B4 The Bell, Frieday, Jan 30

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, folks.

For those of you watching the SB, moveon.org is organizing a CBS boycott for their refusal to air an anti-shrub ad. To participate, switch to CNN at half-time (where the ad will be aired at 8:10 and 8:35 pm eastern time). Not sure how they know ahead of time when half-time will be :huh:, but that's what the email I received says.

Brian,

I would never short TASR with all those shorts but then again I wouldn't go long on the POS either. Way too many good shorts out there. Having a hard time finding good longs though. Maybe my standards are too high. :P

Kind of like going too the prom, if you lower your standards theres lots of wallflowers available.

Hey, folks.

For those of you watching the SB, moveon.org is organizing a CBS boycott for their refusal to air an anti-shrub ad. To participate, switch to CNN at half-time (where the ad will be aired at 8:10 and 8:35 pm eastern time). Not sure how they know ahead of time when half-time will be :huh:, but that's what the email I received says.

Crap I must have missed it. I came back to the puter at the half and saw your post and switched the channel, but it must have been to late.

It is too bad moveon dropped/pulled the best anti-bush ad though. Story here.

Anyway ...

I am holding onto a set of mining positions laid down last week.

I have turned a leaf and have decided that these new additions are now part of core.

Fark it.

No more day trading these positions.

Here's the idea: this thing goes one of two ways.

1) The US does not defend the dolor and the mounting US trade and budget deficits coninue to weigh on the matter driving the dolor lower and gold higher. This is anlso known as the simple "reverse dolor play". Not much different from the "long the euro" play except that at least with gold your asset is not someone elses liability (as long as you hold physical and to paper claims).

2) The euro and other currency markets decide to lower rates and engage in a policy of 'beggar thy neighbor' competitive currency devaluation. If this happens, hoo-boy, watch gold sky-rocket with repsect to all currencies.

The only play that could impact gold negatively int he near-term is for the CB's to dump what remains of their gold on the open market in one last-ditch effort to drive the price down.

Among others, I will be standing there to buy as much as I can that they are willing to sell at subsidized prices.

For the record, I now have 55% of my net worth in physical (gold and silver).

I'm not goofing around here.

I have lost all faith in paper claims and paper assets.

I am patient.

I am waiting.

My time frame is 10+ years, but I know beyond any reasonable doubt that gold wins in the end.

I have bought physical each and every month starting in Oct 2002.

I might be wrong, but I am not confused.

Archived