Dip Buyers Anonymous

Hi there! I am a real-life crack head. As you can see from my avatar, yeah that's a personal photo of yours truly, I have done alot of crack, probably too much. Anyway, the news out on the streets is that Banana Ben might be reducing the supply of crack. Man, when I heard this, I literally sh*t myself, not that it doesn't happen often. Crack messes with all the bodily processes, not just the brain. Sometimes I just can't control myself. Anyway, I've also done my share of dippin. I dip snuff, too. Yeah, my dental problems aint all from crack. Dippin can be quite compulsive. Actually, I justed dipped some fresh Euros around 1.615 and am up already on a crack high. This is only a short-term fix, though. As far as dippin the indexes, man, I am itchin and startin to shake. So far, the ES hasn't fallen below 1044 in globex. It's holdin strong, and if it holds long, I might dong. I am not glamorizing or condoning crack here, but if your gonna have a vice, you might as well roll the dice and dip some dongs and if there aint no crack, grab some glue. I hear lacquer thinner does the trick, too. Git-r-done....

When I saw your new avatar I thought you'd gotten a Capital One credit card... :unsure:

:lol:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’ve Seen This Act Before- Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Thursday, September 24, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit We’ve seen brief periods of weakening before in this uptrend, which turned out to be false starts. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

I don't understand your reasoning. Are you suggesting that the Fed would default? If the MMfs are taking MBS collateral for a guaranteed loan to the Fed, where's the risk? Why would they buy more MBS?
his good?

Sorry - I was kinda garbled. This is what I meant:

MMFs sell their T-Bills and buy Fed paper collateralized with Crap. They dont need any new inflows to do this.

Why is this good?

Perhaps because the amount of over-collateralization demanded by the MMFs will be modest. This would validate the sterling quality of the Crap. eg. If the Fed has to pledge 110 of crap for every 100 of loans - the market may be led to believe that conservatively the crap is worth around 90 cents on the dollar - which would be Salubrious.

After many moons - if they can get the culture of accepting Crap as worth 90 cents - well established - they may be able to actually sell some of the crap outright to pension funds etc - saying "look the MMFs valued it at 90 cents and we'll sell it to you for 88 cents - what a deal!"

The dumb-dummer pension manager may reason that he could buy the Crap for 88 cents and MMFs would lend him 90 cents to finance it - cool heh?

his good?

Sorry - I was kinda garbled. This is what I meant:

MMFs sell their T-Bills and buy Fed paper collateralized with Crap. They dont need any new inflows to do this.

Why is this good?

Perhaps because the amount of over-collateralization demanded by the MMFs will be modest. This would validate the sterling quality of the Crap. eg. If the Fed has to pledge 110 of crap for every 100 of loans - the market may be led to believe that conservatively the crap is worth around 90 cents on the dollar - which would be Salubrious.

After many moons - if they can get the culture of accepting Crap as worth 90 cents - well established - they may be able to actually sell some of the crap outright to pension funds etc - saying "look the MMFs valued it at 90 cents and we'll sell it to you for 88 cents - what a deal!"

The dumb-dummer pension manager may reason that he could buy the Crap for 88 cents and MMFs would lend him 90 cents to finance it - cool heh?

We're talking reamverse repos, yeah?

Well .. who cares what crap the Fed "collateralizes" with .. they'll return the cash. The Fed is a err .. "good" credit.

As for a secondary transaction, I think that just would not happen, for reasons of general sanity.

Archived