Inexplicible Random Fluctuations

jickiss is back!

and, ohmigod, what a week  for da Metal!

Hold Fast!

Acres of Diamonds are Ahead!

love, jickiss!!!!!!!

Below should be the chart of GG:

564866[/snapback]

Dude, you better be really careful. Lots of HedgeFunds liquidating anything and everything. Those gold stocks could go a lot lower if we plunge down next week.

Luckily, I got out of the way on most of mine this morning after the big doozy drop.

GSS and KGC are the only ones left, but I might have to unleash them Monday.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jickiss is back!

and, ohmigod, what a week  for da Metal!

Hold Fast!

Acres of Diamonds are Ahead!

love, jickiss!!!!!!!

Below should be the chart of GG:

564866[/snapback]

Dude, you better be really careful. Lots of HedgeFunds liquidating anything and everything. Those gold stocks could go a lot lower if we plunge down next week.

Luckily, I got out of the way on most of mine this morning after the big doozy drop.

GSS and KGC are the only ones left, but I might have to unleash them Monday.

564870[/snapback]

Funny how Paulson tasked the Working Group on Financial Markets (PPT) to study whether hedge funds needed regulation. They spent months on it.

Then just last Saturday, the WGFM/PPT announced that they see no reason to regulate hegetarians: "The current system for preventing market collapse and widespread investor losses is working well." ;)

Two days later, kablooey. :P

=

Favorite analcyst comment of the week has to be that doofus Michael Youngblood at Friedman, Billings, Ramsey. He covers RE (MBS, REITs, etc).

Despite all evidence to the contrary, he has remained, not just bullish on RE, but uber-bullish. He's the one who said home prices would rise 27% in Florida in 2006. He said this last spring (!), even as the market was imploding. He made David Liarhhea sound like Robert Prechter.

Now in an article in Business Week, he claims that he's been hookwinked:

"To my disappointment as a long-time analcyst...I met with all of the public subprime lenders in early June. To a man, they swore they had maintained 2005 origination volumes...without sacrificing credit quality. Like a dope, I sat there and didn't challenge them. Basically the Keystone Kops were making loans."

This mea culpa is along the same lines as:

"The dog ate my homework."

"Jeez, I musta been looking at the chart upside down."

"Damn those data glitches, damn them to hell!"

"I admit I have a serious drinking problem and am now seeking treatment."

"My bad."

No doubt this "dope" will get a big raise as a reward for his forthrightness and honesty.

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflas...ampaign_id=yhoo

Favorite analcyst comment of the week has to be that doofus Michael Youngblood at Friedman, Billings, Ramsey. He covers RE (MBS, REITs, etc).

Despite all evidence to the contrary, he has remained, not just bullish on RE, but uber-bullish. He's the one who said home prices would rise 27% in Florida in 2006. He said this last spring (!), even as the market was imploding. He made David Liarhhea sound like Robert Prechter.

Now in an article in Business Week, he claims that he's been hookwinked:

"To my disappointment as a long-time analcyst...I met with all of the public subprime lenders in early June. To a man, they swore they had maintained 2005 origination volumes...without sacrificing credit quality. Like a dope, I sat there and didn't challenge them. Basically the Keystone Kops were making loans."

This mea culpa is along the same lines as:

"The dog ate my homework."

"Jeez, I musta been looking at the chart upside down."

"Damn those data glitches, damn them to hell!"

"I admit I have a serious drinking problem and am now seeking treatment."

"My bad."

No doubt this "dope" will get a big raise as a reward for his forthrightness and honesty.

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflas...ampaign_id=yhoo

564885[/snapback]

To a man, they swore they had maintained 2005 origination volumes...without sacrificing credit quality. :lol: the underwriting standard? :lol:

I knew you were asking..."What's with all this Rubber and Plastics?" So I report and you decide...

NEW YORK (AP) -- Shares of Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. hit a new 52-week high Friday, posting a second day of gains since reporting a wider fourth-quarter loss, which beat Wall Street estimates on an adjusted basis.

Why goodness, an even wider loss with adjustments, of course.

Fully 'priced in'? Hell no! Schwang!

post-14-1172892937_thumb.jpg

Archived