B4 The Bell Humpday 3

America will get exactly what it deserves. It will not be what America expects.

We have a dry drunk with a room temperature IQ at the helm. Behind him are the neocons who are warped beyond belief.

I find myself hesitating to write what I truly feel. Freedom is dead.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
---It is a sorry fact of human history that people forget how terrible war is, and have to experience it first hand to understand that it is something that should be avoided.

Referring to the quote above, the decision has been made. I will accept it, make my plans accordingly, and execute them in a cold and calculating manner.

Having a trained military mind, I know how to salute and execute. At this point, my opinion is not an issue.

Extinguish the thousand points of light, battle is best done under the cover of darkness.

Welcome to the New World Order.

Excellent and profound!

"The time to take counsel of your fears is before you make an important battle decision. That's the time to listen to every fear you can imagine! When you have collected all the facts and fears and made your decision, turn off all your fears and go ahead!"

~General George S. Patton

It is a sorry fact of human history that people forget how terrible war is, and have to experience it first hand to understant that it is something that should be avoided.

How unfortunate that President Bush not only never took counsel of his own fears, but is such a one dimensional thinker, he never thought to have any in the first place.

As for people "forgetting" about the horrors of war...how would they come to learn about the horrors of war?

A high percentage of people who voted were not around to remember the horrors of the Vietnam War, whether in person or on the nightly newscasts, which at the time showed the horrors of war in GRAPHIC AND GRIZZLY DETAIL.

The news media themselves are directly responsible for a vote that favors war. When you hide the truth of war from the people charged with the responsibility to approve or disapprove of it, you are directly responsible for determining the outcome.

Had the horrors of 9/11 not been televised live, in graphic detail, would the country have responded as they did? If you had not seen the video repeatedly of the planes flying into the building and the humanity leaping to their deaths, would those nightmares you had about those realities have seemed so visceral and real to you?

Images mean everything. Have you seen a close up of brains splattered or limbs blown off?

No?

Well neither have all of those sheep who voted to endorse war.

Come to Canada, dude.  Haven't met a single Bush supporter here ever.  I suspect that to be the case in every other country on our little planet.

Canada is a fine place.

But it is going to have a long row to hoe, resisting increasingly unilateral U.S. behavior.

That will be a recipe for years of frustration in response to ever more provocative US actions. :(

KP-

We do not have the financial resources to fight these wars. What happens when the Chinese pull the plug?  What happens when we just plain run out of money.

China will not oppose us. Colon Powell pulled a Neville Chamberlain last week:

"On Monday, Powell said Taiwan was not independent and spoke of eventual reunification with China, departing from the usual U.S. practice of urging both sides to resolve their differences without taking any stance on what the resolution should be."

See LINK

We each individually have to make our own plans based on our own situation. financially, that may be by investing in foreign bonds/markets, etc. Or moving to Canada. :lol:

Your plan, based on what is happening, not what we wish were happening.

I really want to get out, but my wife refuses to spend the winter back in Canada. :lol:

For those of you in foreign outposts like Canada, New York, and California, in order to understand this country, you need to take a ride on the back roads of central and north Florida, or Indiana, or Kansas. There's an ocean of inbred stupidity and xenophobia out there. The 11 states voting to outlaw gay marriage is one thing, but they also voted to deny legal recognition to OPPOSITE SEX civil unions. The US is a nation of cave dwelling religious zealots and mystics. Clearly the theory of evolution is wrong. This proves it.

I don't want to understand it.

I don't want to engage it.

I don't want to organize against it

I just want to leave it.

I don't know my countrymen.

I don't recognize my country.

Country?

Personally, I'd like to return to my home planet. <_< :(

Come to Canada, dude. Haven't met a single Bush supporter here ever. I suspect that to be the case in every other country on our little planet.

I hear it is very difficult to get work papers. I'd fornicateing move there in a heartbeat. Like tomorrow.

Hell, I'll take whatever I can carry and do so today.

I really want to get out, but my wife refuses to spend the winter back in Canada. :lol: 

For those of you in foreign outposts like Canada, New York, and California, in order to understand this country, you need to take a ride on the back roads of central and north Florida, or Indiana, or Kansas.  There's an ocean of inbred stupidity and xenophobia out there. The 11 states voting to outlaw gay marriage is one thing, but they also voted to deny legal recognition to OPPOSITE SEX civil unions.  The US is a nation of cave dwelling religious zealots and mystics.  Clearly the theory of evolution is wrong. This proves it.

I don't want to understand it.

I don't want to engage it.

I don't want to organize against it

I just want to leave it.

And "they" want you to leave it too.

How did we get here?

cacooning to avoid being killed by terrorists and getting fatter by the day.

That's so funny. I wonder when the reality will hit them that they live in Des Moines and not North Belfast or the Gaza strip.

It must be about a million times more likely for them to get shot by a neighbour who's jealous that they're driving a new ostentatious/vulgar car.

Archived