The Biggest Government Coverup In History?

TAKEN is Steven Spielberg's take on the subject of ET here on Earth. It's something he's always had a deep interest in and having seen the first four parts of his twenty hour miniseries both Nancy and I feel he's done a fabulous job in creating a spellbinding dramatization of the effects of UFO encounters and alien abductions on the members of three families from 1944 through (as of last night) 1970 so far.

It started last Monday on the science fiction channel (cablevision channel 48 in the NYC area) and there have been and will be ample repeats to allow those who missed the first four episodes to still see/tape the series in its entirety.

It's well worth it.

Schedule from this point on (Eastern Standard times):

Tonight at 7, Part 4.

Tonight at 9, Part 5 and also at 11.

Tomorrow, Saturday, from 11 AM to 9 PM, Parts 1 - 5.

Sunday from 11 AM to 9 PM, Parts 1 - 5.

And at 9 AM tomorrow there is a two hour documentary on new evidence regarding The Roswell Crash in 1947. Which will be repeated at the same time on Sunday, December 15.

Monday, December 9, Part 5 at 7 PM and Part 6 at both 9 & 11 PM.

Tuesday, December 10, Part 6 at 7 PM and Part 7 at both 9 and 11 PM.

And so forth through Friday, December 13.

Saturday, December 14, from 11 AM to 9 PM, Parts 1 - 5.

Sunday, December 15, from 11 AM to 9 PM, Parts 6 - 10.

I understand that T-200 (10 hour on SLP) do exist, but I'm told they're extremely difficult to find (and probably quite expensive). So I'm planning to use one T-160 and two T-120s to record this.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I think the whole UFO thing is a ruse put on by the government. It's documented fact that back in the 60's when the Kennedy administration was discussing the upcoming World Government, which even back then they felt was inevitable...they discussed the fact that to bind the people of the world together, they would need an enemy. Aliens were discussed as a possible enemy of the world to help bring us all together. Of course part of how to get the people to believe it all involved making it look like it was a huge secret that had been covered up. This psycop stuff must be a blast for the players.

Anyway, IMO Speilberg is just one of the group. He worked with George Sr. in the first ME was (Desert Storm) using hollogram technology to fool the Iraqi soldiers.

By the time the public was shown stealth technology it was 15 or 20 years old. What kind of aircraft and high tech secret stuff do you imagine the government currently has developed, particularly with he aid of the super computer?

There's no doubt in my mind that they have the ability to convince people that there are UFO's and even convince people that they were abducted by aliens if they wanted to. Ever read anything about the cattle mutilations? There are over 10.000 recorded cases. There happening all over the place, but particuarly in Argentina right now. Aliens are being blamed for them too; although the only logical explanation is high tech lasers. Then there are the crop circles. The best explanation I've read to date on them is the possibility of satellite mounted lasers (or some other technology) than can effectively draw the design from space.

Of course, this is probably all a little to weird for you guys.

Personally, I think the whole UFO thing is a ruse put on by the government.

By the time the public was shown stealth technology it was 15 or 20 years old.  What kind of aircraft and high tech secret stuff do you imagine the government currently has developed, particularly with he aid of the super computer?

Ever read anything about the cattle mutilations?  There are over 10.000 recorded cases.  There happening all over the place, but particuarly in Argentina right now.  Aliens are being blamed for them too; although the only logical explanation is high tech lasers. Then there are the crop circles.  The best explanation I've read to date on them is the possibility of satellite mounted lasers (or some other technology) than can effectively draw the design from space.

Of course, this is probably all a little to weird for you guys.

Of course, the flip side of your argument is that the dramatic and almost inconceivably fast development of supercomputers (one of which now resides on my desk -- a Mac Powerbook) -- was a result of reverse engineering from crashed alien spacecraft. :D

As far as cattle mutilations: I can't lay my hands on specifics, but cattle mutilations have a much longer history than since the Roswell crash, or weather balloon crash, take your pick, of 1947. Chupa cobre, I think, is the term for the thing/monster that supposedly causes these cattle mutilations. :shocked

I like the idea of lasers whamming the crop circle. Must have been the same ones they used in the Andes a couple thousand years ago to create the massive "pictures" which are only visible from the air. :grin:

I really don't have any opinion on the existence of space aliens. But clearly I am retaining way too much non-useful knowledge.

LOL, maybe you're right. Come to think of it Greenie looks like he might have a tad bit of that reptilian bloodline that some of the alien conspiracy theorists say has been interbred with earthlings. And, for that matter, have you ever noticed Shrubs ears? If he wasn't so thick, one might think he was Vulcan.

