Humble Beginnings

. . . This rally began with the current price earnings ratio on the S&P 500 at near 30. Every major bull market move of the past has begun with price earnings ratios well under 10. This rally began with the S&P 500 dividend yield at 1.96%. Historically, major bull market advances begin with the price earnings ratios and the dividend yields being roughly equal. At the 1932 low, the price earnings ratio was roughly 10 and the yield was 10.50. In 1942 the price earnings ratio was 7.3 while the yield was 8.71 and in 1974 the price earnings ratio was 7.24 while the yield was 5.9 . . .

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lone Ranger: "tonto, what has gotten into silver, he's cantoring up the high plateau"

Tonto: "years of saddleback, kee mo sa bie... he's headed straight to the pay o tee."

The most shorted commodity in the history of the world is coming out of hibernation. Silver has been trading violently all night. Remember no limit up in the metals.

That's why most people are surprised when they learn what the daily price limits are in COMEX gold and silver. Ask most traders and investors what the daily price limits are and they'll respond, "something like 75 cents/per ounce in silver and around $25 dollars in gold", as these used to be the limits many years ago. But that is definitely the wrong answer. Effectively, there are no daily limits in gold and silver. No cooling off period. No additional time for margin money to be raised. Don't believe me? Here is the exact wording, copied from the NYMEX web site for silver (for gold, just substitute $75 per ounce for the initial limit) -....more

http://news.goldseek.com/TedButler/1072836239.php

1073911346813?User=normbailey&Pswd=IKt21SjLpLg1A&DataType=GIF&Symbol=COMEX:SI04H&Interval=10:255&Permission=1000&Ht=400&Wd=600&Display=0&Study=&Param1=&Param2=&Param3=&FontSize=10&LocaleID=0x0409&.gif

Shorts & Silver

Sure looks like trouble but then we hardly ever seem to actually have said trouble.

Look we're $100 higher on gold, and no blowups (not even a whisper) from the massive gold hedges and carry trade.

Bond yields rose a mega amount in summer and not even a whisper of any losses, let alone serious ones.

Silver up $1 or say 30% in a month and so far all seems well.

Will we ever see any problems EVER again because so far the dam is holding like titanium.....

Good Morning!

I want to thank the European gentleman who sent in the extremely generous contribution in support of The Stool last night, along with several other Stoolies who also sent their measure of support! Doc very much appreciates all who cared enough to do so!

As the old year ended, along with it came the end of major ad campaigns by Fidelity and Ameritrade. The result was a substantial reduction in total revenue to the site. Let's face it, websites with a bearish perspective are not real poopular these days. Adding subscribers has not been a real picnic. I could yell from the tallest mountain that the market is going up, and most would not care, bulls would laugh and throw bullchips, and my best bear pals would be pretty annoyed. :lol: When ad revenue goes up, as it did for the month of December, it's a real blessing. When it goes back down, as it has now, it forces Doc to come to you to ask for your support.

Consequently, I have reinstalled the Support The Stool button, at the lower right of the forum. There are two major ways you can support the Capitalstool. The best way is to subscribe to the Anals or Stooltrading. If you have any doubt about whether that would be worth it, just ask the hundreds of subscribers who participate on this board. I know they will give you an honest answer. But whether you choose to do that or not, you can support the continued operation of your message boards by using that Support The Stool button regularly. If everybody who came to this board on a regular basis contributed just $5 per month, or if the 10% of you who can easily afford it contributed $50 per month, that would make all the difference in the world. Last night one of those contributions was in many multiples of that, and that makes a huge difference!

In the meantime, I am, as always, working on developing new value added features that will be free for everyone, that I know you will enjoy. There's a new feature announcement coming soon.

Many tanks for your support!

Doc

Monday morning Dolor jam and gold/silver slam underway.

A refreshing bout of the same ol' same ol'.

Either that or holders of the Euro and CND coincedentally decided to trade in synchrony!

exr24_eu_en_2.gif

exr24_ca_en_2.gif

And a viscious battle going on in the silver pits today. Look for some fireworks.

t24_ag_en_usoz_2.gif

:)

A refugee from the 2000 debacle returned to our chatroom today.... yep full time daytrader from 1/1/04 only this time she's using margin, arrrrgh.... gotta be a market top!

Archived