Straights Times

STI112_small.PNG

NASDAQ Asia Summary

Uncle Buck-

intraday.gif?s...w=15&a=2&v.gif

Globex Flash Quotes Link

Top News From Bloomberg Asia

Asian Stocks: Japan Drops as Toyota, Exporters Fall; Qantas Airways Slides

Japanese stocks fell, led by companies that rely on overseas sales such as Toyota Motor Corp. and Canon Inc., on concern the costs of a campaign to oust Iraq's Saddam Hussein will damp global demand. More...

? Qantas Says It May Miss Earnings Forecast as War Reduces Demand for Travel

? Japan's February Jobless Rate Falls to 5.2 Percent; Consumer Spending Down

? Sony Ends Talks With Holland's Aegon to Sell Half of Life Insurance Unit

The intraday All Ords basically followed last night's action on the DOW. I left a lovely red screen to go to a tai chi class and when I came back half of it was green .... arrrrgggh. Anyway as S4B noted on M2M, Qantas (QAN) did a lovely drop and I happened to have a put so I closed it out before the punters changed their minds. In actual fact they did change their minds because the big boys were soaking up QAN shares all the way into close.

It was that sort of day, anything that was dumped in the am was bought pm. The market action seems eerily similar to the post Sept 11 pattern where every day I thought the market would fall and everyday it just crawled higher. Anyway the cash gets stashed until I can see a clearer pic of what's happening so Alceringa I can see where you're coming from.

The All Ords closed in a congested zone of resistance/support. A riffle through the charts this evening MIGHT be illuminating but I'm not holding my breath..

Archived