

your jickiss could go on, but there would be -0- point. in fact, maybe this is the point, for what is needed is -0- point energy, as Earl depletes....yeah, we all know that "they have it" but they will wait until the very last moment, as it is too soon for a new cycle up, Mr. Armstrong said.

Never give in!

jickiss!!!!!!!

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

Dear psyche doctor,

for every effect, there is a cause.

back in college, your jickiss began to believe in "Determinism"

it seems, again, thimking in terms of Economics, that "Determinism" is the way of thinking of the East.

"Freedom," as the opposite of Determinism, is the way of thinking of the West.

The West is Failing for the reason that the West is turning its Back on the very idea that made it dominant.

Determinism will be the way to a global population of 200,000,000.

Determinism is now in motion, and the why should be Obvious.

jickiss!!!!!!!

I am a shrink. I would never diagnose someone as having a mental illness just because they believe the Bible to be literally true. Numerous people believe this and it falls within the range of normal beliefs in this culture. However, something that is also common and normal in U.S. culture, is for people, when discussing religion or politics, to believe that the other folks who see it differently are foaming at the mouth crazy. Go figure.

I'd like to express once again my sincere appreciation for your continual wise, kind, and genuinely helpful comments, the tone of which make this board a much better place. We are indeed fortunate to have you here. Many of us here freak out from time to time, our often unpredictable and painful equity drawdowns as well as our euphoric winning runs can put us temporarily in Crazy Eddie mode. It sure helps to have someone around with a mature balanced perspective and good judgment.

I am a shrink. I would never diagnose someone as having a mental illness just because they believe the Bible to be literally true. Numerous people believe this and it falls within the range of normal beliefs in this culture. However, something that is also common and normal in U.S. culture, is for people, when discussing religion or politics, to believe that the other folks who see it differently are foaming at the mouth crazy. Go figure.

By the way I believe the Bible is literally true, and that doesn't mean I'm insane.

I'm insane for several other reasons. :mellow:

For example being strung out on full margin, bucknaked 430 calls on GooG :ph34r: common. :blink:

That alone is enough to make me kookoo fer cocoa puffs.

post-2457-1245048459.jpg

Archived