Did it or dint it?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got pretty lucky today,my first daytrade in awhile was sucessful for a decent scalp although it was looking kinda ugly for a bit.Happy to dump it since it tanked minutes after I bailed :o .

My one long position I have been holding for the last few weeks was only down 3 cents,so I was lucky all around .

I really hate intraday scalp trades,Not as fun as it used to be :lol:

When spot gold really took off to the downside this afternoon, I bailed on most of my gold stocks to lock in profits. Looks like I may take losses on my June S&P 500 insurance puts unless we get a real downdraft soon. At least now I have some dry powder for later deployment. As was mentioned elsewhere, trying to be an investor in this environment seems to be synonymous with being a sucker. The idea of maintaining a core position seems to be more and more counterproductive with all this volatility. blink.gif

I got pretty lucky today,my first daytrade in awile was sucessful for a decent scalp although it was looking kinda ugly for a bit.Happy to dump it since it tanked minutes after I bailed :o .

My one long position I have been holding for the last few weeks was only down 3 cents,so I was lucky all around .

I really hate intraday scalp trades,Not as fun as it used to be :lol:

I live for the stuff. Exciting scalping those futures!!!!

From Ordering Steak and Lobster, to Serving It

Carlos Araya used to order lobster, filet mignon and $200 bottles of red wine at the Palm Restaurant in midtown Manhattan.

Now, he seats customers.

Mr. Araya, 38 years old, lost his job in 2007 as a crude earl trader on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

After visiting dozens of headhunters with no luck, he applied in August 2008 to be a host at the Palm to support his wife, two young daughters and mrotgouge PAYments. His salary has plunged from $200,000 to $25,000.

Last month, for the first time, the Arayas didn't make a mrotgouge PAYment. Their savings are almost depleted. The mrotgouge, taxes and fees for the family's CONdo cost $6,200. Combined, he and Denise bring in $4,000 a month. :mellow:

lemme clearify

I meanta say that I personally believe like such as the Dow and S&P 500 will goto new lows together this year not that there's anything wrong with that, no offense to anybuddies out there butt for me, and my portfolio, I ain't gonna grab no fraudex dongs

I'm not so sure we'll see a big correction until this fall. The government is supporting the banks and stocks appear to follow them.

The government and the banks appear to want inflation come hell or high water. I guess that means everything here is up for sale to the world. If so, then why have bank stocks be sold cheap. Mr. G might just want to screw the world with high bank stock prices.

Trade commodities.

and there's always another gap to fill. When we start constantly filling the ones below without a big reaction we've made the turn.

I should add that if we start filling gaps below, but leave gaps above unfilled we've made the turn. Today, day one gap above unfilled.

Even Tim Geithner can't sell his house

Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner is struggling to unload his million-dollar manse located in a posh New York City suburb. And like so many other Americans, he'll probably lose money on it when he does.

He's renting out his home in a tony New York suburb to former members of a grunge band and their girlfriends, after the property went unsold for months.

The Geithners paid a premium for the house when they bought it in 2004, plunking down $1.601 million after a bidding war. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, home prices have plummeted 32.2% nationwide since the height of the housing bubble in July 2006 according to Case-Shiller. And millions of other homoaners who bought at the top of the market now find themselves unable to sell or refinance their way out of ball crushing monthly housing payments.

In April, home sales sank 36% year-over-year in New York's Westchester County, according to the New York State Association of Realtors. But many homoaners are still refusing to lowering their prices, said Miriam Bernstein, an associate broker at RE/MAX Prime Properties in Scarsdale, N.Y., instead trying to rent out their homes while they wait for housing prices to bounce back. "Eventually, these people sitting on the sidelines are going to have to sell."

post-2457-1244080370.jpg

Lifeline for Bears - Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Wednesday, June 3, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The market’s sudden stall on Wednesday gave the bears, if not a new lease on life, at least a lifeline, a potential sign that the 6 month cycle may finally be topping out. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

I live for the stuff. Exciting scalping those futures!!!!

My nerves are too shot to daytrade like that everyday....It's exciting when you make money,totally sucks when you don't.

I better learn to deal with it,it's the only job I got these days! :lol:

Archived