Welcome to the New Weimar Republic

Looks like Carnage and Destruction to me.

Classic Bear Market Action:

- Note that there was no "clothesline" or sharp break from the highs. Bear market tops never give you a clear signal.

How many dollar bears did you hear saying "this is it!! Its over!!! Short now!!"

Nada

Zero

Zilch

- The retracement from the highs looked bullish and everyone was buying it.

- After yesterday's break, it was already too late for the bulls. They were way underwater, and now they are underwater by a huge amount

- Any and all bounces from here will be checked by the huge overhead supply from all the dippers who want to offload "just to break even"

post-184-1164405291_thumb.jpg

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biggest markdown today wasn t at any of the Big Boxes, twas in the USD. Futures ran off hard after the close and I closed my RUSTY short for 3 plus points. Expect some bullchit rah rah retail numbers early in the week and possibly a slightly higher high, but one of my fav indicators suggests we have a hard down in the next 1-3 weeks. TRADE SAFE

From Richard Russell yesterday.

I think he was long for a very brief period of time off the October 2004 lows.

Other than that, he's been pretty much out of the market.

Another famous newsletter writer, watching from the sidelines, looking aghast at the huge gains being made by the bulls.

"OK, let's talk the stock market. Lowry's notes the Buying Power is going up twice as fast as Selling Pressure is declining. In other words, this market has been rising based on demand rather than just a decline in selling pressure. And that's bullish. At the same time, my PTI yesterday rose to 5781, equal to its highest level in its history going back to 1971."

post-184-1164410308_thumb.jpg

Archived