Kathie Lee Resubstantiation

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Press Release Source: Intel Corporation

Intel Updates Fourth-Quarter Business Expectations

Thursday December 4, 4:15 pm ET

Company Narrows Revenue Range to $8.5 Billion to $8.7 Billion; Goodwill Impairment Charge of Approximately $600 Million Likely in the Fourth Quarter

SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 4, 2003-- Intel Corporation today provided a scheduled update to the company's Business Outlook for the fourth quarter, which ends Dec. 27.

Intel expects revenue to be between $8.5 billion and $8.7 billion, as compared to the previous range of $8.1 billion to $8.7 billion. The gross margin percentage is expected to be 62 percent, plus or minus a point, as compared to the previous expectation of 60 percent, plus or minus a couple of points. The company's Intel Architecture business is experiencing solid seasonal growth while demand for communications products remains on track with the company's expectations for the quarter.

I thought wireless comm was supposed to be providing the upside this Q - instead it's the reason for the charge. But Crapvision shill says it's the sale of flash into wireless that's the problem - they "guessed wrong". The press release makes no mention of that:

it's a one time charge...

Intel anticipates taking a fourth-quarter goodwill impairment charge related to the Wireless Communications and Computing Group (WCCG). The long-term growth expectations for this business are no longer projected to be as high as previously expected. The impairment charge is likely to be approximately $600 million. The amount of the charge will be reported in the company's fourth-quarter earnings release following completion of the valuation analysis required under accounting rules.

What ingawdsname did Andy say?

If you mean Andy Grove. He is no longer Chairman. Hasn't been for years.

If you did not mean him... my bad.

My smilies don't work. No I'm not doing the fast reply.

I have a friggin' virus.

Archived