Boj Gets Shanked. Ecb Next Up

There y'all go aGIN. Pickin' on dem der LAWYERZ.

BE NICE TO LAWYERS!!!

(yew may NEED one some day)

BAREister

We think as one.

Wonder how that could be?

Hope it's not one of those Igor mind-melds

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We should have a contest- the person coming the closest gets bragging rights and gets to rub it in other stoolies' faces.

My guess- +87K

i will not predict the increase in unemploymnet figures but i would be willing to bet my life that the sum total of unemployed,both hidden and visible is closer to betwen 12 and 15 milliion---

beardrech===Please dont bet your entire life on figures like that--its too risky

Oh alright so i'll bet a leg--i need some action dont I?

BARE, welcome back and Happy New Year.

In you absence over the holidays, TwoScrews and maybe one or two others made a few jests poking fun at your Stoolville personage. I took the liberty of retaliating on your behalf. My clever comeback was always the same: just ignore the posts. My steely silence had the desired effect. After a few hours, and a few guffaws, the posters went on to other topics. No, no need to thank me. I'm sure you'll do the same for me.

"Let's hear it for the rally!

This is my kind of market!"

lthumb.sge.ujx92.080104222100.photo00.default-274x371.jpg

No i am not a cro=magnon man--I am human also and when you strike me do i not cry out? And when you cut me do i not bleed--And when you rob me of my purse do i not weep--Why is my future so dark? Have i not lived the good life in the American pursuit of happiness?

A pox on all of you

beardrech

i hope the picture of baldysour Grasso comes out here you can get the reference

There y'all go aGIN. Pickin' on dem der LAWYERZ.

BE NICE TO LAWYERS!!!

(yew may NEED one some day)

From as big a critic of the legal system as you are likely to meet, let me state this as succinctly as I can...

When the gummint decides to place you square in its crosshairs, for whatever reason tickles their self-aggrandizing fancy at the time, there is no better friend in the world than a defense lawyer.

SJ

Alborz-- I was called to the bar in 1973. House prices in my part of Canada had risen sharply in the early 70's. My friends who didn't pursue graduate degrees felt far wealthier than myself. Rising house prices always do that.

Real estate transactions were my bread and butter until April 1974. At that time, the Ontario government passed a special tax on land speculators and a further tax on non-residents who bought land in our province.

The taxes didn't really matter. Mortgage rates hit 12% and killed the market, temporarially.

Canadian gov't enacted wage and price controls as a matter of law. U. S. gov"t handed out W.I.P. buttons. Acronym for "Whip inflation Now".

Inflation rose to late 1981. Paul Volker jacked up short rates to unseen levels and eventually broke inflation's back.

In summary, realty prices rose significantly in the first 3 years of the 70's, levelled off and rose again in the late 70's on an exponential basis.

Hope you find the data you're looking for. Statistical data is far more valuable than my hearsay.

Paul Volker jacked up short rates to unseen levels and eventually broke inflation's back...

It was called the "controlled destruction of the economy" policy in 1979 and it is what we at in the tail end of...

Guest yobob1
BTW, we are amazed, simply astounded at the amount of home construction. We have no clue where all the people came from and how they can afford homes like these.

Apparently over 100 million people have been living secretly underground for the last 50 years and are now popping up to grab homes. Everyone I talk to, no matter where they live makes virtually the same comment. Where are all the people coming from? I have no real answer, I just find it interesting that similar comments seem so universal. In the 35 years of living here I have never seen such a continuous frenzy of construction in both residential and commercial as I have seen in the last 5 years. If all of these "extra people" are showing up in so many markets, which markets are losing people?

Day one of the annual RV show in the valley. Weather was a little sloppy, but not enough to deter most people, however attendance seemed very light, perhaps off between 50 and 25 % of normal. Definite lack of qualified buyers in the "crowd". One day does not make a show, but the opening day is less than encouraging. I'm beginning to think that without another re-fi blast 2004 RV sales are going to disappoint. I know many of my sales last year were a direct result of re-fis. Pretty stupid thing to do for most people. You can get the same tax bennies at similar rates without putting your home on the line. I guess the upside is if they lose the home they will have a free and clear RV to live in. Put a family of 4 in a 30' RV and see how long the walls stay on that beauty.

Car companies can't cut the rebates/0% loans. Every few months they say they will, they do and sales drop hard. A few weeks later new bigger incentives appear, as GM just announced, to counteract the sales drop. Still holding out for the buy one get one free program.

Everyone around Stoolville seems so convinved we're off to the races again. Why don't I? I guess when nothing looks or feels right, you have to go with your gut.

maybe that's it - this "b" wave will end only when the world settles on what it (wrongly) perceives to be the next "killer app". The one that all techo-junkies have been waiting for, the one that the Segway was not, the one that will put all starving C+ coders, xml jockeys, and CAT6+ stringers back to work at bubblicious wages. "It" will drive MSFT to new highs, as it will be "assumed" that Gates and Ballmer will by default be kings of the new realm. Then the "c" wave will spend it's long life proving whatever silly notion "it" is, disastrously wrong.

Brilliant, mjkst27.

In search of the next "one decision" stocks (it was a Seventies thing ...) ;)

Archived