Glossary Part 3

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeMartini is a former chairman of Nasdaq Stock Market ... vice chairman of the National Association of Securities Dealers, and joined Bank of America after 26 years at Morgan Stanley ... is also one of Bank of America's highest-paid employees, making more than $7 million in salary, bonus, restricted stock and other compensation in 2002.

Obviously, he's the 'made man' of the Matrix at B of A.

You don't mess with those guys, who represent what my Japanese friend calls the "black world" of high finance.

Had to close a few SEP XAU calls I held since 89's, missed the top but made $. Kept my longer term calls. Out of SPX; a week that started out bad turned good.

Tommy OBrien thinks this is a short, low volume upmove, followed by the real down move. Now that Doc's back, I'll need to check Stooltrading for the Answer to This Question. In that I have to take some cash out my trading account to fund one of my other projects (I don't borrow any more, even at 0%, btw), it really is roullette spin which day next week I do this.

My gut feeling is that the next move in XAU, on a percentage basis, will exceed that of any SPX down move, and I'm not in the mood to short any individual stocks at the moment. If there is follow-through down on XAU monday, I'll add to positions and let the SPX do what it will. Otherwise, I think I'll stay put with what I've got. Remember, next week is OPEX and FOMC.

When I read this article, the first thing that I thought was that these guys were going to get the POG down to $368. A message within a message. I guess it's my own gold conspiracy theory. :)

JP Morgan's annual average price forecast for 2003 was raised 6.5 per cent to $362 a troy ounce, while its estimate for 2004 was increased to $376 an ounce from $335 and in 2005 to $368 from $345.Click Here

If anyone can "mess" w 'em, it's probably Spitzer and the awesome power of his office.

It will be interesting to see how far this carries.

And the men who hold high places,

Must be the ones to start

To forge a new reality,

Closer to the heart.

Closer to the heart.

Closer.....TO the heart!

"I'm still holding a sizable chunk of shares on margin, and I'll only sell what I have to if I get called.

I also think the biggest move is dead ahead. Ordinary thinks that the monthly candle on the XAU is going to be a giant, white, high volume affair which will prove the long term breakout.

September is the best seasonal month for gold.

No guts, no glory......"

I'm with you, loaded up on margin with BGO, CDE, GSS, HL, & (KRY :cry: )

New 13 day cycle begins Tuesday, most likely.

[/quote=]I'm still holding a sizable chunk of shares on margin, and I'll only sell what I have to if I get called.

I also think the biggest move is dead ahead. Ordinary thinks that the monthly candle on the XAU is going to be a giant, white, high volume affair which will prove the long term breakout.

September is the best seasonal month for gold.

No guts, no glory......

I'm with you, loaded up on margin with BGO, CDE, GSS, HL, & (KRY :cry: )

New 13 day cycle begins Tuesday, most likely.

Call me a whimp....I don't have the stomach to margin ANYTHING.....

Noland's commentary tonight contained the same, tired old expressions:

"It was one more unsettled week for global financial markets"

"This is an extraordinary, fascinating, historic period for Credit Bubble analysis."

"Federal debt issuance was extraordinary during the quarter"

"The financial sector continues to expand aggressively."

"The world is being inundated with dollar liquidity."

"Continued explosion in derivative growth is a peculiarity of contemporary finance and its out of control Credit Bubble'

"The Productivity miracle has gone ?parabolic.?

"What is admittedly not clear is the duration of this fateful blow-off phase."

"We have been watching repeated blow-offs"

Its happens around this time, when people have just stopped listening to the Naysayers.

Who reads Comstock's commentary anymore?

Nobody.

Who reads Fleck's repeated tech stock warnings?

Nobody.

Who reads Elliott Wave International's gloom and doom reports?

Nobody.

Who looks for Doc's downside targets in his commentary?

Nobody.

How many left here in Mark to Market?

I only see about 5 guys on line now.

When will the Bubble pop?

Very soon.

What happens next?

An even Bigger Bubble, the Biggest of All Time.

And what would that be?

Gold. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived