Weak-end thread June 4-6.

what are the "members" gonna do with all that stock? SELL IT. If they're trying to somehow jumpstart a rally to sell into, they're doing a piss poor job. The low volume environment says the market is cynical. Look at the volume for the first week of June in prior years. This is not summer doldrums time.

mjkst27, I suspect they are in fact trying to start a rally to sell into - tough going so far. Thus all the puts.

Of course, who did they buy the puts from? And wouldn't whoever sold them the puts want to hedge THAT position? How - shorting the futures? It's a never ending pile of shite. If the market drops from here, who is finally liable for all that insurance? It's mind boggling to my little 386 powered brain.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pee- This thread was set up for free discussion with the only proviso being respect for ones opinion. For you to say anti Shrub and anti War opinions expressed by members of this thread are selfish-is nonsense and not respectful. Feel free to express pro Shrub and pro war opinions and we won't consider you selfish and we will respect your opinion-but oh boy will you get debated. ;)

Someone really put their money where their mouth is Cubes July 29 put QAVSC-volume 116,980 on Friday-if the market does what we expect it to do-They will do very well-won't THEY!

From BigCharts:

QAVSC

119,986.00 (VOLUME)

5,281.00 (OPEN INTEREST)

So closing open interest is only 5,281. Huge volume on Friday though. Closing positions? Trading for the nickel? Of course BigCharts has been wrong before on open interest, so -- I dunno.

this is a great site and i know im free to "get lost" immediately if i dont like things, but the constant political/anti-bush/anti-war postings are really selfish.

BTW, to the chagrin of my children, i wear my CS t-shirt and sweat shirts and ocassionally a barrista at SBUX will comment and eventually i identify Wimpy for them.... to this day, not one the many counter people even knew who Greenspan is/was? they just kinda have a blankstare? :blink:

Pee:

Please stick around buddy...I've always valued your input.

I know this may seem difficult to believe, but I really don't have a political bent. I post a lot of stuff that has implications which are among many other things, political, but my primary concern is the Constitution of the United States of America...and Truth.

I think we are all entitled to make educated choices about investing and about life based on the Truth. Many of the articles I have come across may contain factual inaccuracies (I really don't know), but I do know that we are lied to by the powers that be on a daily basis, and I think I do a service to others by uncovering facts that contradict the disinformation...and allow you to decide where your own loyalties lie. Mine simply lie with the truth.

Who would be pro-war?

When I saw Cheney on Meet The Press prior to the war and he proclaimed unequivocally that Saddam posed a NUCLEAR THREAT to the west, I thought to my self "these guys are making increasingly wilder claims, and there is no way they are going to back away from attacking Iraq, no matter what."

If you recall the lead up to war, we were moving men and material into position for months. Whether it is this war or any other war, it occurs to me that once the troops start to prepare for battle and the commitment of resources has been made, there seems to be no way to pull back from the brink as the rhetoric continues to escalate. It's a male testosterone thing...and I hate it.

I was duped about the WMD claim and the nuclear capabilities claim...and frankly, it just pisses me off. I don't really care what "party" someone belongs to, if they lie to me, they're a liar.

I choose to move forward with my eyes wide open. Do a Google News Search for "Cheney" and see what results the first couple pages deliver to you. For an administration with masterful control of the media, something must stink pretty bad to return so many negative stories on what I presume to be a neutral news seach site.

Perhaps our entire Naval Fleet is off to sea purely for "exercises", but if a month from now we find ourselves in the midst of a new and different war, be it Iran, Syria, South Africa or elsewhere, at least you will have had some indication that something unexpected may occur.

The governmnet is lying about Mad Cow, Lying about Bird Flu, Lying about jobs growth, Lying about the actual rate of inflation and any number of other things. Why sit back and be lied to when the truth is available for those who care to seek it out? This is not about politics at all. This is about the right of your children to live in a country that values the Bill of Rights, whose leaders do not either commit or encourage Treasonous acts...a place where the truth matters.

Don't confuse Anti-Liar with politics. I am Anti-Liar.

I just came up with the same as End. Is open interest a day delayed or something? Will we not know Friday's open interest till Monday night?

Edit: next time I'll check elsewhere before posting option info from BigCharts. Sorry.

I just came up with the same as End. Is open interest a day delayed or something? Will we not know Friday's open interest till Monday night?

Edit: next time I'll check elsewhere before posting option info from BigCharts. Sorry.

Open interest is a day delayed. We should see open interest at Mon. open.

Archived