I have absolutely no doubt that there are other civilizations somewhere in the universe and probably in our own galaxy. I have serious doubts as to whether they would have bothered visiting the backwaters of the Milky Way. We're way out in the suburbs in case you didn't know.

First off I know of no single piece of physical evidence. No chunks of material exist beyond rumor for the genral population. Secondly, with hundreds of millions of cameras and camcorders on the planet, why don't we have one single photograph or tape clear enough to show the license plate?

We have only been "broadcasting" our presence for around 100 years. 100 light years is not very far (the Milky Way alone is 30,000 light years wide), so we haven't covered a lot of territory with the announcement of our presence.

SETI is probably a waste of time. The odds of a civilization being close enough to hear our signals (radio or television) and having arrived at the same point of development in technology at nearly the same time so that they would be listening on those radio frequencies is slim to none. For any civilization to have developed technologically enough to conquer space and time as we know it would imply several things. First and foremost would be a method of communicating over vast distances with virtually no time lag. Would you really want to hang around and receive a message that was 1000 years old? My guess is that communication ability would probably be based on tapping into the gravity continuum, not radio waves (light). So the odds of a technological civilization capable of crossing vast distances of space even listening for a radio frequency signal at the same time that another civilization is in that stage of communications technology seems mighty close to zero. The age differentials between civilizations could be measured in hundreds of millions of years assuming our guesses at various ages of other stars is halfway right.

The point is, any civilization listening for or broadcasting a radio frequency, would probably not have the capability to go visit another civilization utilizing the same technology at the same moment in time. It would be like modern man scanning the horizon with a pair of binoculars looking for a smoke signal from the last ice age.

If you look at our own planet's history with an open mind, there is growing body of evidence that human civilization has been through several cycles of rise and fall just since modern man arrived on the scene. This implies that our development keeps getting interupted and indeed possibly reseting the clock to zero periodically. We still don't know for sure how the pyramids of Egypt or South America were actually constructed for example. Our modern technology would struggle with the task. The Romans mastered construction with concrete and yet that technology virtually disappeared and only has been rediscovered in the last 200 years. If the same type of cycles occurs elsewhere, perhaps no civilization ever makes it to the point that they are capable of transversing the vastness of space before they are wiped out by themselves or some form of natural disaster. At the very least it is likely that damn few make it that far and given the large age differentials of planets at any point in time the odds of even two coexisting seems extremely close to zero.

So is it impossible that we have been visited? No, but the probablitiy would have so many zeros following the decimal point that it may as well be zero. Want to convince me? Show me the photograph clear enough to show the license plate.

From my human perspective, one viable explanation exists. If space is punctured with inumerable small black holes and a civilization has survived long enough to learn how to manipulate gravity, they might be able to leap around. Perhaps SETI should be looking for gravitational anomalies instead.

It is in my mind however possible that we may be aliens ourselves. It might turn out that "God" was merely the busdriver on a bus load of Martian refugees fleeing a dying planet after a disaster caused Mars to lose it's atmosphere.

Guest AssMaster

Gee...I thought that the crop circle thing was debunked as a hoax. Or was it the dog that told me to say that? See what happens when I forget my tin foil hat?

It's not the flying reptilian Greenspans that will get you, it's the mind-controlling canines!

Anyway, it seemed like the cattle mutilations were part of that Satan cult thing going on where every day care center worker in America was eventually accused of molesting the children in their care in some demonic ceremony. And we wonder how people could be so stupid as back during the Salem witchraft trials.

We are the same idiots we have always been. Can't blame it on aliens or the devil or nothing...well except for those mind-controlling dogs. But they told me to say that. :P

It is in my mind however possible that we may be aliens ourselves.

Thank you! After all these decades ... the first rational explanation for why this place is so damn strange!

In Edgar Rice Burroughs's A Princess of Mars, the swashbuckling John Carter and the beautiful Martian princess Dejah Thoris settle in Helium for almost ten years, where they have an egg (in which a son forms), but just before the five-year incubation period ends someone assassinates the keeper of the atmosphere plant and his assistant. Carter helps the Barsoomians open and restart the plant, but he passes out from lack of air (or the dank Martian bud) and awakes to find himself again on Earth.

