IDS World Markets Thurs 2nd October 08

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fannie & Freddie spreads keep making all-time, lifetime highs.

3yr spreads @ +150 bps

Basically, what that means is that a bond now guaranteed by the US Government is considered riskier than a Malaysian or a Polish sovereign bond of similar duration.

The last time dollar touched 80, gold was at 750.  That's a whole 100 dollar below current price.  Hmmmm.....

694987[/snapback]

Those shortages of gold coin stories have even reached Irish newspapers, usually the last media in the World to report such things.

Meanwhile, Forex & gold are just one series of suck in moves after another.

Yup, that's the plan.

Live with it.

Sorta like decorating a Christmas Tree.

Just keep adding dem ornaments until enough people are happy to get a majority.

Most USA citizens don't vote, so what the citizens care about is irrelevant to the workings of the Merkin Congress.

Only thing that matters is the money. And the Chinesse have control of that. ;)

694979[/snapback]

I don't think so. Even though I don't want a re-worked bill to pass the House, I think TPTB will float something through that will somehow plug the dikes until after the election.

This is prime 24/7 election season. Too many other vested interests are not getting airtime due to this distraction.

They'll need to deal with "The Bailout" by tomorrow so the Dems and Repugs can start doing again what they do best: argue meaninglesssly to the lowest common denominator.

whoever had the balls to go short at the close yesterday, being payed off. nice move ballzy stoolies... congrats.

694997[/snapback]

Does one OEX put Tuesday count?

Pretty shaky level of committment, I know.

I've got concerens about any counterparty these days, even the options exchanges.

For example, I resent having to pre-pay cash for my gas until I've finished pumping it (in case they don't have enough gas in the ground to cover my transaction).

I think the next edition of the Boy Scout Manual, in addition to the phrase "be prepared", will add "know your counterparty". It will be ingrained into future young brains.

Archived