Become a wallstreet examiner subscriber now!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest Story

Status Quo Ante- Professional Edition

January 7, 2010 By Lee Adler The most significant change today was a weakening in net new signals in the 6-7 week cycle. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Meanwhile, Augsburg Fortress Press, an arm of the Lutheran Church, suddenly realized that they had gambled away all their pension funds. So, due to a "loophole" that exempts non-profit corporations from normal standards of decency laws applicable to for-profit companies, they have just canceled everyone's pension. Seriously. Suddenly 500 retirees have no income.

The Lutheran Church (ELCA) has "declined to bail out" the pension fund. I guess it's not God's work to honor commitments made to people who have worked there for 50 years.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/w...gsburg-pension/

God just whispered in my ear that he (GOD) doesn't think they deserve the pension money since they are not doing his (GOD's) work as well as Goldman Sachs is.....

;)

Archived