John Carter, Warlord of Mars

http://www.johncarterofmars.com

If you want a realistic view of Intergalatic relations read "Killing Star" by George Zebrowski. It will bring you to a nasty, nasty way of thinking. The premise of the book revolves around this:

If you are an alien race the prime, absolute prime, motivation of your race is it's self preservation. All, idiotic, touchy, feely, new-age, moronic 'aliens will be so far advanced socially they will only help us' bullshit aside, species look to preserve and better themselves as a primary function. Look at ourselves, we have gained nothing socially that hasn't been gained before, yet the cycle is set to overwhelm us once again and backslide. We cannot break the cycle, why should we assume others magically would?

Now examine humanity. As an alien race ask yourself what the chances are of your race being wiped out if humanity ever gained equality or heaven forfend, superiority, in technological weaponry. What possibility is acceptable? 25%? 10%? 1%? Your talking about the survival of your race for cripes sake. Your also talking about a race led around by the nose by leaders like Saddam Hussein, Hitler, Stalin, Robertson, etc...etc.....

Your looking at a race that routinely kills of hundreds of millions of its own in periodic spasms of self-inflicted violence. Your talking about a species that has systematically wiped out every single creature that competes with it including inconvenient members of it's own species. How many alien races do you think want to end up on 'reservations'? What percentage of risk do you think humanity would be willing to assume when looking at a race that was the mirror image of our own?

I know the answer for humanity. We would kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out. You don't think so? Then maybe you should examine a little thing called 'history' just a wee bit harder.

Anyway, I guess my point is that if there really are alien races and they are capable of getting here why in the hell would they ever let us off planet?

Read Killing Star and I believe you will see the logical outcome of such Alien deliberations amongst themselves.

The other point of the book should also be examined, once you decide to kill off a race, you do not do a half assed job. You finish what you started as quickly as possible. You finish hard and fast, you leave no one around to remember and nurse a grudge. Those folks would be an even higher risk to you than the whole race previously was.

So if they come for us it won't be anything we will likely be able to stop.

Drop a big enough comet or asteroid on earth and it is game over. Better yet, speaking of gravity, drop a black hole into Earth's gravity well.

The universe is just as likely to be a free for all of violence and genocide as it is to end up like Star Trek or Star Wars where everyone largely gets along. Given our only example is ourselves, so far it is a 100% chance of the former.

Yoyo, speaking of gravity in high school I never was able to understand how gravity was not faster than the speed of light. It made perfect sense to me that it was instantaneous to some large degree. I was ridiculed and convinced I was wrong. Now it seems others are having the same idea and testing it out using the VLBA:

http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid...=thread&tid=134

The article leans more towards 2 months (The geek article says two weeks by mistake) on the results so they should be around by now.

Man, since stereotypes have been all the rage around here lately, does anyone else think they could have nailed this guy's nationality without seeing anything but his picture?

http://www.missouri.edu/~physwww/html/kopeikin.html

That is one Russian looking Ivan.

of course there are ETs....of both stripes, according to all available evidence. it requires an exquisite type of willful navel-gazing to get around this fact.

incidentally, i was part of a mass daytime clear-weather UFO sighting in denver in may 1994. the thing hung around for AGES. there have been many, many more, and they're on the uptick.

or so sez the innernet. ;)

In other words....A quotation from Charles Fort.

Battalions of the Accursed

A procession of the damned.

By the damned, I mean the excluded.

We shall have a procession of data that Science has excluded.

Battalions of the accursed, captained by pallid data that I have exhumed, will march. You'll read them--or they'll march. Some of them livid and some of them fiery and some of them rotten.

Some of them are corpses, skeletons, mummies, twitching, tottering, animated by companions that have been damned alive. There are giants that will walk by, though sound asleep. There are things that are theorems and things that are rags; they'll go by lik e Euclid, arm in arm with the spirit of anarchy. Here and there will flit little harlots. Many are clowns. But many are of the highest respectability. Some are assassins. There are pale stenches and gaunt superstitions and mere shadows and lively malices: whims and amiabilities. The naive and the pedantic and the bizarre and the grotesque and the sincere and the insincere, the profound and the puerile

http://www.anomalist.com/fort.html

The Excluded

So, by the damned, I mean the excluded.

But by the excluded I mean that which will some day be the excluding.

Or everything that is, won't be.

And everything that isn't, will be --

But, of course, will be that which won't be --

I'm afraid, dear Stoolies, ufos belong in this camp.

What is interesting is sleep deprivation/normal sleep toming studies. Subjects who are restricted to a closed enviornment in which there is no natural sunlight, clocks or tv's to let them "tell" time have an internal clock that best fits a 25 hour day. Subjects seem to live and sleep on a natural 25 hour schedule. Mars is a 25 hour day,FWIW.

Archived