Down,but hopium everywhere

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They essentially only have 2 products,when those 2 are not the latest Atari,WII,Walkman or Polaroid anymore it will be 10 times more ugly to the downside.

Might be a long wait,but 2 products are resposible for MOST of the profits.For now they seem unstoppable.

What about their content delivery. They control a lot of media at $1 a pop.

Also, the PE ratio is only around 17, I believe. http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=AAPL

I just don't think it's worth thinking about shorting this at least until it hits the top of the channel. Fibos or otherwise. This company has the smartest guys in the room. It is extremely profitable, and I don't see the institutional love affair ending any time soon.

So why bother. There are other fish to fry that will make a lot more in percentage terms with a lot less upside risk when the time comes.

Also, the PE ratio is only around 17, I believe. http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=AAPL

I just don't think it's worth thinking about shorting this at least until it hits the top of the channel. Fibos or otherwise. This company has the smartest guys in the room. It is extremely profitable, and I don't see the institutional love affair ending any time soon.

So why bother. There are other fish to fry that will make a lot more in percentage terms with a lot less upside risk when the time comes.

Agreed...

But the reasons why it's going up is:

1.Traders buying what "works'

2.Douchebags chasing performance

2.it's More than 20% of the QQQ,so market makers always bid it to Paint the tape.

3.it easily moves markets with it's huge market cap

4.it's a cult stock

5."fundamentals"

In that order :lol:

The front month options are real nice for scalpers.

Options either way can be profitable. As an observation, this is common stock we are talking about here and as far as the company business, its a very competitive deflationary space they play in with other companies who are every bit as big and have a much longer track record (see Intel, and IBM). As far as direct competitors HPQ, Dell, RIMM and Google, Apple is currently carrying a market cap of more than EVERY direct competitor in the space. As far as earnings just a minor slip and Apple has a forward PE of over 100 or more. As it trades now it has a trailing PE (GAAP adjusted of coarse) of $27 a share divided into the $615 gets you to 22. But who the heck cares about fundamentals because non of this crap is trading on fundamentals. It sure the heck ain't trading on yield (1% and dropping). The parabola move up is obviously liquidity and when the table is all in then what?

Options either way can be profitable. As an observation, this is common stock we are talking about here and as far as the company business, its a very competitive deflationary space they play in with other companies who are every bit as big and have a much longer track record (see Intel, and IBM). As far as direct competitors HPQ, Dell, RIMM and Google, Apple is currently carrying a market cap of more than EVERY direct competitor in the space. As far as earnings just a minor slip and Apple has a forward PE of over 100 or more. As it trades now it has a trailing PE (GAAP adjusted of coarse) of $27 a share divided into the $615 gets you to 22. But who the heck cares about fundamentals because non of this crap is trading on fundamentals. It sure the heck ain't trading on yield (1% and dropping). The parabola move up is obviously liquidity and when the table is all in then what?

EVERY direct competitor COMBINED!

Distortions In House of Mirror Economy

Lee Adler and Russ Winter discuss how the boom bust cycle in natural gas ties in with the strong cyclical uptrend in durable goods, and why all will collapse when the Fed is forced to stop propping. The question is when. This is a subscriber only podcast.

If you are not a subscriber, click here to access the most recent free podcast posted on Monday, March 5.

Chicolonblow is a stock i have been watching lately-- since the beginning of the year this latest move up looks 100% computer driven to me. Volume has been pathetic-- just looks like the bid has been consistently lifted every day. I imagine there is quite the air pocket under this one if you can time it right. If we can just undercut one of those daily candles then maybe LOB.

chart.ashx?t=CMG&ty=c&ta=1&p=d&s=l

Ok,the world must be coming to an end,something is just not right....

I got offered 2 "threesomes" in one week.....Really??????

The second one an hour ago in Sam's club :lol:

Gotta love vegas :blink:

I guess it depends on who the other 2 are, and what your/their orientation is.

Archived