Reversal reversal...bears blown out

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massachusetts Democratic Douchbags

jshotg.jpg

The line has been drawn. Get your popcorn for the show of self-hatred and sucking it up movie of the week. It's a wingohockingmoyamensinging freak show.

boy%20at%20movies%20eat%20popcorn.jpg

Does anyone have any fundamental research on Sugar they could point me to that might explain why we are at 30 year highs?

Thanks in advance.

Bad weather has hurt harvests in Brazil and India, two of the world’s biggest sugar producers. Also, Brazil has been increasingly devoting sugar resources to ethanol production, putting upward pressure on sugar prices. Here in the U.S., sugar production has been declining in recent years. The U.S. sugar stock relative to demand is less than half of what it was a year ago. I guess you could say that many of the reasons are mostly fundamental. Recently, I have heard alot of talk about funds buying sugar futures and such.

Funny you would inquire. I was just looking at some sugar charts scratching my head.

Who are the major sugar producers and their production %? India, Brazil, U.S. ???? I know India has experienced severe drought but don't know what % of the total their production equates to. Is there a big push coming from the energy bill for higher yielding bio-fuels?

Carl Icahn to take ownership of Fontainebleau Las Vegas resort

Carl Icahn is expected to take over ownership of the bankrupt Fontainebleau Las Vegas resort after two potential competitors vying to buy the property failed to submit qualifying bids as of a 5 p.m. deadline Friday

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/jan/1...eau-las-vegas-/

Bad weather has hurt harvests in Brazil and India, two of the world’s biggest sugar producers. Also, Brazil has been increasingly devoting sugar resources to ethanol production, putting upward pressure on sugar prices. Here in the U.S., sugar production has been declining in recent years. The U.S. sugar stock relative to demand is less than half of what it was a year ago. I guess you could say that many of the reasons are mostly fundamental. Recently, I have heard alot of talk about funds buying sugar futures and such.

Thanks for the info. Just unclear if the primary driver is fundamental or liquidity based.

I don't know why I attempt to rationalize these markets as they have simply devolved into a liquidity driven crack house of traders buying support and selling resistance. :glare:

Who are the major sugar producers and their production %? India, Brazil, U.S. ???? I know India has experienced severe drought but don't know what % of the total their production equates to. Is there a big push coming from the energy bill for higher yielding bio-fuels?

http://world-trade-organization.suite101.c...sugar_exporters

In 2009, India was no longer a net exporter.

http://in.reuters.com/article/economicNews...-40405520090617

Thanks for the info. Just unclear if the primary driver is fundamental or liquidity based.

I don't know why I attempt to rationalize these markets as they have simply devolved into a liquidity driven crack house of traders buying support and selling resistance. :glare:

The important 27.30-50 area held, again, last Friday. That's where I dumped the shorts and just left it alone. Should of went long from that area, but oh well.

Archived