B4 The Bell Moonday August 23

Anyone have links to support the following statement?

But the rich controls 90% of existing wealth, create an economic system that they take a cut before passing to the working people (those that work hard)

The way I understand it is that around 6000 people on the planet actually own/control everything...everyone else is just renting.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are saved...

Russia Assures Bush It Will Boost Oil Exports

Mon Aug 23, 2004 07:12 PM ET

By Jeremy Pelofsky

CRAWFORD, Texas (Reuters) - President Bush on Monday received assurances from Russian President Vladimir Putin that his country would boost production and export of oil as prices hover near record levels.

But that may be a bit harder to achieve since Russia's top producer YUKOS cut its output forecast for 2004. Crude oil markets have been roiled by concerns that financial turmoil engulfing the company, which supplies 20 percent of Russia's oil output, could disrupt supplies from the world's No. 2 oil export country.

"He (Putin) said he recognizes that ... he doesn't need to be causing conditions such that it hurts consuming nations," Bush said, recounting his 16-minute telephone conversation with Putin to reporters at his Texas ranch where he was taking a vacation from the campaign trail. "He's wise about that."

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?t...storyID=6049195

Yobob,

Thats the word I was searching for,the "over retailing" of the economy,I dont think anyone ,anywhere has really touched on it. It just seems so obvious to me,maybe because I run a business in such a competitive industry,I just dont understand why its not on more peoples radar.

Anyway,if it is as important as we think it is,the ticking time bomb is very close to exploding.

It has been the perfect set-up for most people,it actually gave most in business enough time to really expand and increase their overheads for the maximum amount of pain.

Over-retailing, eh?

Check this out. I work in the area below.....

http://www.starbucks.com/retail/locator/Pr...c+United+States

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Zen- The Phillipines have nothing to worry about when the shit hits the fan we will simply outsource to them, forgive their debt and their economy will boom and our biz leaders will invest there and soon they will be selling U.S. treasuries and buying Gold with the proceeds. ;)

Zen- The Phillipines have nothing to worry about when the shit hits the fan we will simply outsource to them, forgive their debt and their economy will boom and our biz leaders will invest there and soon they will be selling U.S. treasuries and buying Gold with the proceeds. ;)

;)

Butters -you buy Shares in good, sound profitable Gold Companies for the long haul, the long term trend is up. You buy Oil shares for the same reason, I doubt we ever see $30.-@ Barrel again, copper is something where right now demand exceeds supply. We have 5 copper mines in this Province and they are going 24/7 and can't meet demand and yes most of that demand is off shore China and Asia and India-Copper in my opinion is brown Gold! ;)

Butters -you buy Shares in good, sound profitable Gold Companies for the long haul, the long term trend is up. You buy Oil shares for the same reason, I doubt we ever see $30.-@ Barrel again, copper is something where right now demand exceeds supply. We have 5 copper mines in this Province and they are going 24/7 and can't meet demand and yes most of that demand is off shore China and Asia and India-Copper in my opinion is brown Gold! ;)

Brian, Butters,

Looking at many COAL stocks, they suggest a giant move on the way.

Look at this amazing cup. Those huge homes will cost a lot more to heat, but it shouldn't derail the economy... :P

Fortune Minerals (FT.to)

post-20-1093308699.jpg

Anyone have links to support the following statement?

But the rich controls 90% of existing wealth, create an economic system that they take a cut before passing to the working people (those that work hard)

The way I understand it is that around 6000 people on the planet actually own/control everything...everyone else is just renting.

Ht comes to rescue. I think you are right and that 6000 people probably all have the last names of several families. I am just trying if I can find some source that I can use in front of some sheeps.

Orvack the trouble with Coal is the environmental laws won't let you burn it. A better play are the Canadian and American Companies involved in Coal bed methane extraction which is simply NG from coal. Now Coking Coal is a whole nother deal, our Coal mines in Tumbler Ridge and the Crows-nest pass are selling all the coking coal they can mine to China and Asia for their steel mills but coking coal is rare.

I'll be around a bit the morning and then my lady and I are gone for a week of R&R. I'm taking my stuff with me so I'll check in from time to time-Keep a candle burning in the window and be good don't fight-at least without me- ;)

Good on ya, Brian!

Be safe and enjoy!

Thanks Plunger-I note the Nikkei opened flat and then had a huge spike up which failed and they are now down 12 and change but that failure looks ominous the retrace from the high is over 100 points, they look rocky!

Sounds like 990N will be pullin' an all nighter.

Archived