Joe Millionaire

BARE, I believe that view was once characterized with the saying, "We get the government we deserve."

Of course the (Borg) collective loved Greenspan. Everybody wants more money, and in the market's view, Greenspan was the guy. Greenspan, at one point, reached almost archetypical hero status in our culture -- the knight in shining armor riding in on his white horse ready to sweep the market away with greased money supply. It is only relatively recently that the Borg have begun to question Greenspan's efficacy. I agree about our current situation... and after the disaster unfolds, the Borg history will not look kindly upon Mr. Greenspan.

The knight in shining armor will ultimately be demoted to court jester.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BAREister,

One more post before retiring. Yes, Greenspan was not the cause and he was and still is riding a tiger.

The collective greed of the financial system, individuals desire for instant gratification and never-ending good times led to this unhealthy proliferation of debt.

He will likely become a scapegoat, but is still guilty of weak leadership.

He sat in arguably one of the most powerful positions in the world, head of the central bank in the US. He failed to truly risk his career and popularity by taking steps to rein in the irrational exuberance he recognized and understood. He saw the explosion in debt, the wild creation of structured finance, the emergence of the GSE lie, ... yet he did nothing except mostly "follow" the bond markets lead on the rate cut dance floor; occasionally, unexpectedly turn the rate knoband manipulate Feed to provide "intervention" for perceived crisis. He could have championed for any number of financial reforms during his tenure. We needed passion and leadership. All we received was monetary double-speak, veiled concern and a willingness to promote monetary inflation.

The guys is nothing more than a political survivalist. He sold us out for rising approval during the Clinton era.

I guess I expected more from the most influential monetary head in the world.

Maybe though, he was in over his head from the start, where FRB morphed into the most hideous pyramid financing schemes of all time and there was little Greenspan could really do to control it. :( Good night.

SEH

The Blame game will include everything under the sun... It wasn't untill 30 years after the 29 crash that fractional reserve banking got the blame and it leaked out for enough peasants to see... But most people don't know this... and will pin it on something else so that the miracle religion of compound interest can be worshiped again...

To paraphrase Vince Lombardi..."what the hell is going on out there" dissension, second guessing, candy(or should I say pansy) asses. You don't have to like everything about everybody on your team to win the friggin game....but teammates must be respected regardless of their taste, hair, whatever...as long as we have the same goal.....which appears to be the case here.

So stay poised, manage your ego, and allow the leaders to lead...you can follow or get out of the way.....cause you know we are goin to the END zone.

By a landslide (what I've gathered reading the posts) Windy and Budhha are free to express their views as we stoolies have come to appreciate, BEARING the occasional blow off top by Doc and the monitors.....hey I like the disciplinarian approach just to keep things in check but you have to let the spirit of the leader express itself e.g you may not like the way Warren Sapp looks, talks or plays......but it don't mater when you are holding up the trophy.....he led the team to victory...and that's exactly the chemistry we have here so to borrow from GF don't Fokk withit!

BTW, Vermin aint no Johnny come lately. I've been lurkin around here for a long time and have been payin for almost as long

MARK NEEDS TO BE PAID FOR HIS JOURNALISTIC CONTRIBUTIONS

We need some sought of system whereby Mark is automatically paid say $1 for each time some one views mark to market (and perhaps 10 cents for Doc for hosting the site).

Now 5000 views a day would be $5,000 - $1.8 million per annum - not crumbs is it????.

That would provide a nice financial incentive to keep him contributing and posting his trades.

Something more flexible than actually joining capital stool - sought of pay per view a little from a lot rather than a lot from a little.

MARK NEEDS TO BE PAID FOR HIS JOURNALISTIC CONTRIBUTIONS

We need some sought of system whereby Mark is automatically paid say $1 for each time some one views mark to market (and perhaps 10 cents for Doc for hosting the site).

Now 5000 views a day would be $5,000 - ?$1.8 million per annum - not crumbs is it????.

That would provide a nice financial incentive to keep him contributing and posting his trades. ?

Something more flexible than actually joining capital stool - sought of pay per view a little from a lot rather than a lot from a little.

Actually, you can contribute right here: Show your support for Mark

I challenge EVERYONE who posted tonight to contribute at least $10 in a show of support. (Preferably $20 (or more) if you can -- but let's keep the asking price small, so as not to scare off the less fortunate.) SO... put your money where your mouth is. EVERYONE HERE CAN AFFORD 10 BUCKS.

I'm off to contribute.

SEH

Al could have done things different... But the expoenential nature of FRB can't be stopped and in the end he was and is at the trough slurping with the rest of the addicts... Technically he did a good job but If he thought he could control FRB... He and everyone around him are morons... We will have to see how it plays out to know for sure what the real deal is... right now it looks like he is begining to cover his ass and give hints that the jig is up...

Guest AssMaster
SEH

Al could have done things different... But the expoenential nature of FRB can't be stopped and in the end he was and is at the trough slurping with the rest of the addicts... Technically he did a good job but If he thought he could control FRB... He and everyone around him are morons... We will have to see how it plays out to know for sure what the real deal is... right now it looks like he is begining to cover his ass and give hints that the jig is up...

HyperTiger:

How does this fit in with your worldview?

de-inflation.gif

ITulip Inflation/Deflation Chart

Dr. B could chart us an up year(s) in a long bear market to remind us what we are up against.

As ordered:

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$nikk,uu[l,a]dacaynay[d19990101,20000101][pf].gif

Same thing in perspective:

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$nikk,uu[l,a]dacaynay[d19990101][pf].gif

Seen from even further away:

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$nikk,uu[l,a]dacaynay[d19900101][pf].gif

Can you still spot the area occupied by the first chart? B)

Any questions? :grin:

Regards,

Vesselin

Hi Stoolies,

Just my quick 2 cents worth -

1) 6-7 week cycle lows within 10 week downturns are 2 day pops - every time

2) each pop gets knocked down hard by the 9 day MA. Guess what we hit today?

3) put/call 21 day MA STILL heading up

4) BPINDU has turned up - but needs to cross for that buy signal. A turn up has happened many times before in this cycle down phase but then quickly resumes the plummet - there is alot more downside room left in this indicator before support

5) MACD crossed sveral times in the March to July 2002 fall - again on the back of 2/3 day pops only to be smothered downward again

6) closed on a 38.2% retracement of the Jan high - usually the max achieved in these downturns.

I think we need to take some collective deep breaths, step back from our screens, look at those CYCLES - and the performance of usually reliable indicators within those cycles. They are not so reliable.

Just my take - but these last couple of days will be entirely retraced by the end of this week.

TroyB.

Thanks TroyB for an excellent analysis (no less heartfelt because I happen to agree).

Welcome aboard.

3) BPI's turning positive

Eh, GTN? The BPIs are always positive - or, to be more preceise, they are always non-negative. By definition, they cannot move outside the 0-100 range (inclusive, although the limits are practically never reached).

Regards,

Vesselin

Archived