Glossary Part 3

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys,

Sold all short positions today. Made some pocket money. I hate to say it but the little man in my stomach started talking at about 8AM and would not shut up until I sold those shorts.

Man's gotta know his limitations when he gambles. Not going to be shoret into scam week.

Long BGO, CDE, RAD, LU, and I have to admit to buying some RBAK at .74.

Have everything else in STHBX and NBHIX.

Be Well.

The "next monster Natural Gas find". The British Columbia government today auctioned off 187,000 hectares (a hectare is 2.2 acres) for a record 418 million$. Companies in the bidding Encana, Anandarko, Apache, Canadian Natural Resources, Burlington and Talisman-for the location go to Click Here and click on Vancouver Sun-Trade Safe!

Took this weeks profits and bought a big block of GG at the close...weekly chart very strong, gap closed and trading at prior resistance, now support...trade safe

Tom O'brien's audience is all scared of golden bears/shorts attack today.

O'Brien told them GG is heading down to fill gap @ $13.2.

Since they'll all be waiting for it to go down there, GG will likely attack $14 again just to get the crowd chasing.

Nice move to buy miners on sale when everyone's scrambling to lock in mining profits ahead of their pals...

Bank of America Corp, the No. 3 U.S. bank, on Friday confirmed it fired three executives accused by the New York attorney general of helping [Canary Capital Partners LLC] improperly trade mutual funds.

Ejected

"Several" other employees, but fewer than 10, were also dismissed from the Charlotte, North Carolina-based company, [spokesman] Stickler said. They "were in units associated with but not directly part of the mutual fund complex," he said.

I've had my own tangles with B of A, and don't think much of them. But firing the bad guys is certainly the appropriate move here.

Bank of America Corp, the No. 3 U.S. bank, on Friday confirmed it fired three executives accused by the New York attorney general of helping [Canary Capital Partners LLC] improperly trade mutual funds.

I used to work for Ken Lewis at the former Nationsbank when he was President of the NCNB Florida bank at the time.

Lewis has a reputation for allowing gunslingers to "do what ever is necessary" to make the numbers, even bend the rules a little.

But if you get caught, and your mistake causes some type of maelstrom, you're gone.

Regardless of your past performance.

I saw many high flying superstar lenders get blown out during the real estate crunch in 1991.

Anyway here's Lance Lewis' take on the gold stocks:

From dailymarketsummary.com

A lot of people are expecting some sort of large shakeout in gold and its shares as the big spec position that?s out there is forced to liquidate (it?s even big talked about heavily on Heehaw for that matter). Normally, that?s exactly what happens, and the trade is to let these guys puke up the metal and then step in and buy it. However, as I?ve said, I don?t think that?s going to happen this time.

Much of the current net long position by the specs is likely earmarked for the coming ETFs, which get rolled out in London in early October, and then in the US by late October (although the US one could possibly be delayed until November). The US ETF alone is going to require 6,040,000 oz of gold (60,400 contracts) just for its initial offering according to its registration filing with the SEC. That means we may not see the typical liquidation by specs because much of the metal is actually going to be delivered this time. ?First notice? for the October contract is on September 29th, and then ?first delivery? is on October 1st. So, if specs are going to begin dumping their October contracts (true specs obviously don?t want to take delivery of the physical metal), they should begin to do it by early next week. If they don?t, we?ll know something is indeed different, and we could be in for an enormous move higher in both the metal and the shares.

I'm still holding a sizable chunk of shares on margin, and I'll only sell what I have to if I get called.

I also think the biggest move is dead ahead. Ordinary thinks that the monthly candle on the XAU is going to be a giant, white, high volume affair which will prove the long term breakout.

September is the best seasonal month for gold.

No guts, no glory......

Ejected

"Several" other employees, but fewer than 10, were also dismissed from the Charlotte, North Carolina-based company, [spokesman] Stickler said. They "were in units associated with but not directly part of the mutual fund complex," he said.

I've had my own tangles with B of A, and don't think much of them. But firing the bad guys is certainly the appropriate move here.

Yea but, look at the background of one of the scam artists who didn't get the sack.

If you don't think the market is run by crooks, look at this one's resume.

. . . Stickler said Rich DeMartini, the asset management head and the only other bank employee named by Spitzer in his complaint, remains with the bank in his position.

. . . DeMartini is part of the bank's executive management team, and serves on its operating and risk and capital committees. He is a former chairman of Nasdaq Stock Market (News - Websites) Inc. and vice chairman of the National Association of Securities Dealers, and joined Bank of America after 26 years at Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MWD - News), where he sat on the management committee.

He is also one of Bank of America's highest-paid employees, making more than $7 million in salary, bonus, restricted stock and other compensation in 2002

Archived