B4 The Bell Frieday September 17

Hiding Bear

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you Yobob.  To all "pro-lifers" - I think each of you should declare your willingness to adopt an HIV positive baby from its 14 year old Mississippi mother, raise him and put him through college.

Wow, what a giant oversimplification of the issue. Why don't we kill all the mentally retarded babies then? They are certainly a drain on society. What if its an 18 year old girl, can the baby live then? What about other diseases? Maybe genetic testing or manipulation is the answer? What about unwanted healthy babies?

The issue for me is that we really don't know when life begins. We do not have the means to answer that question yet. We also have the know how to prevent most of these unwanted pregnancies. Given these facts, we are morally obligated to err on the side of caution and favor the lives of the unborn.

The time to choose is prior to sexual intercourse. Post pregnancy choice is, in most cases, an obfuscation of responsibility. Not acceptable IMO.

Unfortunately those who are most responsible for the unwanted pregnancies are lucky if they can tie their own shoes and could really give a $hit about mainstream society.

Yesterday we were talking about the 'zombie T-note' and a possible test of 4% yield.

I'd like to quote from the "Non-technical summary" of Benny Bernanke's new paper, which is FULL of references to "nonstandard policies":

We also find evidence ... that asset purchases in large volume by a central bank would be able to affect the price or yield of the targeted asset. [DUH ...]

Three recent episodes provide important insights: (1) the Treasury's announcements of "debt buybacks" that followed the emergence of budget surpluses in the late 1990s; (2) the massive official purchases of U.S. Treasury securities over the past two years; and (3) the apparent belief among market participants in 2003 that the Federal Reserve was actively considering targeted purchases of Treasury securities as an anti-deflationary measure.

Analyses ... suggest ... significant effects on their yields.

It doesn't seem to have entered Benny's mottled, multi-lobed reptilian mind that if you hold the beach ball (the T-note yield) underwater, eventually it will pop up and go too high.

Or maybe that subversive thought HAS occurred to young Benny, and he just ain't lettin' on. :o

A Ponzi promoter always gotta stay one step ahead of the suckers. ;)

The difference between Clinton, whom I detest, and this gang, is that Clinton's lies were for the purpose of obstructing justice in private lawsuits and white collar criminal matters. This gang's lies are for the purpose of propaganda, public brainwashing and mind control. These are the tactics of Fascist and Communist regimes.

The goal is to bring an end to the republic and install one party rule. In my opinion, because they have gained control of the state legislatures and the courts, they control the electoral process. The public is simply too disinterested, too stupid, or too committed to bullying the rest of us still capable of independent thought, that the battle is lost.

Eventually, as the system continues to decay and the foundation of lies disintegrates, it will collapse into disorder and disarray. Between now and then lies a long and painful decline. It behooves any thinking American to plan for the future accordingly.

Right on Doc.

It is really to bad that few are taking care of the claws and teeth while

Kerry kicks a tigers ass.

Morning Crew- I expect today to be one way, once the trend establishes itself we are going for a rocket ride which I suspect will be down. a window opens at the Bell and runs for 90 minutes. Now as to discourse I believe we can agree to disagree with respect and yes debate sometimes gets heated it is the nature of the Beast. Sleddy and Bearman we still luvs ya Baby! ;)

Sealed Air (SEE) warns this morning taking earnings down to $2.60-2.70 from 2.80 - 2.90.

SEE makes bubble wrap and other packaging materials. They claim the shortfall is due to a 90% reduction in beef exports. I say BS. Beef isn't ten percent of their business and no corraborating evidemce can be found in the major beef processors or packaging comps.

This is the kind of warning that reinforces my view that the economy is slowing down rapidly. SEE makes their money off high-end packaging; static protected bubble wraps and foams that protect high-end tvs, computers, furniture etc. If they aren't manufacturing then they don't nedd packaging.

thanks Rog-along with your CLS discussion the other day kinda confirms the logic of it.

man o man, I encurage everyone to think about this statement "Where on this planet is a place for people who just want to live their lives peacefully without a government constantly breathing down their backs and stealing everything they produce? Nowhere to be found."

I share your outrage.

So do I.

My uncle, in from Maine for the holidays, a Harvard law grad from 45 years ago, told me that he expected a civil war in the event that Shrub wins.

Polls show the same pattern as in the last election. Support for Kerry is in New England, the mid Atlantic, the Pacific coast, and a couple of North Central states.

All the rest of the country -- the interior West, the South, the Plains, most of the Midwest -- is for Bush.

A civil war would end up partitioning the U.S. like India was in 1947-- Amerika as a big blob in the center; East Clintonstan on the NY-Boston axis; West Clintonstan on the Seattle-L.A. axis.

The isolated Peoples Republic of Minnesota prolly would have to join Manitoba or something ... :( :unsure: :blink:

The funny thing is and this is proven the two mightiest engines of the US economy come from East and West "Clintonstan". The rest of the country just lives off the scraps from those tables.

Archived