B4 The Bell, Thursday September 2

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pee Brain........i dunno.......he's been on that theme with Silver, for a couple of months...........i think his old eyes watch too many balls bouncing.

Pretty insightful guy generally though.

HiHat,

where does "Z" post?

machine said:
is an illusion erected on an illusion

which calls to mind the old Churchillism vis a' vis Russia: " A riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma". . .

ergo, to witten:

"a mirage propped by fantasy inside a delusion"

Which brings to mind another fine, dark, bearish Churchillian image, delivered in the House of Commons in 1938:

I have watched this famous Island descending incontinently, fecklessly, the stairway which leads to a dark gulf. It is a fine broad stairway at the beginning but after a bit the carpet ends. A little farther on, there are only flagstones, a little farther on still, these flagstones break beneath your feet.

If mortal catastrophe should overtake the British Nation, historians a thousand years hence will never understand how it was that the victorious nation suffered themselves to cast away all that they had gained by measureless sacrifice. Now the victors are vanquished and those who threw down their arms are striding on to world mastery.

Et tu, Sir Al?

Three Year Anals subscriber and big time bear but must disagree with most on this board. Do you really think things are/will be any different if Kerry is President? I really don't think so. It is a fact that the economy goes in business cycles independent of who is in White House.

Problem with Kerry is he can't decide what he believes in and what he doesn't. At least with Bush you know what you are getting! If you believe that Kerry and fellow Democrats are not as addicted to Power and Control as Bush and Republicans you are being terribly naive.

Greenspan and company are a much larger threat to this once great country than any politician ever can or will be.

Three Year Anals subscriber and big time bear but must disagree with most on this board. Do you really think things are/will be any different if Kerry is President? I really don't think so. It is a fact that the economy goes in business cycles independent of who is in White House.

Problem with Kerry is he can't decide what he believes in and what he doesn't. At least with Bush you know what you are getting! If you believe that Kerry and fellow Democrats are not as addicted to Power and Control as Bush and Republicans you are being terribly naive.

Greenspan and company are a much larger threat to this once great country than any politician ever can or will be.

And who do you think Greenspan works for?

I know what I'm getting with Bush, and my sphincter can't take it any more.

Archived