IDS World Markets Thurs 2nd October 08

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've done fine on my short today, am thinking about taking the money and running, but would hate to leave some downside on the table due to declines tomorrow.  Anyone got the balls to hold a large short position overnight?

695279[/snapback]

I'm willng to let 10-11% gain on QID and TWM ride through tomorrow.

Nice call Doc.

Repub caucus said in a news conference they are taking an amendment to the rules committee at 4pm today.  They said if the amendment is adopted, they can probably come up with 10 more votes for the 'rescue bill'.  I didn't catch what they were asking for.  The market appears to be losing faith in all the giveaway crap, however, so it may not be enough. 

Doc, you still think passage will be market negative?

695300[/snapback]

$1 million/year for life for the first 218 to take the deal?

No, no.. I was just kidding about that bankruptcy thing...

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/insu...&siteid=yahoomy

"Senator Reid is not personally aware of any particular company being on the verge of bankruptcy," Manley said in an email that was sent to MarketWatch. "He has no special knowledge about nor has he talked to any insurance company officials."

"His comments were meant to refer to the conditions in the financial sector generally," Manley added. "He regrets any confusion his comments may have caused."

:mellow:

I'm willng to let 10-11% gain on QID and TWM ride through tomorrow. 

Nice call Doc.

695315[/snapback]

i set my trailing stop too tight, got popped out with a 6% gain. was away from the screen the last hour (i went downtown to try to buy some gold--no bullion in stock), will look jump back in tomorrow am.

thanks, doc. no crash, but quite a nice gain.

Archived