B4 The Bell, Thursday May 20

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yobob1
On Housing there are bigger implications than the damage rising rates will do. The Bubble has increased the assessed value of homes to record highs which has driven up property taxes which in turn has provided cash starved Cities, Counties, Provinces etc with windfall revenue to keep them afloat. Now when prices fall and assessed values fall so does their tax revenues. That will Bankrupt local Government or reduce services drastically. Garbage pick-up once a month?? Coming to a theatre near you!

I posted those very thoughts, gawd who knows, maybe as much as a couple of years ago here in Stoolville. Of course that was before the parabolic blow off in prices. so now we have a situation where the local governments have adjusted their budgets to the current housing prices. Therefore the coming adjustments in future local government, who by and large are not allowed to run deficits and will run smack into a major wall of "no money" if they try and pass bonds, is going to be much worse than it might have been just a few short years ago. Throw in property defaults resulting in non-paymnet of taxes and Ka-Boom!

Tonight on Capital Report with Allen Murray at 7:00

The "Republican Civil War"...featuring John McCain.

I told you he was up to something.

He's going to run for President. He's got all the Democrats talking about what a great guy he is...asking him to run as Kerry's VP...and what he's really doing is positioning himself to replace Bush.

Tonight on Capital Report with Allen Murray at 7:00

The "Republican Civil War"...featuring John McCain.

I told you he was up to something.

He's going to run for President. He's got all the Democrats talking about what a great guy he is...asking him to run as Kerry's VP...and what he's really doing is positioning himself to replace Bush.

Constitutionally can a republican challenge the icumbent republican?

Archived