Everyone shaken out....Shorts AND longs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I unloaded 66% of my position I was holding for the last 2 weeks.A low float POS that is giving me a friggin ulcer.I was heavily on margarine to boot.

Decent profit,but coulda done better if I was not so stupid :lol:

I see alot of the secondaries and low floaters breaking their syndicate bids.They were all working last month,now....not so much :huh:

:unsure:

The shaking isn't going to work much longer

with these end of the day ramp jobs.

Even slow learners like me can see them coming

a mile away. When you run the same play

in football too many times in a row pretty soon

the defense knows its coming. One of these

days very soon the dip buyers are going to get steamrolled

when the last hour assblast turns into a last hour

ass whoopin. Maybe not today or tomorrow but

some negative divergences are appearing.BWTFDIK

I see alot of the secondaries and low floaters breaking their syndicate bids.They were all working last month,now....not so much :huh:

Here is an example.....

TCAP Secondary issued at $10.75,never traded close since it was issued.Dropped a big turd today on volume.

I was offered this deal and turned it down luckily,but I did buy after the offering and ended up bailing at break even a few days later.Starting to see alot of these breaking down now.

post-404-1244666340.png

You guys who trade day in and out, what connection speed do you recommend? I have several choices: 1.5, 7, 12, and 20 Mbps. I can get 20 but is it overkill?

I run alot of charts, multiple monitors, computers etc. and my connection runs at around 7.5 and it is just fine. I would think 20 would be overkill unless you intend on downloading 5 movies at a time.

More 0's needed now. There is enough cause to get up to 980, but we need stopping points to kick in on the bar chart from June 2, June 5 and today and then steel I-beams at the recent lows and the big kahoona in the 880's. We could be here for months as Mr. G continues to prop it up without earnings.

post-326-1244668439_thumb.png

I don't have an hourly PnF chart to scope it down a bit further, but one thing about sideways cause is that it can be broken up into phases. In the prior cause using the 900 row it appears there could be two phases. A 5 count and a 3 count. The 5 count projected to 949.99 and may leave the 3 count unused.

Be nice to see a failure right here.

post-326-1244668976_thumb.png

Experienced traders are saying that the pivot points, at the support and resistance levels that traders pay attention to, are being gamed big time by the investment banks here.

They use their big bucks to push the market to the point where the algorithms change. The program trading systems that were on the opposite side then get reversed and kick in going in the other direction. E.g. you use big bucks to force the market up from support or down from resistance, even though it would not have naturally gone there on its own. Thus you get things like the 8 minute rally, like on Monday, that takes the Dow from minus 80 to plus 50.

In a normal market, where there's plenty of volume and a normal ebb and flow of activity, algorithmic trading isn't that important. However, when major investment banks - loaded with trillions of dollars in government funds - play the game in a low volume environment, well here we are.

That may be why we have fewer posters here. Unless you are as quick and nimble as KW, it's too difficult to trade in this environment. Certainly it's not a long-term investor's, or even a swing trader's environment. I just am sitting in cash, waiting for volume to return to the market. Once volume is back, there will be more of us capable of participating without losing our shirts.

Experienced traders are saying that the pivot points, at the support and resistance levels that traders pay attention to, are being gamed big time by the investment banks here.

They use their big bucks to push the market to the point where the algorithms change. The program trading systems that were on the opposite side then get reversed and kick in going in the other direction. E.g. you use big bucks to force the market up from support or down from resistance, even though it would not have naturally gone there on its own. Thus you get things like the 8 minute rally, like on Monday, that takes the Dow from minus 80 to plus 50.

In a normal market, where there's plenty of volume and a normal ebb and flow of activity, algorithmic trading isn't that important. However, when major investment banks - loaded with trillions of dollars in government funds - play the game in a low volume environment, well here we are.

That may be why we have fewer posters here. Unless you are as quick and nimble as KW, it's too difficult to trade in this environment. Certainly it's not a long-term investor's, or even a swing trader's environment. I just am sitting in cash, waiting for volume to return to the market. Once volume is back, there will be more of us capable of participating without losing our shirts.

Just scan the Zero Hedge site. Some of the jargon escapes me and they are stuck in the political/ideological minefield of being against the auto bailouts, for the bondholder holdouts, for the angry dealers.......well, it's a mess. Still they have great info on the massive ETF jamming and general volume domination by the big boys. Essentially GS and JPM. Not to mention the Dark Pools. The new big thing which is off exchange trading so the bid ask doesn't show.

http://zerohedge.blogspot.com/

This whole thing certainly has a black box feel to it. The number of box operators has shrunk, and they are all using the same operations manual. However, Larger Forces are looming and I can see a play where GS runs a double reverse and takes, say, Credit Suisse out to the cleaners. Just an example ...

TARP is the new leverage, and only a few of the Boyz have it. The old levered techniques, when any hedge fund, strawberry picker and multicellular organism could borrow with 5% down, don't work when the money ain't there.

Thus, the constipated market.

Thus, the New Summer Entertainment Zone.

Lee Whee's laughing his head off in Heaven now, I'm sure ... :(

The market is much more volatile over shorter time periods.

If you graphed the volatility of several time periods (standard deviation of price move, not options IV, divided by a time component), you'd get something that looked like a yield curve, with a vol quantity on the y-axis and a log date scale on the x-axis.

And if you graphed 3 different curves from the past 3 months (as you sometimes see done with yields by overlaying yield curves from different dates), you'd find that the curve is flattening: intraday volatility ('the short end') is more or less as wild as it was in March, but further out the market has settled way down (and now over 8 days has gone almost nowhere).

Not a dead calm but a choppy one.

I'd guess this would be a hallmark of big money pushing the market around.

Wait, about four people just said that while I was typing. :blink:

Just scan the Zero Hedge site. Some of the jargon escapes me and they are stuck in the political/ideological minefield of being against the auto bailouts, for the bondholder holdouts, for the angry dealers.......well, it's a mess. Still they have great info on the massive ETF jamming and general volume domination by the big boys. Essentially GS and JPM. Not to mention the Dark Pools. The new big thing which is off exchange trading so the bid ask doesn't show.

http://zerohedge.blogspot.com/

Site to help people read zerohedge: ;)

https://self-evident.org/

Archived